"GGG considers it impossible for melee to reach t15 "

"
Hunwulf wrote:
"
Astarte911 wrote:
Every new map on the atlas, where i didnt know the boss i just alt+regal'd and then i went into the boss room and placed a decoy totem (or A-Protector) to observe what the bosses are capaple of doing.

So yea, i think this is a well deserved death. We have enough tools, yet people decide to go with some meta shit and facetanking every biatch.

I'll just repeat: well deserved :P

And I repeat: totally dumb mechanic. And tools or not, really hard to avoid here, at least for close combat builds

But not impossible,especially if he had known better.

So as far as the death goes,i'll join in on: Well deserved.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Well deserved.

There is nothing well deserved about taking 13k damage in one hit, ever. Period.

I don't care how inattentive he was, how many mistakes he made, or what the circumstances were - this kind of damage output in a single hit is inexcusable.

----------------------------------------------------------

Further, the fact that:
A. people are defending this kind of blatant stupidity in damage output of enemies and
B. even moreso as an anti-melee mechanic

Shows that, sadly as much as I want to see open discussion, there is a large percentage of the population that does not have the intelligence and/or sense needed to be discussing balance on these forums.

The ironically funny fact that it was a blade vortexer that died is just... not really as relevant as the other facts.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 18, 2016, 3:45:50 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
There is nothing well deserved about taking 13k damage in one hit, ever. Period.

I don't care how inattentive he was, how many mistakes he made, or what the circumstances were - this kind of damage output in a single hit is inexcusable.
I don't agree, for a highly telegraphed attack (ex: Vaal Oversoul arm slam) it's okay.

For me, the question is "how telegraphed was it?" The answer to that is that there was no time to destroy the corpse, it was a pure situation of "destroy this from ranged or die instantly." While somewhat predictable, FORCING players to use at least one ranged skill (perhaps supported with Culling Strike?) is a little shady.

Gray area for me. Which really means I'm still thinking about it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 18, 2016, 3:51:07 PM
No visual indication another boss spawned or the new boss was going to use/using DD or the newly dead boss was about to explode. If I didn't read what had happened in comments I wouldn't know from watching the gameplay video.

It's kind of crazy professional video game designers thought this was acceptable tbh.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Well deserved.

----------------------------------------------------------

Further, the fact that:
A. people are defending this kind of blatant stupidity in damage output of enemies and
B. even moreso as an anti-melee mechanic

Shows that, sadly as much as I want to see open discussion, there is a large percentage of the population that does not have the intelligence and/or sense needed to be discussing balance on these forums.

The ironically funny fact that it was a blade vortexer that died is just... not really as relevant as the other facts.

It's not stupidity,it's weighing in risks and rewards. PoE has always had mechanics and certain boss,or hell,even simple mob moves that could and still can oneshot you if caution is not exercised.
I may not be the most intelligent person around,but at least i know the devil i dance with,so to speak.

Let him serve as a lesson and a reminder to others that the game is still as cruel and unforgiving as it always has been. No player in his right mind would ever attempt an unknown fight,especially in hc environment,in manner that he did.

The large percentage doesn't come to forums to moan about death that could have been avoided,nor does the large percentage defend reckless play that they fully are aware,can be punishing.
I mean i am a scrubcore player through and through,and even i would have done as much research and preparation before even attempting a boss fight that i am not fully aware of,more so in T15 map.
No rest for the wicked.
GGG usually does pretty good encouraging build diversity, better than any other RPG I've ever played anyway. This mechanic would seem to go against that theme though.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Defending OHK is pretty silly imho.... It's a bandaid lazy ass fix for GGG to get us RIPped at least every once in a while, since everything usually dies before it touches you thanks to ever increasing more damage modifier shenengians. Those "mechanics" also happen to hit melee most of the time.

Interestingly, there are no 'more' defensive modifiers, apart from CI and MoM.
Reminds me of the days when D2 classic had oblivion mages casting Iron maiden looool. Like 1 second I be WWing thru mobs, next second after Iron Maiden SFX plays, My barb would be dead.
Welcome to PoE - where 99% of the one-shots targeted at players is all in melee-range.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 18, 2016, 6:06:30 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

I don't agree, for a highly telegraphed attack (ex: Vaal Oversoul arm slam) it's okay.

This to me is the fundamental flaw in your logic that needs to be addressed before anything else. As well as GGG's and a few other posters here.

You show me the universe you live in where momentary disconnects or spikes in latency don't occur, at any time ever. The universe where being instantly hit for 13k damage at once doesn't present the possibility of death for a character, which may have had tens or hundreds of hours dedicated to it, that is 100% certain to be the fault of the user and not the fault of GGG's servers or a momentary holdup in web traffic.

In this universe, being hit for 13k instantly is acceptable. In the current universe we all occupy however, it is not.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 18, 2016, 6:35:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info