LAB - Give us hope or give us closure GGG

"
Prebornfetus wrote:
Would love some clarity from GGG telling us if they have plans to at least remove ascendancy points from lab in future or have no plans to change lab in any way for at least 6 months. This way I can officially quit instead of being retired along with the vocal minority. I dont want this to turn to a hate GGG post. They have made great strides into the ARPG market but they and we know the mistakes they made and are currently making. POE is at an all time low. But this lab hiding ascendancy is the biggest no-no of all time for POE. Give us hope or give us closure. We the vocal minority would appreciate it. THX GGG!

I absolutely agree --- if not hope or closure, then at least some response or information (even informally on reddit, a podcast, or something if they don't want to make an official statement on their own forums). Instead, they appear to avoid the subject like it's radioactive.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything happening with the lab in 2.4 (focused on endgame-developments) and 3.0 is a long way off...but that's all the more reason for GGG to give some further information now if they want to keep the players who will (or already have) quit over the lab.

"
innervation wrote:
They said maybe later.

Just curious in case missed something: when did GGG say "maybe later"? I don't know of any comments from GGG saying they might address this issue later.

"
Since their ability to make up their minds is entirely out of your control, perhaps you could try tempering your expectations.

Well, according to many posters on this forum --- who could well be right --- GGG has already made up their minds to simply ignore the "vocal minority" of lab-haters and will not make any changes. Of course, it's also entirely out of our control to make GGG tell us what they think on this issue (rather than trying to divine the meaning of their silence), but it's an entirely reasonable request that GGG provide more communication with their community (especially since they appear to pride themselves on their communication).
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
If I were GGG I'd respond in this thread, sticky it and lock every existing and new lab thread.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
If I were GGG I'd respond in this thread, sticky it and lock every existing and new lab thread.

Good plan!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
ShaUrley wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
They said maybe later.

Just curious in case missed something: when did GGG say "maybe later"? I don't know of any comments from GGG saying they might address this issue later.

State of Exile pod with Ziggy and Zeno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwi6U7MojDQ

the 'show more' has timestamps but idk exactly where it is
"
innervation wrote:
"
ShaUrley wrote:

State of Exile pod with Ziggy and Zeno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwi6U7MojDQ

the 'show more' has timestamps but idk exactly where it is

Yes, I'm very familiar with that podcast -- see 39:25+ where Chris explains that the lab would be entirely optional, like Atziri, if they hadn't put the ascendancy classes behind it. Any discussion of why GGG decided to do that is blindingly absent, and (AFAIK) there's no suggestion anywhere else in the podcast that they might address this issue later.

Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

You mean actually do something about something instead of just a sudden, surprise XP nerf?
It would be nice if I will ever play this game again :)
AT this point I would settle for a comment like "We cant say if the lab will change or not or if ascendancy will be removed from lab in the near future but we can say we have no current plans to make any changes to lab. This would be good enuf for me to quit and abandon this train wreck permanently.
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
AT this point I would settle for a comment like "We cant say if the lab will change or not or if ascendancy will be removed from lab in the near future but we can say we have no current plans to make any changes to lab. This would be good enuf for me to quit and abandon this train wreck permanently.
They said that in the podcast when they discussed Ascendancy points multiple podcasts ago, literally.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
They said that in the podcast when they discussed Ascendancy points multiple podcasts ago, literally.

Well I dont know when that was but a post now saying that here or somewhere I see it and im outta here faster than superman on crack cocaine.
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info