"GGG considers it impossible for melee to reach t15 "

What I personally don't get is the damage difference melee/ranged - none. I'm yoloing a melee assassin ATM but I grabbed a bow a few levels back and I was ... surprised about the damage without even specializing into bows (never played bows). Doesn't make much sense to me. Base damage is no different from melee weapons - one handed at least.
"
dyneol wrote:
What I personally don't get is the damage difference melee/ranged - none. I'm yoloing a melee assassin ATM but I grabbed a bow a few levels back and I was ... surprised about the damage without even specializing into bows (never played bows). Doesn't make much sense to me. Base damage is no different from melee weapons - one handed at least.

Melee has almost no benefit compared to range now .... that is the problem :/
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
what you guys think about editing armour-type equipment for additional +3% to max.res bonuses on each pieces?
glowes+boots+helm+chest = +12% = reduce incoming elem,damage for 50% only for full-life builds.
if you playing ES than you can sacrifice some slots with ES on you - and take that armour-type items with addition max.res and some armor = lower ES&upgrading resistance = same effective hp-pool for ES-builds and increasing variants with builds.
rus/en, GMT+4
That would be too broken with flasks and uniques that increase the cap by another 5%.
Also evasion gear would need it too.
I don't see GGG touching max res that easily honestly.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
remake it to 20% less damge like flask againt phys damage

"

that only one path i can see to balance melee and ranged against same type of damage. Now effective HP of ES is doubled against elemental damage. And same against phys. (life build have migtations, ES just large hp-pool)

"

evasion just need total revork. Its retarded now
rus/en, GMT+4
"
HoloPaladin wrote:
remake it to 20% less damge like flask againt phys damage

"

that only one path i can see to balance melee and ranged against same type of damage. Now effective HP of ES is doubled against elemental damage. And same against phys. (life build have migtations, ES just large hp-pool)

"

evasion just need total revork. Its retarded now

That isn't what the phys flask does. It provides 20% Physical damage reduction, which is basically physical resistance. Which stacks additively with other physical damage boni. A Juggernaut with 10 Endurance Charges, Soul of Steel and a Chaos Golem can already reach about 70% physical damage reduction.

Flasks could be change, but they need to reduce elemental damage taken. This would also stack with some nodes (like Juggernaut or Pathfinder who both have reduced damage taken). 20% would also be fairly similar to the 6% max resistance we have now. So it would be an option. The physical flask though has a much higher potential with 20% because a lot of other sources of physical damage reduction are avaible, while this isn't the case for elemental damage.

"
what you guys think about editing armour-type equipment for additional +3% to max.res bonuses on each pieces?
glowes+boots+helm+chest = +12% = reduce incoming elem,damage for 50% only for full-life builds.
if you playing ES than you can sacrifice some slots with ES on you - and take that armour-type items with addition max.res and some armor = lower ES&upgrading resistance = same effective hp-pool for ES-builds and increasing variants with builds.

That wouldn't change anything. First Armor Melees, although mostly Juggernauts are propably the melees in the best shape. Evasion Melee is a lot worse and again, it would be a much greater benefit for ranged chars. Melee chars are mostly taking physical autoattacks from mobs, while the biggest danger for ranged chars are elemental spells or other elemental effects. Giving them armor that makes them more resistance to elemental damage would help them, actually a lot more than it would help melees.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
[...]

You mean from facts taken right out of your magic hat ?

Show me that video of a streamer being one shot by a bear please, show to everyone the one shot so that everyone can actually judge.

There are many situations way too dangerous for melees in high maps.
Random one shots are not the problem ( they would be if they would actually be happening ).
And GGG wants everyone to feel very scared of the most deadly set of modes yes, maybe a fully buffed union of soul monsters with nasty mob could one shot a player, that one I guess it's possible.

I'm not going to argue with you all fucking day dude. The damage can be done. Any bear with some combo of vuln curse, crit aura, phys aura, on a map with some combo of crit, extra damage, vuln will one shot most characters that don't have several stacking phys reductions active. It's a fact.

