(2.4) Wormblaster the Third (A Herald of Ice build)

i switched to this build at lvl 68 and farmed to 77 in dried lake. it is such a fun build, but the disconnection issue really hurts it.

i run the taming+emberwake versions and it is funny how it just deletes bosses :)
My wrists...are gonna be so fucking buff by the time im done with this build. For real. Dps isn't amazing yet (not that I'm expecting it to be), but I outlast everything anyway lmao
This is what I have so far, need to improve jewellery and get better gems.
Spoiler

"
gumas wrote:
I made wormblaster with Emberwake+Taming, I find it that it kills bosses faster.

Here is video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPTjeAGa4mc

Man that looks so cool, dunno If I could afford it though lmao barely was able to outfit normal wormblaster. Would you say dps is much more? Because if so, would give me something to work towards. Could probably sell 6L hegemony I guess.
Hey there, I saw the guide video but i stil have 2 questions:

- Is Herald of Ice reserved mana better than increased herald of ice damage enchant?
- Whats the reason for leaving BV at lv1? Cant you lvl it up to 8 which is lv38 same level as lv1 CWDT?

Regarding kicks, I've found another way dealing with kicks during boss fights. During a boss fight, when you move its registered as an action. If you simply stand still you won't get kicked because you're not performing too many actions since you're not moving thus not performing any additional actions. So as long you are standing still you can spam your flask as hard as possible without any fear being kicked.
"
Ukkoclap wrote:
Hey there, I saw the guide video but i stil have 2 questions:

- Is Herald of Ice reserved mana better than increased herald of ice damage enchant?
- Whats the reason for leaving BV at lv1? Cant you lvl it up to 8 which is lv38 same level as lv1 CWDT?

Regarding kicks, I've found another way dealing with kicks during boss fights. During a boss fight, when you move its registered as an action. If you simply stand still you won't get kicked because you're not performing too many actions since you're not moving thus not performing any additional actions. So as long you are standing still you can spam your flask as hard as possible without any fear being kicked.

1. The answer is relative to how you specialize the build. If you run single-curse without MoM, HoI damage is better. If you run MoM-version or dual-curse, HoI reservation is better.

2. The point isn't to kill the worms faster, it's to regain flask-charges. Either way, the difference between 8 and 1 is almost not noticable, so level it to 8 if you want to.
Horrible content-creator and memelord.
Can anyone help? My damage feels really low. Already transitioned to MoM.

Current passive tree:

Current gear:
Spoiler

As soon as i can get my gloves RRRB i'll be placing frost bomb in that CWDT set up, and breaking the 4l shoes into 2 2l's having cwdt frostbite/flicker fortify
Last edited by djfang on Nov 5, 2016, 2:08:25 PM
In Case someone wants to chime in and lacks of proper gear:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1764076
What do you guys think of using a CWDT-Shock Nova-Elemental Proliferation setup. Will this perma-shock the enemies and make them take 50% increased damage all the time? Or doesn't it work that way?

Also, since I link hypothermia to HOI, do you guys think it necessary to use Vortex if I have Elemental Proliferation linked to BV, since it can perma-freeze enemies which is also counted as chilled?

My setup:
Last edited by 8r3nt on Nov 6, 2016, 6:36:32 AM
First time to play this type of build, I must say this build is amazing. It's just tank through every boss i have face so far (got to T14 so far). I am current level 84 and yes the build is lower dps than meta BV, but it's fun part is the play style. It's also the first build I did my uber lab on level 75.

Question to those playing this build.
- How does people get HoI buff dps to 8k-9k. I am current on 7.1k and feels stretched already.
- How does people get 9k-10k life. I am on level 84, haven't taken all the life node yet but again, on 6.9k hp. I think my target hp is 8-9k @ level 93 max.
- Why not use intuitive leap gem and get to the Celestial Judgement node and Celetrial punishment. It save one point to Devotion hp node and need additional 5 node or 7 node if to take the 2 x 12% Cold damage around there. To add up, spent extra 4 point will give additional 38 elemental damage, 25%extra damage to freeze mob and 2% pen to all element and 5% freeze, shock, and ignite. Plus 24% cold damage if to spent another 2 points.
- For HoI link, is it best to use Empower 3-4, HoI, Cold Pen, Element focus OR, is it better to remove empower and use added cold damage gem instead. I am still leveling my empower gem so I cant test. Just see if any one got any experience. I don't I need increase area, it already has good aoe.

