Season One, Race Event 10: Three Hour Solo

glhf
ololol
"
And it's incredibly skill based. I'm pretty sure that even if I could get 10x the amount of good rare drops, I would still lose to all the Kripps and Nugiys simply because my understanding of game mechanics, where and when to farm for XP and items, how to deal with certain dangerous situations is lacking.

I watch Kripp and Nugi and i feel like i KNOW what to do, but i can't freak'in do it myself yet. I pretty much die 80% of the time to Rhoas trying to get their eggs. Too freakin many of them lol...

Last night i tried as Ranger instead of shadow and I made it to Ledge, farmed there a bit and moved on to Rocky and promptly died to a horde of archer skellys , was level 8. And i was also way slower, though moving as fast as i thought i could without putting myself at extreme risk.

So ya, they make it look easy but it's not! Much respect to those guys.

Knowing how to read the 'random' maps is a skill i don't have yet. Also knowing what piecesi need to keep a look out for or buy in the shops i'm also not sure of other than coral rings and movement speed boots.

But those guy shave been playing this game for year(s), i played CB a little bit a weekend here or there but didn't really start playing it much till OB. So i'm just a n00b, can't expect to compete with these guys. SO i just watch and try and learn a little bit more each race that I can apply myself.
Last edited by xTANKx on Feb 26, 2013, 11:48:25 AM
"
Drystion wrote:
http://www.twitch.tv/drystion/b/370905004?t=10m20s

That's how you get 0 points in a race. I could go on, but it speaks for itself, some players are playing a totally different game.

Interesting. I've had lag spikes like that, but it doesn't kill me.

Two things I see that could help reduce your lag.

1: Turn off chat. Do you really need to see gold spammer ads while you're playing hardcore? Why have the distraction.

2: Stop streaming. Bandwidth isn't unlimited, I'm sure streaming has some affect on your gameplay. Maybe you get the same desync when not streaming, though...

The servers aren't perfect but they are pretty good considering. Certain monsters really cause problems, so be careful around them.
I died to desynch every race i've attempted.

The only chars I've lost in HC: died to desynch.

I've gone as far as to bind a macro to my mouse that opens chat and types /oos command to combat desynch, but i don't always realize when I've desynched quickly enough for it to make a difference
Died to Brutus i totally suck at this races but its still fun trying
for once nice RNG and start to use leap slam and desync very badly. MY OWN FAULT, not qq.

enjoy the wep:
Last edited by Janimarkus on Feb 26, 2013, 1:02:23 PM
had a pretty good race at least for my standard
but just died too lag @level 17 in the western forest with couple of exploders :(

but still had some fun, got 2 chaos and 1 alch:)
ign: CycloneThatBitch
Last edited by fiYah_82 on Feb 26, 2013, 1:27:20 PM
Had horrible lag/desync entire race. Used to it with Roahs etc. but I've never been so angry when Merveil was popping around.

Nothing near me in Western, suddenly die. Did /oos, apperently server thought I got stuck 20 meters back and suicidebombers got me.

I really enjoyed first few races but the lag/desync seems to be getting worse every race which I don't understand since there's less and less people playing them.
Got a healthy disconnect as well when entering a new instance.

I'll still do races, but if I get robbed of my points like this a few more times that's just not fun, HC is bearable when it comes to desync but the races make you feel so cheated out of your performance when you die to a shitty thing. Was 11th witch when I died, just getting ahead of others and catching up with the grinders, been 3rd witch before, so I'm not a complete idiot blaming lag here.

GL peps whom are alive and grats!
Have to leave early but got my build tested and its insanely good.
I'm a huge advocate of having more 3 hour races because they take the most skill, especially solo. 2 hour is a grind fest and 1 hour is RNG based and 4 hr is grind again...
As for desync it's easy to leArn imo

Also got an albino rhoa feAther And a gcp. I now have 1 feather on default and 1 on hardcore.

P.s. I'll trade them for a demigod wreath lol
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Feb 26, 2013, 2:43:12 PM
Died in waterfall lvl 1, was running with minimap on and looked like i can pass between wall and rock but it was a corner, two bears on me, panicked and hit options instead of log out. Too bad, was my best time by far, but at least I got some experience in progressing a2.
ign: Krowa_IX HC | RacingCow races

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info