Whether you can find the video or not IDK, pretty sure it was willywonka or maybe colbycheeze or something but I'm not going to spend more than a few minutes and I haven't found it, but it's out there.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
I'm not going to argue with you all fucking day dude. The damage can be done. Any bear with some combo of vuln curse, crit aura, phys aura, on a map with some combo of crit, extra damage, vuln will one shot most characters that don't have several stacking phys reductions active. It's a fact.

And honestly it doesn't matter. Because you should know that. It's fairly similar to how people in D2 knew that they should avoid Burning Souls and Fetishes. And in PoE the same is true with mobs. Like I said before I would assume that damage variance from an autoattack alone can be in a range of about 500%, if we add rare mods or just a blue mod like Extra Damage or Powerful Crits in there it is even more. And if you roll a map with those mods and see a rare with even more damage just ignore him. That's what I did with Fire/Ice Immune rares in D2. And I used to do it in PoE with Regeneration/Regeneration Aura armored mobs.
"
Emphasy wrote:
"

And honestly it doesn't matter. Because you should know that. It's fairly similar to how people in D2 knew that they should avoid Burning Souls and Fetishes. And in PoE the same is true with mobs. Like I said before I would assume that damage variance from an autoattack alone can be in a range of about 500%, if we add rare mods or just a blue mod like Extra Damage or Powerful Crits in there it is even more. And if you roll a map with those mods and see a rare with even more damage just ignore him. That's what I did with Fire/Ice Immune rares in D2. And I used to do it in PoE with Regeneration/Regeneration Aura armored mobs.

Oh it's way more than 500% dude. You aren't considering all the factors. Well, the physical damage of a single initial hit might only scale up to 5x that might be true, but that's just a tiny part of what can really happen.

I've made this suggestion before but it fell on deaf ears, you are free to go that direction again if you want, but damage scaling is fucking absurd, if they put an upper limiter on damage scaling maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal.

And IDK why you think it doesn't matter, it's quite relevant. In D2 yes you avoided suicide mobs because they were fucking scary, but they were also static meaning once you'd encountered them you knew what to do and you prepared for it accordingly.

In POE, it's more like "OK, I've invested 80% of my nodes into %life and about 10% into evasion, with the rest into those 12 overpowered damage nodes so I can get past necromancers. Sweet looks good these guys don't hurt at all..." then the next map you get 1-2 damage mods and get one shotted by a plain white bear with the crit aura from a nearby rare skeleton near a crit totem. The same white bear you just facetanked 10 seconds ago.

I'm not saying POE should be faceroll easy, it should have challenges, and I've outlined several times many of the things I consider good challenges. But shit like I just described in this last paragraph needs to go.

At least you understand this stuff DOES happen though, I'll give you credit for that. Some unnamed people here can't even accept simple facts.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 28, 2016, 10:08:43 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Whether you can find the video or not IDK, pretty sure it was willywonka or maybe colbycheeze or something but I'm not going to spend more than a few minutes and I haven't found it, but it's out there.

If you are not using any physical reductions mechanism and going melee range ( and curses too ), that is your fault.
If you don't have a significant buff to go with it, it's also your fault.
But if you have those things, OHKO becomes "potentially very dangerous hit".
By the way, the original point I was making was "monsters do not hit for 13k damage out of the blue in melee range, apart from the OP's case".
That the top tier maps with the most nasty set of mods on a deadly ( and then double deadly ) colossal bonestalker could hit for 10k+ without mitigation, I can believe that ( but you can get 40%+ phys mitigation without armor ).
Those ennemies should be extremely scary, but often its not just one shot anyway, its 2 mobs, or one mob and one effect, or one mob and shocked ground, or one mob and volatile, etc ...

Also saying "12 damage nodes so that I can go past necromancers" considering the recent powercreep is just a huge straw.

And if you approach a monster under a crit totem in a map with nasty mods .... that's either brain farting, or stupidity, honestly.
It's asking for getting multiple crit in a split second.

Last edited by Fruz on Sep 28, 2016, 10:24:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info