Season One, Race Event 10: Three Hour Solo

"
TheuberClips wrote:

what is this? first time i see an albino rhoa feather

this race was my best. made it to lvl 20 and got my first reward points =)
the 2 races before i died to teleporter brutus.
i got no good drops except an regal orb in upper prison.

my best drops:
too much clutter!
Dropped at around the 40 minute mark and placed top Marauder with it:

Actually I almost lost because I farmed City of Sarn for an hour instead of progressing to Docks.

IGN @dime
Died 15 minutes into it, rerolled and did 1.5 lvl better than my last 3 hr solo effort ... still no points, but almost there ... so-so drops, 2 alchs and some misc

Spoiler

BLAMT!
"
Drystion wrote:
"
quasicat wrote:
"
Drystion wrote:
http://www.twitch.tv/drystion/b/370905004?t=10m20s

That's how you get 0 points in a race. I could go on, but it speaks for itself, some players are playing a totally different game. You can watch youtube videos of certain players saying, roll proper flasks, react quickly, and in case of a bad desync, menu exit. That's great, I mean I consider the whole menu exit thing to be lame, but with a sudden desync sometimes you really do have to if you play HC. But I'm not sure everyone realizes how often this shit is happening for some of us. Some players have it not more then once or twice a day, and normally don't have any bad issues. But then, I've been in races where I die, reroll, die, reroll, die. In closed beta had a lot of bad experiences like that, and while its a little better overall, its still pretty bad at times. I know what happens when it don't happen, that's how I got my demis from closed, 4/5 from solo. I enjoy winning, and placing highly, even if its a close 2nd or 3rd. That's whats fun about the races. No way I'm going back to the idea of run 10 races and you'll get 2 or 3 that you get good sync on, just no way. Especially with season long rewards. I want to compete, but with issues like that, I cant. And so... I wont. Hey, its great the game is working for some of you, I'm sure your having a lot of fun, its a truly great game!

Ill check back time to time waiting for the desync patch, until then, like I said in the vod, I can find something else to play.

It is a big issue, but if we speak about the video above, it all could have been avoided by a standard circling of charging monsters. This works in desync and no desync, and it seems likely you would've been charged to death even if there was no desync in this situation. Of course, you might have been able to avoid it as you would have seen their real path.

I have the same kind of desync displayed above every race, and commonly when playing in HC too. I hate it, but it's manageable.

Its not manageable, circling will not save you, in fact nothing will if the desync is severe, other then just exiting fast enough. Notice how the body moves back after I died, that's from a /oos I sent. The sever didn't register any movement away from them at all. That's more or less what desync is, registering false movement, or not registering movement. You could call it manageable if you want to slow down, do one pack at a time, and generally throw a decoy or some totem into a room before you enter, but that's just not the game play I want, I want the fast paced game play it has the potential to bring. (Even then your not immune to desync)

I totally agree with all of your points, but you provided us with a video of your death. You didn't circle at all. Just because your body was slightly out of sync and was corrected with /oos to demonstrate a point is not really what happened there. Your character was moving, but you just didn't circle away from the charges and got hit, although not visibly, but predictably. You didn't show us a video of you running through a dungeon and then getting rubberbanded back into the same mobs that you ran past 30 seconds ago and dying. You just got charged by mobs that didn't appear to be charging at you. Their movement was predictable.
Ill just make one last post, there hasn't been a single explanation as asked for about this circle thing (somewhat expected tbh). If you mean, hey, run in a circle, then, seriously!? I've done that, I've done everything. If you suffer from chronic desync, you would understand, I really didn't realize how many thought they had desync and actually didn't have it very bad at all. When you are desynced, you are not in the same spot on your screen as the server, and the difference is not always the same, your a random direction away. So no matter what direction you run, you could well be running into something, like a charging roa.

If you had watched Pandas three hour race video you would d notice in one part he turns around to hit a pack of monsters he ran past in a tight corridor. Its pretty common knowledge that corridors can cause rubber banding, and sometimes desync. Turning around to hit these can help to keep you synched, and wheres another pro tip for you, from what I've observed make sure your actually targeting one of them, and not just throwing your aoe in a direction to hit them. It seems the server will correct to hit your target if need be, just as you would on your screen, but if your not actually targeting something then the server wouldn't correct if needed and it isn't going to help keep you synched. Its become something of a habit, you can see me targeting a middle roa, and quickly moving the cursor to move away. In this case it didn't help, its like the server just stopped recording movement at all for me the moment the first one started charging. If you don't have chronic desync, then you can pretty much do what ever you want, including circling. Just watch what the racers do that win, they just sidestep and keep running forward, no problems. If you would have paid attention to the video, you can see me get stunned well before any of the roas charging to me actually hit me, it would appear the roa to the far right actually hit me. I admit its not a case of massive desync, but being a race, its a no survive situation regardless (even if it was recording my movement, had the desync been in the oposite direction, I would have probably ran into the roa). Sure there are strategy's that you can use to get through mud flats in a race even with desync, but it typically involves slowing down, back tracking, and just generally taking a long time, doing the menu exit if need be also. This is however, not what a race is, surly no one needs that explained.

Perhaps that tip on targeting in corridors will help someone, but it really looks like there is only a few people that have chronic desync issues and most are just omg I rubber banded and had no idea how to react so desync killed me. The only streamer that has actually had any desync issues that I know of is Simon, pretty much everyone else can just do whatever and be worry free, not to mention a lot of them get some amazing rng at the start of every races, I don't think I've ever went back to watch vods and seen someone killing brutus with a while Lv1 maul and no medium flasks.

Stay safe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info