BOB, Trivialize the game on a budget - beginner friendly

"
so BOB is still a good option for 3.0? I'm looking for an Uber Lab Farmer, any other suggestions if BOB doesn't cut it?

Judge dude:
The Ascendant's Berserker skill now grants 20% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed if you've taken a Savage Hit recently (instead of 25% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've taken a Savage Hit recently)
Also i highly advice look to Ming Heart.

At general we shall see how reworked BV mechanic deal damage: "Blade Vortex had its 'more spell damage' scaling modifier changed to 'more damage with hits for each blade', and separately 'more damage with ailments for each blade'."

I want to believe there no skill killing.
"
Kryshlom wrote:
"
so BOB is still a good option for 3.0? I'm looking for an Uber Lab Farmer, any other suggestions if BOB doesn't cut it?

Judge dude:
The Ascendant's Berserker skill now grants 20% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed if you've taken a Savage Hit recently (instead of 25% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've taken a Savage Hit recently)
Also i highly advice look to Ming Heart.

At general we shall see how reworked BV mechanic deal damage: "Blade Vortex had its 'more spell damage' scaling modifier changed to 'more damage with hits for each blade', and separately 'more damage with ailments for each blade'."

I want to believe there no skill killing.

is there a 3.0 skill tree? couldn't find it
"

Path notes, Sir
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1930316
"
Kryshlom wrote:
"

Path notes, Sir

an updated skill tree. Not patch notes lol
"
assassin543 wrote:
"
Kryshlom wrote:
"

Path notes, Sir

an updated skill tree. Not patch notes lol

I check something and if we run as Mind over Matter (Eleziel wanna try it, he say that in reddit) we can save some points cuz Practical Application no more one short way in tree.

http://imgur.com/a/ckjb5
Last edited by Kryshlom on Aug 3, 2017, 11:26:41 AM
"
Kryshlom wrote:
Glad to see Eleziel still here. Also bump for Great Justice! Wanna ask you guys about new Ming Heart what now have 5-10% reduced life instead 10% reduced life. Tasty!

Reduced life is still reduced life :)

I'm toying around with another idea using Mings and Shade of Solaris (different build) but that won't be for now.

I'll be updating the build in a few min.
Build thread updated. if you find any errors, leave a message.

The build has taken a large hit in single target damage by the poison nerfs but it's still a great league starter and does very respectable damage endgame.

snapshot from the 2.6 final version
Build snapshot for the latest and best version so far:

For Path of Building users, here's the pastebin to import it https://pastebin.com/fkkAFTii

BOB: Berserker, Obliteration, Blade Vortex

My idea behind this build was to have a cheap league starter that focused on area of effect while still being able to deal with most/all bosses, Turns out it's good enough to kill the Shaper.

Obliteration takes care of the AoE aspect, it scales with monster life.
Cloaked in Savagery in combination with vaal pact takes care of the other (especially with Blade Vortex because they will stay while you are not casting)

Now for the guide part, first lets go over why this works.

Obliteration, when you kill an enemy they have a 20% chance to explode per wand dealing 25% of their life as chaos damage. This can be scaled with increased damage, increased area damage, increased chaos damage and more damage from the Berserker passive skill Aspect of carnage.

Ok, so why blade vortex?

Well it was buffed, that's one reason. The more important reason is that Obliteration itself grants 15% of physical damage as chaos damage and it has a nice amount of spell damage on the implicit per wand.

For those that are curious, yes, it works with Bladefall too but Blade Vortex clears a lot faster and is a lot saver due to constantly leeching without having to cast.

Passive skill tree

Level 82

Right now before 3.0 hits, the passive tree on the site is not yet updated. the life nodes in the witch area will replace the stun avoidance cluster.

Take the 2 point jewel sockets last and try to find jewels that have + %life and any %damage mod asap for the 1 point jewel sockets.

Which Ascendancy points to take first?
I took Cloaked in savagery first because i didn't feel like i needed the damage early on while 100% leech with vaal pact trivializes a lot of content.

Bandits

Kill all.

Unless this is your league starter as in, level to 80 and use the currency obtained to roll your real build, you can kill Alira which is going to be a huge quality of life as you're getting 111% (mixed) elemental resists which almost takes care of a third you'd otherwise get on gear and the mana regen is nice as well.

Itemization

Weapons
Well obviously

I Prefer using two of them. there's not really a reason to use something else as your second weapon or a shield

They run for an alchemy and are the only requirement for this build. Chances are that for the first one or two days they are around 10 chaos

Helmet

Wands do not have a good movement skill and Lightning Warp is a bad choice due to skill duration on the passive tree so movement speed is everything. It also helps a lot with the dex requirement for your gems

A slightly more expensive item, it's not required but does make the build a lot better

chestpiece

Still best in slot for this build, allows us to use both Vulnerability and Temporal chains, which both improve our damage and Temporal chains adds defense.

You can use a tabula till mid level maps and do fine.

The rest of the items are just rares with life/resists and if you can fit it in, chaos damage on rings (from essences)

Jewels
Look for anything with life, increased damage, increased physical damage, increased area damage, increased spell damage and increased chaos damage.

Gem links.

Blade Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Echo - Concentrated effect - Added Chaos Damage Efficacy

Swapping Echo for Void Manipulation will be substantially more damage per blade but i prefer Echo to build up stacks quickly while mapping

Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Vulnerability
This grants both defense and offense

Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Vortex - Increased Duration
My gem levels are - 3 - 4 - 1 - 20 in that order

A very common defense setup, Vortex creates a large area of effect chill which slows monsters, on top of Temportal Chains.

Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Arcane Surge

While we mostly use movement speed for mobility, Flame Dash is very useful for crossing gaps, ledges etc. and to get out of something bad quickly. With the addition of Arcane Surge it also adds cast speed, damage and mana regen

Utility links

Vaal Haste Vaal Clarity- Increased Duration

Vaal clarity is mostly used for pre stacking 20 blades before going face to face with a boss, It doesn't take too many souls that it hurts Vaal Haste

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to reply to this thread.

To answer the question of, "why are you still using poison after the 3.0 patch?"

I've tried a few things such as crit, non crit elemental conversion or just noncrit altogether and all the options seems about equal or worse. crit elemental versions certainly can get more singletarget damage but have to be inquisitor (removes the budget immortality) and can't really use Obliteration (removes the budget clearspeed)
OK cool, how about MoM?

LVL: 90
DPS according to PoB: ~247k (not all 20/20 gems, not perfect gear)
Life: 6200 + 440ES

Uberlab is really easy if you get used to traps (I'm just using 3 life flask in lab "just in case" =D)
Farming up to T13 because didn't managed to find higher/don't really want to for now.
Want to bring this build to guardians for 3.0. For Shaper/Uber DPS seems kinda "meh", but who knows, maybe i'll try it in some time =)
For guardians i'm going to swap rare ring for ming's heart and use a rare helmet. I suppose that Sin's Rebirth is another large additional damage source (and it costs not THAT much this league).

Would be glad to hear suggestions on options for further single-target DPS increase.

UPD: done T15 Overgrown ruin deathless and Phoenix with 1 death due to mistake.
Gear and gems used for boss fights:

Phoenix was pretty fast and easy - just take down birds and don't get hit by explosion. Highly recommended using purity of fire for this fight instead of vulnerability.
Last edited by LeeroyDjenkins on Aug 16, 2017, 8:38:07 AM
Any chance of posting an updated skill tree? Curious to try this out as a 'n00b' but not sure where to allot the skills as the skill tree in game looks nothing like what is linked in this thread

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info