LAB - Give us hope or give us closure GGG

game that puts my own fun in hands of some adolescent stranger over the internet wont get my money

thats why i welcomed perm loot and welcomed the death of 'party up or gtfo' that early POE was all about

i do not want quality of my free-time be determined by some angry 13yo who just happen to likes to ruin everyone's day for HIS FUN. sorry, im not going to risk my time - whim of a strangers is a bad recipe for fun in my book

and it seems that im not alone - it has nothing to do with 'easy button' - it has to do with 'quality' of general 'social interaction over the internet'. i do not want to 'enjoy' it if i can avoid it.
"
sidtherat wrote:
game that puts my own fun in hands of some adolescent stranger over the internet wont get my money

thats why i welcomed perm loot and welcomed the death of 'party up or gtfo' that early POE was all about

i do not want quality of my free-time be determined by some angry 13yo who just happen to likes to ruin everyone's day for HIS FUN. sorry, im not going to risk my time - whim of a strangers is a bad recipe for fun in my book

and it seems that im not alone - it has nothing to do with 'easy button' - it has to do with 'quality' of general 'social interaction over the internet'. i do not want to 'enjoy' it if i can avoid it.

How did we even start to argue about perm alloc? Isn't it obvious that it's a good thing?

Besides what sidtherat already wrote, it's also nice to see people actually type "chaos" or "6s" or whatever. Perma loot just upgrades the general etiquette. Preventing people from being assholes is a good thing... If you're in a party you can actually care about other party members well being.

In d2 I remember very vividly that the atmosphere was always "every man for himself". Because everyone knew that we're playing for now together, sure, but when that baal drops you better pick up whatever you can as fast as you can or you'll get nothing. Even if someone played ranged, people would even walk up to him when he was about to drop just to be as close as possible to the loot.

It was ok at that time because nobody knew any better, but come on. Perma loot is the ****.
Did we get any insight on the lab with the latest announcements? I don't see anything...
"
Siochan wrote:
Did we get any insight on the lab with the latest announcements? I don't see anything...

Because there is nothing to see has expected, you can quit the game for good now.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 12, 2016, 6:16:44 PM
I already uninstalled on Prophechy, waiting for the lab getting out.
Not waiting for GGG to give closure any more. Uninstalled with 2.4's announcement and no change or discussion of the worst content they ever created.
I don't think the problem lies within the lab to be honest. If the traps did reasonable damage to someone that doesn't have a billion health regeneration and the way they're littered all over the damn place wasn't so FUBAR then I wouldn't have a problem doing Uber for those last 2 points.
My storm caller is a squishy piece of trash but she can still do merciless lab reasonably but Uber is pretty much out of the question, I'm not even comfortable wasting an offering for a carry because she would just get shit on by traps. Of course my EQ duelist with void heart can shit on content all day but that's another story.
Basically I think power creep is mostly to blame here. We've gotten to the point of kill things super fast or you'll die instantly to x, no real strategy to it other than run around Izaro in circles hoping you don't lag and get randomly one shot. Or stack frost walls and kill him in 2 seconds without having to deal with the mechanics mostly.
I enjoy the fast paced game play, but it has put a damper on a lot of builds that simply do not have the resources to keep up with the meta, not that I'm much of a theory crafter, but I do feel build diversity has been suffering quite a bit, even with the slew of new gems, passives, ascendancies, etc. I'll keep playing regardless because I love the shit out of this game, but I would be interested to see how the plan on fixing this.
The ppl asking for changes on lab should at least wait to 3.0 and a major major update before callin it quits! Come on folks hang in there a bit longer and keep ur voice being heard
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
The ppl asking for changes on lab should at least wait to 3.0 and a major major update before callin it quits! Come on folks hang in there a bit longer and keep ur voice being heard
Nope. Everyone who said they would leave needs to keep their word and leave, move on already.
I never said I would leave on 2.4 if no changes but I will on 3.0 or 3-6 months pass
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info