LAB - Give us hope or give us closure GGG

All three posters above me are wrong. I could easily list the reasons why, but i can't be bothered to, since I am tired of repeating the same things over and over again. Just replying to Emphasis since he seems to be the only reasonable one. A recent developer manifesto proves that GGG doesn't just stick to the schedule but can revisit things already done and improve them. It isn't logical to make a plan for a year or half a year and just stick with it ignoring problems that can arise.

Edit: goddamit someone else posted before this. Anyway I am too bored to quote. You know who I am referring to.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Aug 26, 2016, 12:28:17 PM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
All three posters above me are wrong. I could easily list the reasons why, but i can't be bothered to, since I am tired of repeating the same things over and over again. Just replying to Emphasis since he seems to be the only reasonable one. A recent developer manifesto proves that GGG doesn't just stick to the schedule but can revisit things already done and improve them. It isn't logical to make a plan for a year or half a year and just stick with it ignoring problems that can arise.

Edit: goddamit someone else posted before this. Anyway I am too bored to quote. You who I am referring to.

Yeah its fair easier to just say people are wrong then actually add anything of substance.

But I've learned to expect nothing of value from the holy trio of the lab haters.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Good. You should expect nothing else from me since i am not gonna respond to you anymore. You always miss the point and are more aggrevating than a certified troll, your post before this is a perfect example.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Aug 26, 2016, 12:31:04 PM
If Goetzjam was voted as the forum leader then I call for a recount.
"
Pyrokar wrote:

Edit: goddamit someone else posted before this. Anyway I am too bored to quote. You know who I am referring to.
You are so wrong it is not even worth any second of my life beyond the ones I'm using to write the words I'm posting now to explain why you are wrong.
"
Aerinx wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:

You are so wrong it is not even worth any second of my life beyond the ones I'm using to write the words I'm posting now to explain why you are wrong.

Now, that is pretty funny and I really liked it. Thanks for making me laugh.

Goetjzam take notes. That's how a trolly but very nice response looks like.

Well done!
Last edited by Pyrokar on Aug 27, 2016, 9:04:09 AM
I run the lab everyday and like it very much
"
mark1030 wrote:
I never played public games in D2 because of the ffa loot. I do play public games in poe because of permanent allocation. So while you may have reasoned arguments for why you think D2 was more fun for you doesn't mean it was more fun for everybody. Maybe the reason all public games here are PA isn't that it's easier. Maybe it's because more people have more fun killing monsters than fighting for loot.

You really think people choose "less fun" over "more fun" because of a button?

Are you kidding? I hope so. because EVERYONE will choose less fun/excitement over easier game play they are not used to or RIP in HC. (same reason we do not run stupid hard map mods, but at least then you get a rarity/quantity bonus)

So whatever, I see other peoples comments here and there is no way I could change your mind with a sentence or a paragraph, I myself didn't like the FFA looting in d2 at first so I do think I understand where you are coming from. After a few years though, I realized it was one of the most fun parts of the game - it added a whole dynamic layer of situations, and gave you a reason to find friends and form a 'gang' and even make some enemies. thinking fast, and positioning gave you an edge. You could play 'everyone for themselves' in public games, you could share with friends. (for example, your buddy gets a really valuable drop, so he holds off and lets you get the next few good items, etc) things had a way of balancing themselves, we actually had way of evening out RNG without someone having to gift you something.

What I have a real problem with, is not that many people dont like competitive looting, its that public games hardly exist at all now. (we were not expected to really like 'loot tension' anyway) PoE was made with that as part of the game in the image of D2 -but they just removed it and replaced it with nothing. We had a REAL community back then of players who thrived on it, about half the public games were hosted with FFA - or NO NINJA's etc. now? there are close to zero public games at all! (after the seasons 1/10th over its dead) I'm sure glad they gave us loot options to SAVE public games! FFS. Everything is PA loot and why dont people play with the public now? because its frustrating and boring and you get less loot overall compared to soloing so why bother.

at the very least - nobody can deny that loot options are a TOTAL failure. they should have just made the game PA looting only right then and there, SA looting now is only used by people who forget to set a looting preference, and FFA is only used by players who charge money for boss kills and the like. ZERO value to the game whatsoever. the whole idea of 'options' was a BIG FUCKING LIE by GGG to placate the players who supported competitive looting and loot tension as part of the game. 'now we can all play PoE with REAL ffa looting the way is was meant to be!' (right Chris?) we told you it would not work - we waited and went along with it and you sold us out. accept it.

I remember about four years ago the feedback forum was full of discussions and the only actual complaining was 'someone took my loot!'threads because of those timers and the loot had your name on it right up until you saw someone else pick it up. NO SHIT. at least with FFA loot, you know damn well if you dont get to it in time its not yours. its because of this stupid SA looting scheme that caused such a backlash that players demanded their own league with PA looting. what did GGG do? they gave you the whole game! players who liked competitive looting got nothing - I would have just left at that time and never turned back if not for the fact I already spent $1500 supporting the game and convinced all my old d2 buddies to come here.

These LAB and FFA topics are kind of similar to the extent that many players are complaining and want GGG to change something. but here is the difference: 'loot tension' fans wanted a difficult game dynamic that added excitement for some, loss for others, but easily overcome by making friends or playing solo. shared loot was a kind of bonding opportunity, it made you feel like you were really playing with other people - there was a whole category of 'body language' that came out of how others looted. did they share? were they greedy? where they fast or slow? you had reason to talk to others, ask them about items they got etc. We were arguing to KEEP loot tension because it truly added something to the game. but this LAB thing? it sure seems to me, that the bulk of the problem here is players bitching about traps that 'somehow' know how many HP you have and dish out the damage accordingly -IMO, its just a lame way to add difficulty without balancing anything. I dont like it for that reason and its hurting the HC community in MANY ways. (previously mentioned: hc players face 'extra' hc style situations while only having one life, it prevents overlevling to beat content, when you re-roll 4-5 times in a season we have to run it WAY more then SC players as well)

So considering all this, here is my suggestion for GGG: when you make a lab instance add a button that says 'traps do scaling damage to how much HP you have YES/NO?' let the players who like traps do them. its more fun after all right? Hardly anyone would choose the safer/less fun option... /s
Whew almost missed that /s.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Zee wrote:

So considering all this, here is my suggestion for GGG: when you make a lab instance add a button that says 'traps do scaling damage to how much HP you have YES/NO?' let the players who like traps do them. its more fun after all right? Hardly anyone would choose the safer/less fun option... /s

aka: This is why we can't have nice things in the game.

I think POE will end being killed by forum whining and reddit whining.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info