BOB, Trivialize the game on a budget - beginner friendly

"
xprimalfuryx wrote:
I am wondering, will cloaked in savagery procs from doedre elixir if i wana use one ming's heart ring?

Probably not. just do 10*1.1*chaos resist

Say if you end up with 10% chaos resist 10*1.1*0.9 you take 9.9 % of max life as damage, Doedre's will no longer proc savage hits.

the 1.1 is coming from Berserkers 10% more damage taken.
"
Aryjna wrote:
What gems would you use for a 4 link blade vortex without wyrmsign?

Blade Vortex - Echo - Inc AoE - added fire or poison, if still leveling, added fire.
"
Hi,
What's your thought on using Doedre's Damning ring instead of going up to Whisper of Doom? Doesn't it save many points?
Thanks,

It would save 1 point if you path through the crit or stun avoidance while casting, i've tested converting it to crit but i don't think it's worth it unless you make the typical crit pathfinder.

Using a Doedre's Damning also makes it very hard to swap to Kaom's / Wyrmsign because you will need a lot of resists on other pieces.
my pathfinder CI version: (lvl 84)

Missing carcass jack: it really feels like the obliteration explosion chains stop short with only witch AoE.

Pathfinder doesn't have the 40% more damage, but does have crit chance and the explosion can poison with flask use.

gear

still need surgeon's on some of these flask.

Swapping out inc dura gem for life leech gem for hard boss fights.

tree

Will somehow get the second curse (temp chains & vulnerability combo) after some levels.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAG8A-4HHg18DkgOXA-rES8RUBGWFdcV7Ra_GYobJR1PHb4i9CSLJJ0nqSj6KgsqOCsKLKYsvzOHNAo1uTdMN2Y3gz1fQZZEDUV-SVFJsUuuTLNSU1S9VmNXyVxAXIpd8l9qYlpqjGr6bAttGXBSdf1_gH-Wf8aCx4RvhMWGro2Sj_qTJ5UulouXBpeVl_SbjZu1n22hL6LZpuunK66zsNi0DLVIuZO-isMJwzrEosedyBTI8MrTzqjQH9DQ0PXTftRC1bnXz9lb35jpAuq662Pr9ewY73rviO_r8NXyHfVv9z35N_8Q
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Sep 14, 2016, 4:51:19 PM
how to level marauder from the start?
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
"
bodohspam wrote:
how to level marauder from the start?

I used Shield Charge... Meginord's belt, Facebreakers, Tabula Rasa and The Deep One's Hide shield...you can speed to A4 Mercilles in hours with just this gear..

take this guide from reddit..he uses blood magic but i didnt.i used clarity but its your choice..

start using facebreakers asap with shield charge, meginord's and 2x blackheart. When I was high level enough for good support gems, I slapped on a tabula so I could link my shit to Added fire damage, melee physical damage, faster attacks, increased aoe (conc effect for bosses) and blood magic and shit just DiES maaan!
My gear choices were:
-lvl 16 facebreakers
-Hide of the old one at 20 and the great one's ward at 46 (i probably messed up their names, but whatever.
-tabula whenever you can have supports
-deidbellow because I spam enduring cry and then get 20% movement and attack speed for 4 seconds whch is HUGE when your movement is shield charge
-meginord's
-any rare jewlerry with +physical damage, resists and attributes if you need em'
-anything you're missing on boots, provided they have movement speed. I used lioneye's paws in the past but now I equipped Redblade tramplers
The gems I found the most effective were:
clarity -Hatred -Herald of fire -enlighten (I was leveling it anyways and it's at 2 now) i have blood magic on shield charge so I just need a bit of mana to cast enduring cry and whatever single target I have
cwtd -stone golem -molten shell -increased duration. Molten shell is very good and I'm leveling it for mjolner.
shield charge -blood magic -melee physical -added fire -faster attacks- increased aoe (conc effect for bosses)
-infernal blow -multistrike -melee physical -added fire. For single target when you're up close and personal with bosses and stuff
-enduring cry -vaal haste -increased duration
Ez pz leveling, hold shield charge and blow up your screen.
Anyone playing this on EHC?
I really like this build so far. Not as exhausting to play as the pathfinder bv. Will switch to CI too, i think. But still a very good build for this budget.

PS: I spiced some things up.

Hey Eleziel, whats your opinion on using belly instead of kaom?
I just want to thank you for the build inspiration. I originally started as 2H RT bleed berserker but respeced to this build in order to do shaper. Bricked two sets but got it on my third try.

Spoiler

Some main differences with my shaper build:
- scaled damage through hidden potential jewel, hence the magic gears. this double dips on both physical and chaos hit + damage over time. this is way more than anything you can get on the tree and it's fairly cheap
- pledge of hands for free spell echo, and a fairly cheap effective 6L. I have 7.4k life with kaom's heart, you definitely need the buffer for the fight.
- wither totem to increase poison damage is more useful than having decoy totem
- sustain is primarily through leech, but you cannot leech sometimes because of kiting/vortex/etc.. life potions were barely replenishing life, so I changed the tree to take profane chemistry node. this helped immensely and one use of flask can heal at least half of your life when you have to kite or wait for savage hit to proc (vortex degen doesnt proc it).

tree

gear
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info