Season One, Race Event 10: Three Hour Solo

Prizes have been awarded! Overall season standings are here. Check out how close the top 3 slots are!

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

For information about our new race event season, please check out this announcement!

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Triumph (Unique Golden Wreath) and 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 32: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 29-31: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 26-28: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 23-25: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 20-22: 3 Reward Points

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.

• Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:

• Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Feb 26, 2013, 3:27:23 PM
1 event out of 10. Start date and time never matches for me ;] ... . :)
CASUAL GAMER
Last edited by Gicu on Feb 24, 2013, 3:12:56 PM
i cannot wait, LOL
Don't waste 9 hours on 3 races like i did... for (0) points...
The race is NOT about skill!!!!!!!
Anyone interested in racing watch this first.....

http://youtu.be/l1VyUADEZLM
Last edited by seg_fault on Feb 24, 2013, 7:57:52 PM
If you got 0 points, you obviously did smth wrong.
"
seg_fault wrote:

Have you made this post in every current race topic? ...

Anyways, interesting video, watched the first 45 minutes so far and will probably go for the rest tomorrow. Even though the video is fairly old, its really interesting and i think it contains a lot of useful advice. :)
I just dont get how you cannot see the skill in leveling that effective... o.O
"
seg_fault wrote:

How is that not about skill? What you consider skill then? Gear and luck are always involved, we all know that much.

The video is fairly old and a lot of things shown there doesn't apply anymore. You'll always get an upper hand if you'll drop a unique/rare early that can allow you a faster kill rate or increased move speed.

Most people compensates for that by using fire trap/poison arrow as that way you don't have to care much about your items early on.

Nobody is stopping you from spending a 1:30 to run a shadow to Hillock to get fire trap and put it in your storage, in case you're playing a class that doesn't get it normally.

I personally play on a really old PC and I have 1min+ load time on instances and can't even abuse >log off >town because of that, but I still don't see a reason to complain about things that happen in races.

I honestly think skill is much more important in races. Your experience to know where exist spawned, knowing where you should kill monsters and where you should just run through and how to deal with certain situations or not get into them (getting surrounded, dealing with bosses efficiently without risking a death and such).

The need for skilled players is even more noticeable in team races, as well as good team work obviously.

In the end, it's a game and races gives you a chance to get as close as possible to competition on equal grounds from 0, between same classes.

Prizes aren't something that you could cry about either. They're nothing "broken" or "unfair", a collectors item at best, though if they'll receive a unique in-game model design their price should obviously increase as it will with time anyways, because that's how collectable items work.

edit:
How can you get 0 points in every race? It's not hard to get to 21 and just go "done" to get minimum points. Even more easy in 3 hour race. I know I can't compete for top places because of technical difficulties and I'm satisfied with playing a relaxed game where I have a clear goal and can allow myself to take breaks as well. Sure I won't get the Demigod's Triumph or the mirror in the end, but for me it's not about getting prizes.
Last edited by Gravis on Feb 26, 2013, 2:07:22 AM
http://www.twitch.tv/drystion/b/370905004?t=10m20s

That's how you get 0 points in a race. I could go on, but it speaks for itself, some players are playing a totally different game. You can watch youtube videos of certain players saying, roll proper flasks, react quickly, and in case of a bad desync, menu exit. That's great, I mean I consider the whole menu exit thing to be lame, but with a sudden desync sometimes you really do have to if you play HC. But I'm not sure everyone realizes how often this shit is happening for some of us. Some players have it not more then once or twice a day, and normally don't have any bad issues. But then, I've been in races where I die, reroll, die, reroll, die. In closed beta had a lot of bad experiences like that, and while its a little better overall, its still pretty bad at times. I know what happens when it don't happen, that's how I got my demis from closed, 4/5 from solo. I enjoy winning, and placing highly, even if its a close 2nd or 3rd. That's whats fun about the races. No way I'm going back to the idea of run 10 races and you'll get 2 or 3 that you get good sync on, just no way. Especially with season long rewards. I want to compete, but with issues like that, I cant. And so... I wont. Hey, its great the game is working for some of you, I'm sure your having a lot of fun, its a truly great game!

Ill check back time to time waiting for the desync patch, until then, like I said in the vod, I can find something else to play.
Yes, even a pretty casual player like myself can enjoy a race. It's not that hard to reach the minimum required level for points, and getting some friends in on the action brings some fun and fair competition.

And it's incredibly skill based. I'm pretty sure that even if I could get 10x the amount of good rare drops, I would still lose to all the Kripps and Nugiys simply because my understanding of game mechanics, where and when to farm for XP and items, how to deal with certain dangerous situations is lacking.

So yes, thank you, I think I'll play some races now and then. Especially the fun ones - short races with crazy modifiers, like turbo, cut-throat n stuff. I would actually insanely enjoy more short races with creative modifiers, like everyone starts with blood magic, elite packs having extra attributes, no item drops (you get only currency and have to vendor everything), etc, etc. Anyhow, the possibilities are huge, and I feel that this game is on it's way to exploring lots of them.
"
seg_fault wrote:

Hmm... i have 0 points too... but i died... .
That is fun and this is awesome.

If You don't accept this, just don't play.
CASUAL GAMER
Last edited by Gicu on Feb 26, 2013, 5:52:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info