BOB, Trivialize the game on a budget - beginner friendly

Pantheon?

So all guardians dead with the setup mentioned above (no damage modes). Some quotes:

Phoenix as I said is easy. I can say the easiest.
Chimera was done deathless. I did avoid all possible insta kill mechanics, and was pretty lucky to smoke phase.
Minotaur done with 1 death due to rock + hit from boss in the same time. I would suggest to kite Mino out of overlapping stonefall circles.
Hydra - 2 (=\) deaths. 1 death due to damn chill while was unflasked and second from "f**k those double frostballs, i'm damn tanking!!111"

All guardians CAN be done deathless without dmg mods, but build is not optimal for this.

Will post updates tomorrow for shaper run, maybe will add vid of it.

"
Beskaius wrote:
Pantheon?

I'm using Solaris/Lunaris and Yugul, but it's not essential, i suppose. Use whatever you want.

"
Any chance of posting an updated skill tree? Curious to try this out as a 'n00b' but not sure where to allot the skills as the skill tree in game looks nothing like what is linked in this thread

My 91 lvl tree (almost nothing changed from original):

Shaper down! There will be no vid of this run, because i come unprepared and messed up a lot of portals.
DPS is better than i thought - you able to easily kill the adds in portal phase and fight is taking not so long at all. It can be easily done deathless, if you will be careful enough.
Last edited by LeeroyDjenkins on Aug 22, 2017, 2:32:37 AM
Should have probably left a reply earlier but Leeroy said what needed to be said.

As for Pantheons, none of them seem that interesting and some are bugged. i personally like full brine king and yugul.

i still haven't made up my mind about what to really change, the best option so far seems to be getting MoM, switching to a brutality setup (frees up the 4 chaos nodes on the tree, same otherwise) and use another chest piece, prossibly Carcass Jack. this means we lose 1 curse which would be temporal chains which no longer does much if anything at all (depending on cospri or not) for damage. it'd still be a nice secondary layer of defense but we get than from MoM and to be honest, the build isn't particularly glassy as long as you pay attention.

It'd have a bit more damage output but no longer scale the explosions as well (less increased chaos damage) and the added chaos from Obliterations would go to waste (still more damage than otherwise)

This does make a weapon swap even stronger for singletarget though.
Last edited by Eleziel on Aug 28, 2017, 4:21:39 AM
Hype alert

VaalPact changes probably means this build is pretty dead. :(
Well-well my old friends, all from Obliteration fan club will play with it in Abyss?
"
KIAEddZ wrote:
VaalPact changes probably means this build is pretty dead. :(
far from it. you'll be able to get 60% of max life leeched per second on any class (assuming new vp doesn't get changed further and soul of arakaali is unchanged)

The singletarget of the original BoB, now, is not that great thanks to the poison changes.
That chest i linked opens up going crit and inquisitor (phys to lightning, conversion vinktar and the new boots that convert 20% of phys to light) which should be a lot more direct damage which should feel better for mapping, given the explosion damage can be scaled high enough.

This also means the build can finally get shield charge (which on an inquisitor becomes supersonic thanks to instruments of virtue) since it doesn't need the obliterations anymore

The leech changes also opens up a lot of other ascendancies for this playstyle,
Slayer which is clearly the king of AOE, provide perma onslaught and gain unending hunger (honestly, if leech was easier to get this build would've been a slayer from the start)

Occultist for an additional curse, higher chance of chaos explosion, power charge generation and possibly reducing chaos res (no clue yet if dealing chaos damage will be a thing anymore)

Raider for zoom zoom, frenzy charges add up to similar damage as a berserker and gain status immunity.

The deciding factor will be sources of leech, right now the only way to get a good amount of spell leech is vinktar, which basically means you're hurting yourself if you're not doing the inquisitor setup (blasphemy warlords mark does absolutely nothing vs bosses due to both curse effectiveness reduction and leech reduction)

Also, Rory said reflect will turn into an avoidable counter attack and won't be based on your damage output, this also means that current VP is hardly needed anymore, one of the few places you'd notice the change is facetanking minotaur while being in the rock fall aoe but that just means you have to pay attention (which is a good thing imo)
Here's a mockup of the inquisitor i was talking about https://pastebin.com/ayJ1CAQh

explosion damage should be around 60%, not as high as i'd want but certainly workable.
Two questions for those who play with BoB:
1) Want respec after 93+. What i can choose? Need you recomendations.
2) Leveling gear? What advices you can give to me?
Last edited by Kryshlom on Dec 4, 2017, 11:17:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info