LAB - Give us hope or give us closure GGG

If traps get somehow implemented in Atlas, this could be considered as a sign of severe mental dysfunction.

I don't believe this will happen, sounds like a recipe for bankruptcy.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I think the concept of lab is great, but the implementation was a little poor. The biggest problem is that GGG didn't take much into consideration for players who have a sub-par internet or computer. The other problem is that labyrinth is a "hardcore-lite" in a game that is mostly played by softcore players. Check the prophecy stats GGG posted a while back, a very small percentage of players are on hardcore.

"
Percentage of overall player time spent in each league the last week

Standard - 20.54%
Hardcore - 0.73%
Prophecy - 65.63%
Prophecy Hardcore - 13.10%

I'm sure that if they did something to alleviate these problems in some degree, this would greatly improve peoples' opinions of the labyrinth overall.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Aug 15, 2016, 2:02:12 PM
I'm still waiting to hear if there's any news of the shitty dungeon having less of a presence with the new update here soon...
"
Xtorma wrote:
I would approve of an announcement. I wish they would just say....no changes to the way ascendancy is acquired, just so I could see how many of these people actually leave.

It would be a welcome change to move onto the next "I'm leaving if you don't change X" topic.

It's all been threatened before. Company is still here, still expanding workforce, still putting out content.

I love it (*cough, cough) when people with nothing on the line, income wise, come out and say stuff like that. I'd be willing to bet if your livelihood were one the line you'd likely do the same as GGG is doing...Chris has admitted in podcasts that the community is split 50/50 over the Lab, so to come out and take your advice could very likely nail the proverbial coffin shut. And as MisterER posted...

"
MisterER wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
If I were GGG I'd respond in this thread, sticky it and lock every existing and new lab thread.

They won't , because they won't remove the lab, and they know this kind of announcement would kill their game, they lost already a large amount of players, they can't afford more. Or acknowledge you can live with only a thousand milkers and ignore the rest like the way they are going since a while, which is even worst.
"
viciousnugget wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:
"
Rafein wrote:
Again, it's risk vs reward. The lab is time consuming, and more challenging, since you cannot rely on portalling out, or swarming to complete.

lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH2hpP5R8L8
Link to that build clearing a map?

Appears to be a build tailored to clearing the lab asap. For every player that can clear lab that fast there are many more that have to take their sweet time. I personally have a few characters that have cleared all labs, a few more that have cleared up to merc lab and a few more that can't even handle lab. Not all builds are created equally.

And that's precisely why the community is divided about the points being gated behind the lab. If it were a properly balanced system then a players skill should be able to carry them through it, please keep in mind, "their skill" includes knowing how to build and equip a character. But by your own admission, you have characters that can't handle it, as well as some that have cleared them all. So due to the latter, you obviously have the skill.
1) the only thing in the lab that can make a build incapable of completing it is Izaro - traps can be done by ANY and i repeat that - ANY character. people bringing traps as a limiting factor just need to L2P

2) lab is purposely tailored in a way to make people responsible for their characters. so they think and plan ahead knowing that no matter how CUTE and SWEET and UNIQUE their character is - there are certain tests it has to pass to progress. that are the game's rules. you do not set them, you play along or move on.
Izaro is one of them. and it is a fair thing - good flasks alone are pretty much what is needed to kill him. no need for 8EC juggs or other FOTM crap. you just have to know what is going on around you.
this creates an issue as people are not keen on the idea of 'being responsible for their decisions' and whine when their 'fantastic and unique' yet-another crit bow with 3.2k hp (because someone told them they HAVE TO cap crit chance) dies like a fruit fly.. Izaro mauling you time after time again is a clear sign to 'de-crapify' your build. game cannot be more clear with that message.

3) do not bring speed clearing into it. if you want to speed run the lab you make a speed running build. if you want to complete it - you can do it with any reasonable character. it is just test of your spatial awareness and non-zerging mentality (traps) and understanding of defences and mechanics (Izaro). people freak out over the time it takes non-speedrunners to clear the lab but at the same time are A-ok with melee having pretty much no chances vs uber atziri? or vs Vinktar's boss?

4) some chars like aurabots NEED to be carried. but they also never play alone so that is fair in my book. but ive cleared labs with pretty much any build archetype (And i do not use 'uber' gear, on the contrary in fact) and it is really a lot easier when one rolls flasks well, know what to fight and what to avoid and just plays balanced builds.
"
sidtherat wrote:
1) the only thing in the lab that can make a build incapable of completing it is Izaro - traps can be done by ANY and i repeat that - ANY character. people bringing traps as a limiting factor just need to L2P

2) lab is purposely tailored in a way to make people responsible for their characters. so they think and plan ahead knowing that no matter how CUTE and SWEET and UNIQUE their character is - there are certain tests it has to pass to progress. that are the game's rules. you do not set them, you play along or move on.
Izaro is one of them. and it is a fair thing - good flasks alone are pretty much what is needed to kill him. no need for 8EC juggs or other FOTM crap. you just have to know what is going on around you.
this creates an issue as people are not keen on the idea of 'being responsible for their decisions' and whine when their 'fantastic and unique' yet-another crit bow with 3.2k hp (because someone told them they HAVE TO cap crit chance) dies like a fruit fly.. Izaro mauling you time after time again is a clear sign to 'de-crapify' your build. game cannot be more clear with that message.

3) do not bring speed clearing into it. if you want to speed run the lab you make a speed running build. if you want to complete it - you can do it with any reasonable character. it is just test of your spatial awareness and non-zerging mentality (traps) and understanding of defences and mechanics (Izaro). people freak out over the time it takes non-speedrunners to clear the lab but at the same time are A-ok with melee having pretty much no chances vs uber atziri? or vs Vinktar's boss?

4) some chars like aurabots NEED to be carried. but they also never play alone so that is fair in my book. but ive cleared labs with pretty much any build archetype (And i do not use 'uber' gear, on the contrary in fact) and it is really a lot easier when one rolls flasks well, know what to fight and what to avoid and just plays balanced builds.

I agree. As usual when talking just about the game Sidtherat is right on. When it comes to understanding others though, Sidtherat is usually incorrect.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
RutRoh wrote:
Chris has admitted in podcasts that the community is split 50/50 over the Lab,

What ?
source ?
go ahead, surprise me ....
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
RutRoh wrote:

What ?
source ?
There is no source lmao, he literally said "vocal minority of players dislike it"

God the fucking desperation is hilarious.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
RutRoh wrote:

What ?
source ?
There is no source lmao, he literally said "vocal minority of players dislike it"

God the fucking desperation is hilarious.

Your continued use of insults and belittling of others, just shows your own desperation.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info