"GGG considers it impossible for melee to reach t15 "

Who said such a thing ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Astarte911 wrote:
Well deserved. Mindless running in and facetanking without any thoughts.

Nothing more to say :P

We are not playing RTS here lol .
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Well deserved.

There is nothing well deserved about taking 13k damage in one hit, ever. Period.

I don't care how inattentive he was, how many mistakes he made, or what the circumstances were - this kind of damage output in a single hit is inexcusable.

----------------------------------------------------------

Further, the fact that:
A. people are defending this kind of blatant stupidity in damage output of enemies and
B. even moreso as an anti-melee mechanic

Shows that, sadly as much as I want to see open discussion, there is a large percentage of the population that does not have the intelligence and/or sense needed to be discussing balance on these forums.

The ironically funny fact that it was a blade vortexer that died is just... not really as relevant as the other facts.

Couldn't have said it btter myself. Lol at all the well deserved guys, they do not even know what they are talking about.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Well deserved.

There is nothing well deserved about taking 13k damage in one hit, ever. Period.

I don't care how inattentive he was, how many mistakes he made, or what the circumstances were - this kind of damage output in a single hit is inexcusable.

----------------------------------------------------------

Further, the fact that:
A. people are defending this kind of blatant stupidity in damage output of enemies and
B. even moreso as an anti-melee mechanic

Shows that, sadly as much as I want to see open discussion, there is a large percentage of the population that does not have the intelligence and/or sense needed to be discussing balance on these forums.

The ironically funny fact that it was a blade vortexer that died is just... not really as relevant as the other facts.

Couldn't have said it btter myself. Lol at all the well deserved guys, they do not even know what they are talking about.

Im the only Gladiator in Top100 EHC, but i defenitly dont know what im talking about. Yep.

Haha. :)

Im out here. Go ahead and play your meta shizzle trying to own every aspect of the game by just facerolling/tanking it.

I giggle into my hand, while you little kids cry like a boss about "stupid" OHK mechanics, that are so piss easy to avoid that even my grandma could do it.

GL.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Sep 20, 2016, 8:56:20 AM
"
Astarte911 wrote:
Im the only Gladiator in Top100 EHC, but i defenitly dont know what im talking about. Yep.

Im out here. Go ahead and play your meta shizzle trying to own every aspect of the game by just facerolling/tanking it.

I giggle into my hand, while you little kids cry like a boss about "stupid" OHK mechanics, that are so piss easy to avoid that even my grandma could do it.

GL.

At some point it's not about 'little kids cry'ing it's about expecting better quality from the game. The equivalent of an instant vaal slam that doesn't have any graphics associated with it is obviously not good design.

In fact I would say wanting the experience to be better is being more of a advocate for the game than you trying to justify poor design. That guy's time in the OP video was stolen from him because someone didn't do their job when they designed that fight. It's perfectly reasonable to expect better.
"
At some point it's not about 'little kids cry'ing it's about expecting better quality from the game. The equivalent of an instant vaal slam that doesn't have any graphics associated with it is obviously not good design.

It wasn't an instant Vaal Slam, but it was detonate dead, something so reliably dangerous that people should now it might happen. I thought people learned that when it happened the last time.

"
I know how DD works this players defenses are just trash. I can face tank that DD explosion no problem, I can face tank Shaper. Maybe if the player actually used their brain they wouldn't have died.

No, you cannot survive that. Back in day when Kripp died to his greed (and I think 3 others with him^^) he would have taken over 40k damage from that DD. It is entirely impossible to survive DD on a high HP target from a unique boss. Given that Kripp only had 80% Fire Resistance, you could have survived in that case with 95% Fire Resistance (I assume he did not have a Ruby Flask up because he was just going to get loot). And that was Alira in the old Springs map (the old old one, Tier7 or so) she wasn't that tanky.

Detonate Dead is not survivable, but it is expectable.

"
So there are now multiple people suggesting that their internet is 100% reliable all the time.

Nobody is arguing that. But inreliability of online gaming is something that is a fixpoint. And if you make a game were a DC or a 1-2 second lagspike is always survivability every situation where no such issues are present are entirely unable harmless. You can't make a game that never threatens your life because you could have a lag spike. Because I this argument the game should actually never allowed to deal fatal damage to me. When I have only 10% HP left, the monsters should stop attacking me, because I could get a short lag spike that kills me. You seem for some reason to assume that lag spikes or DCs only happen to full HP players... they do not. And if you are low they will kill you and if you are full HP they might kill you but you could survive.

If we remove any damage from the game that has the ability to kill you in maybe 1,5 seconds we would have to remove pretty much any damage from the game. Because you could have twin bosses. Or a group of blues, and if one blue enemy can remove 5% of your max HP, 20 might kill you.

So if you are afraid that you will die to Connection issues in an online game, then either don't play online games or don't use a forced ruleset like Hardcore, make your own ruleset. You know back when we played DnD with actual pen and paper we had to kill our own characters by ourself. We could technically just reuse them, but they are death, so not sure what people did you could burn the char sheet, or bury it, a friend of mine kept them and he made small cartoons illustrating how his characters died.
"
Emphasy wrote:
"

It wasn't an instant Vaal Slam, but it was detonate dead, something so reliably dangerous that people should now it might happen. I thought people learned that when it happened the last time.

Please don't quote me without reading what I wrote.
@Legatus:

Let's pretend PoE was designed in such a way that a character would remain online for a full hour before being disconnected for no connection. Would you then be arguing that the game should be designed such that combat could go on break for an hour without the player dying?

There must exist some point at which the game says a particular connection is shit, and logs the character out. I'm emphatically FOR a SHORT delay here. Having a power or internet outage is bad enough without losing one's HC character.

There is a certain ping at which both predictive and lockstep fall apart and the game becomes unplayable. It's probably not even 1000ms, probably more like 500ms. If the server doesn't receive communication from the client within that time, the character should be logged out. Safe. Not dying.

At that point, designing around OHKO telegraphed monster hits is just fine. Either you were paying attention and avoided, you weren't and you died, or you lagged hard and timed out into logout.

I do think your core feedback - dying to lag sucks - is good feedback. It's your suggestion - eliminate all OHKOs - which is shit. Your suggestion doesn't fix lag deaths from many hits because it doesn't address the core problem.

By the way, whatever the "timeout" delay is for bad connections... that should be a mandatory logout delay for intentional logouts. Deliberately disconnecting from a fight shouldn't carry any advantages over accidentally disconnecting from a fight - although those who do accidentally should be given every reasonable expectation that their character will live.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Astarte911 wrote:

GL.

In fact I would say wanting the experience to be better is being more of a advocate for the game than you trying to justify poor design. That guy's time in the OP video was stolen from him because someone didn't do their job when they designed that fight. It's perfectly reasonable to expect better.

Refer to video:

https://clips.twitch.tv/pcchild/AttractiveTapirShibeZ

:>
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 20, 2016, 12:01:30 PM
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Emphasy wrote:
"

Please don't quote me without reading what I wrote.

I said it wasn't instant, because it is actually well telegraphed. Do you know who decides when DD happens? You. Because without providing the body for the explosion no explosion will happen. So killing a high HP target near something with a high damage DD (like a Unique or an increased Damage DD guy in Poorjoys) should be sign enough. Either kill the DD guy first or stand a bit further away from the body you offer for DD. DD is propably the most telegraphed skill in the game, because you know exactly when it happens.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info