Season One, Race Event 10: Three Hour Solo

this time the teleportin brutus will not get me =)
too much clutter!
"
seg_fault wrote:
Don't waste 9 hours on 3 races like i did... for (0) points...
The race is NOT about skill!!!!!!!
Anyone interested in racing watch this first.....

http://youtu.be/l1VyUADEZLM

Longer the race is, less room there is for rng.

and if you rly got 0 points out of 3 races, you are really really low in skill.
IGN: WibanGG
"
Drystion wrote:
http://www.twitch.tv/drystion/b/370905004?t=10m20s

That's how you get 0 points in a race. I could go on, but it speaks for itself, some players are playing a totally different game. You can watch youtube videos of certain players saying, roll proper flasks, react quickly, and in case of a bad desync, menu exit. That's great, I mean I consider the whole menu exit thing to be lame, but with a sudden desync sometimes you really do have to if you play HC. But I'm not sure everyone realizes how often this shit is happening for some of us. Some players have it not more then once or twice a day, and normally don't have any bad issues. But then, I've been in races where I die, reroll, die, reroll, die. In closed beta had a lot of bad experiences like that, and while its a little better overall, its still pretty bad at times. I know what happens when it don't happen, that's how I got my demis from closed, 4/5 from solo. I enjoy winning, and placing highly, even if its a close 2nd or 3rd. That's whats fun about the races. No way I'm going back to the idea of run 10 races and you'll get 2 or 3 that you get good sync on, just no way. Especially with season long rewards. I want to compete, but with issues like that, I cant. And so... I wont. Hey, its great the game is working for some of you, I'm sure your having a lot of fun, its a truly great game!

Ill check back time to time waiting for the desync patch, until then, like I said in the vod, I can find something else to play.

It is a big issue, but if we speak about the video above, it all could have been avoided by a standard circling of charging monsters. This works in desync and no desync, and it seems likely you would've been charged to death even if there was no desync in this situation. Of course, you might have been able to avoid it as you would have seen their real path.

I have the same kind of desync displayed above every race, and commonly when playing in HC too. I hate it, but it's manageable.
"
quasicat wrote:
"
Drystion wrote:

That's how you get 0 points in a race. I could go on, but it speaks for itself, some players are playing a totally different game. You can watch youtube videos of certain players saying, roll proper flasks, react quickly, and in case of a bad desync, menu exit. That's great, I mean I consider the whole menu exit thing to be lame, but with a sudden desync sometimes you really do have to if you play HC. But I'm not sure everyone realizes how often this shit is happening for some of us. Some players have it not more then once or twice a day, and normally don't have any bad issues. But then, I've been in races where I die, reroll, die, reroll, die. In closed beta had a lot of bad experiences like that, and while its a little better overall, its still pretty bad at times. I know what happens when it don't happen, that's how I got my demis from closed, 4/5 from solo. I enjoy winning, and placing highly, even if its a close 2nd or 3rd. That's whats fun about the races. No way I'm going back to the idea of run 10 races and you'll get 2 or 3 that you get good sync on, just no way. Especially with season long rewards. I want to compete, but with issues like that, I cant. And so... I wont. Hey, its great the game is working for some of you, I'm sure your having a lot of fun, its a truly great game!

Ill check back time to time waiting for the desync patch, until then, like I said in the vod, I can find something else to play.

It is a big issue, but if we speak about the video above, it all could have been avoided by a standard circling of charging monsters. This works in desync and no desync, and it seems likely you would've been charged to death even if there was no desync in this situation. Of course, you might have been able to avoid it as you would have seen their real path.

I have the same kind of desync displayed above every race, and commonly when playing in HC too. I hate it, but it's manageable.

Its not manageable, circling will not save you, in fact nothing will if the desync is severe, other then just exiting fast enough. Notice how the body moves back after I died, that's from a /oos I sent. The sever didn't register any movement away from them at all. That's more or less what desync is, registering false movement, or not registering movement. You could call it manageable if you want to slow down, do one pack at a time, and generally throw a decoy or some totem into a room before you enter, but that's just not the game play I want, I want the fast paced game play it has the potential to bring. (Even then your not immune to desync)
"
seg_fault wrote:
Don't waste 9 hours on 3 races like i did... for (0) points...
The race is NOT about skill!!!!!!!
Anyone interested in racing watch this first.....

http://youtu.be/l1VyUADEZLM

I bet you didn't even watch the video. If you did you'd realize that there's no phase run anymore, this vid has only 2 acts... GG. You're #1 troll.
Last edited by Janimarkus on Feb 26, 2013, 8:23:16 AM
How do I sign up to this race?
IGN: FpSho
"
Drystion wrote:

Spoiler

I know you from the CB races.
Anyway, it looks like the same game I'm playing, where Rhoas is a bitch, as is Brutus with his hook and the rolling stones. What do they have in common? They desync.
Yes it sucks, and ofc it would be nice without it, and I hope and am pretty sure GGG will continually improve the system and keeps it high prio.

Though how do we as players handle it? Is a relevant question. Do we rage and quit the game? I'd rather not. (In the end, general game experience and a decision to give the game a break might certainly correlate with desync problems, however)
In the meantime, while I still play the game, I as a player try my best not to focus on the desync issue, and I handle it best I can instead.

With some experience of the game, you can learn what causes desync and how to counter it.
To be fair, in your video, the death was quite unnecessary.. I don't wanna go into details, but you know they will charge you if you go in front of them and GS. And you know the charge will stun, and you know their damage is enough to kill you in a few hits with 67 max life.
I know your frustration, but we can chose to become frustrated beyond control or take it a bit more easy around rhoas(and other desync-heavy shit).

So, I understand if you don't wanna play right now, but there seem to be a very widespread phenomenon to blame the desync; "died to desync", among perhaps many "new" players.
And while it is very difficult to avoid the desync at times, good HC players know ways to reduce the amount of desync in their game, and its impact when it happens.
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
Could we do something about the horrible gem order for rangers?

1. Our starting tree is shitty
2. You guys are nerfing psn/fire trap because Mors/Kripp/other "well known" figures are whining about it when we already had some full white GS mara getting more xp than a ranger will probably ever get in a 3 hour solo.
3. Dual Strike/Cleave/split arrow for a ranged character as hillock rewards is a joke.
You can make a new character half an hour before the race, and the race will show up in the league selection. Don't forget to select it ;)
rhoas are not the only mobs who desync heavy in my last 2 races i attended i desynced hugely in the passage caverns(merveils daughters and the crabs). Died with 3 chars there, i did a lot of pratice runs where i kill brutus with no trouble at all but then racetime=deathtime that´s not funny

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info