Some feedback from play experience.
- I found the bloodgrip is not worth it, spaming the two jar already can gain huge hp back and bleed never an issue. I've found my hp drop mainly because i spam the Doedre flask. I am using Star of Wraeclast and it's a huge dps gain on HoI. More importantly I dont need to use leap slam to cross ledges. This save me gem slots. In addition, some mention silent ghost is a pain in the @ss. Well this ammy make you immune to silent.
- I drop blasphemy curse, and use CWDT (high level) with curse gem. This save me mana reservation as well as gem slot. Since I am take lot of damage from Doedre flask plus mobs, its pretty much up all the time.
- In term of curse, I am using frostbite + frost bomb combo, and yes the minus resistant does stack. This give mob -64 resist to cold. And as some mention frost bomb is useful for map that has hex proof and high cold resist. Frost bomb -20% cold is not a curse its a debuff instead.
- Link high level CWDT with phase run can keep me running at 78ms and with frenzy its at 97ms most of the time. I think its an absolute must for the build.
- One thing about disconnect due to spam flaks. I found 2 jar + 1 doedre as 1,2,3 work very stable compare to 3 jar with or without 1 doedre as 1,2,3,4. I hardly get dc due to spam flask now. As some mention try not to spam 2 jar at the same time.

Enhancing Gear.
I am thinking to replace my glove with this. Then link it to HoI 4 gems (GGGB).

Without the plus one gem bonus the glove alone give me additional 300 dps to HoI with just 3 frenzy charge. Might respect to make it 4 frenzy charge, since up time of IC is pretty good already. This will give me 28% elemental damage bonus.

Still crafting my opal ring in ESC, using 2 below which are average roll ones. Probably not worth to do 30 element bonus from helmet, its costly per try and its I still work on the uber lab enchant.

Gear

If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Last edited by Ukanta on Nov 6, 2016, 8:35:53 AM
"
Ukanta wrote:

- Why not use intuitive leap gem and get to the Celestial Judgement node and Celetrial punishment. It save one point to Devotion hp node and need additional 5 node or 7 node if to take the 2 x 12% Cold damage around there. To add up, spent extra 4 point will give additional 38 elemental damage, 25%extra damage to freeze mob and 2% pen to all element and 5% freeze, shock, and ignite. Plus 24% cold damage if to spent another 2 points.

Good point. You can actually drop the 6% elemental dmg node between the 2 Celestial nodes and take the 2 12% inc cold dmg instead so you only need 6 points. Also, if you are taking the Endurance charge node just below Devotion, you save another point by dropping the endurance charge duration node. I'm not sure if we can perma-freeze mobs/bosses with Elemental Proliferation linked to BV, to take advantage of "25% extra dmg to frozen mobs" all the time. I think the mechanics of Elemental Proliferation is that when a frozen worm is shattered by BV and dies, the mobs around it will instantly unfreeze, so will the explosion from this worm cause 25% increased dmg to the mobs around it? Can someone clarify this pls?

"
Ukanta wrote:

- For HoI link, is it best to use Empower 3-4, HoI, Cold Pen, Element focus OR, is it better to remove empower and use added cold damage gem instead. I am still leveling my empower gem so I cant test. Just see if any one got any experience. I don't I need increase area, it already has good aoe.

lvl20 HOI deals 308-462 cold dmg. lvl23 HOI (+3 from lvl4 empower) deals 402-603 cold dmg which is 117.5 more base cold dmg on average. 20/20 added cold gives 156.5 more base cold dmg on average plus 10% increased cold dmg. so clearly added cold > empower (correct me if I'm wrong) and it's much cheaper!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info