"GGG considers it impossible for melee to reach t15 "

I can see the well telegraphed argument. It's NOT well telegraphed for first timers who don't do research, but for anyone who knows what's going to happen, it's well telegraphed.

The lack of graphics is a bit of an issue. I imagine it's possible to die to it and have absolutely zero idea what killed you. That's bad graphics design. But not bad telegraphing from a purely mechanical standpoint.

However, the only responses to that telegraph are:
1. Kill it at range.
2. Retreat.
That is a little weird. I don't think it's completely fucked - use melee totems or Spectral Throw or something - but sure FeelsBadMan for melee.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 20, 2016, 12:05:57 PM
"
Emphasy wrote:
I said it wasn't instant, because it is actually well telegraphed. Do you know who decides when DD happens? You. Because without providing the body for the explosion no explosion will happen. So killing a high HP target near something with a high damage DD (like a Unique or an increased Damage DD guy in Poorjoys) should be sign enough. Either kill the DD guy first or stand a bit further away from the body you offer for DD. DD is propably the most telegraphed skill in the game, because you know exactly when it happens.

You're basing that on the assumption the player knows the possibility for a DD exists, which would be absolutely acceptable if the player did know whenever DD was a possibility, as in - the game made it obvious DD is now at play.

In the video there is zero indication the player is about to enter into a stage of the fight in which DD is a factor which is the specific part that's wrong with the fight's design, nothing else.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Sep 20, 2016, 12:08:47 PM
"
You're basing that on the assumption the player knows the possibility for a DD exists, which would be absolutely acceptable if the player did know whenever DD was a possibility, as in - the game made it obvious DD is now at play.

In the video there is zero indication the player is about to enter into a stage of the fight in which DD is a factor which is the specific part that's wrong with the fight's design, nothing else.

Although I would expect a certain amount of knowledge from players playing hardcore I agree that abilities should be more visable.

The Mortality Experimenter actually has a tag that he detonates corpses, not sure why others don't. Exspecially bosses you do not encounter during the story part.

"
The lack of graphics is a bit of an issue. I imagine it's possible to die to it and have absolutely zero idea what killed you. That's bad graphics design. But not bad telegraphing from a purely mechanical standpoint.

Honestly that is why a death recap would be cool.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I do think your core feedback - dying to lag sucks - is good feedback. It's your suggestion - eliminate all OHKOs - which is shit. Your suggestion doesn't fix lag deaths from many hits because it doesn't address the core problem.

No my point is that one shots or near one shots are shit game design in an arpg. Lag-which can't be programmed away regardless of whether you think it can-is just one of the many reasons why. You can disagree with that if you want, but what is your logic for that decision? You like the idea that people lose hundreds of hours to a dead mouse battery or a twitching Internet router? If you want to die instantly play fucking call of duty, that shit doesn't belong in an arpg.

I gave one example of a good lethal mechanic - corrupting blood, and showed the game can be dangerous without including ignorantly stupid one shot mechanics, telegraphed or otherwise. Nobody here has explained a single way one shots are better design than good lethal mechanics like CB.

Until you can explain a reason why your point is valid, you have no logical ground to stand on, which currently you still don't.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 20, 2016, 12:27:27 PM
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
At some point it's not about 'little kids cry'ing it's about expecting better quality from the game. The equivalent of an instant vaal slam that doesn't have any graphics associated with it is obviously not good design.

It wasn't an instant Vaal Slam, but it was detonate dead, something so reliably dangerous that people should now it might happen. I thought people learned that when it happened the last time.

It's nothing but a bad design when every bow or totem user can kill something without any effort while it is completely deadly for a melee char that actually just play the game and do not watch every boss video before doing so!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Guys the chain of events in this fight was:

1. You kill the first form of a boss
2. Second form of the boss spawns and casts detonate dead on the first form corpse
3. You get 1 shot because you were in melee range

There was no time to react to this because the boss spawned right after you killed the boss and insta detonated the corpse.

It wasn't telegraphed nor could anyone running the map for the first time would know that:
1) Boss has two forms
2) Second form has detonate dead

So yeah, it is a badly designed fight because there is no way to know the above 2 things without external research, not because the detonate dead killed him in 1 hit.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Astarte911 wrote:

Im the only Gladiator in Top100 EHC, but i defenitly dont know what im talking about. Yep.

Haha. :)

Being in the top 100 does not say anything about your game knowledge it only tells that you have plenty of time and most likely don't have a job. ^^

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:

It's nothing but a bad design when every bow or totem user can kill something without any effort while it is completely deadly for a melee char that actually just play the game and do not watch every boss video before doing so!

And let's not forget it took the melee char several times longer getting there to begin with and with far more risk already.

Though in the case of bv this clear speed rule doesn't really apply :p
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 20, 2016, 3:18:55 PM
"
Emphasy wrote:

Nobody is arguing that. But inreliability of online gaming is something that is a fixpoint. And if you make a game were a DC or a 1-2 second lagspike is always survivability every situation where no such issues are present are entirely unable harmless. You can't make a game that never threatens your life because you could have a lag spike. Because I this argument the game should actually never allowed to deal fatal damage to me. When I have only 10% HP left, the monsters should stop attacking me, because I could get a short lag spike that kills me. You seem for some reason to assume that lag spikes or DCs only happen to full HP players... they do not. And if you are low they will kill you and if you are full HP they might kill you but you could survive.

If we remove any damage from the game that has the ability to kill you in maybe 1,5 seconds we would have to remove pretty much any damage from the game. Because you could have twin bosses. Or a group of blues, and if one blue enemy can remove 5% of your max HP, 20 might kill you.

Hell I have .... it's pointless.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 20, 2016, 10:08:13 PM
"
"
kamil1210 wrote:

Also gl knowing what buffs and debuffs are on you

THIS!!!!!

Lets just throw every buff and debuff at the top and mix them all up. Same kind of crap with the mods, just a giant ass list that shows up if you hover over the monster.

The Ux is utterly abysmal in this game. Fast paced battle mechanics, rampant and fatal damage spikes, but let's make the UI a lazy, confusing mess, glhf exile! Muhahahahahagahaaaaaaa-*choke*

This and the them not listening to the community, AND doing a awful job at balancing (to their defense there is a lot of stuff, but they have the community that constantly complains about the gap)

These are the reasons i no longer play path of exile, that and the shitty servers that dc you constantly and make you lag on any boss map in the entire game (still). Funny part is, any valve game/server, i get less then 200 ping. The PoE, its ~100-150, with dc's every 5mins-8hrs, usually (frequently) happens in lab :D.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info