LAB - Give us hope or give us closure GGG

"
Xtorma wrote:
Just because you don't like the lab, does not mean GGG should not be proud of it. The more desperate you people become for recognition, the more pathetic and disrespectful your posts become.

You know GGG is aware of your crusade. They have already stated that at this time, they have no plans to remove asc from the lab, but are not particularly against it. When, or if they come up with a plan to change it , they will post it. Constant insults and threats are not going to change that fact.

We can poke fun of them all we want on these forums. They wont even see it anyways. We are hoping a staffer accidently clicks wrong link in his shortcuts and goes here sees the lab riots and takes a memo to Chris. You better be nice at reddit though. One hint of criticism and downvoted into oblivion.
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
Last edited by Prebornfetus on Aug 12, 2016, 1:33:36 AM
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
You better be nice at reddit though. One hint of criticism and downvoted into oblivion.

Funny, people hating the lab are soooo numerous they should easily be capable of upvoting eachothers on reddit ..... right ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
You better be nice at reddit though. One hint of criticism and downvoted into oblivion.

Funny, people hating the lab are soooo numerous they should easily be capable of upvoting eachothers on reddit ..... right ?
Best observation about the lab so far!
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
RockGod wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:
Just because you don't like the lab, does not mean GGG should not be proud of it. The more desperate you people become for recognition, the more pathetic and disrespectful your posts become.

You know GGG is aware of your crusade. They have already stated that at this time, they have no plans to remove asc from the lab, but are not particularly against it. When, or if they come up with a plan to change it , they will post it. Constant insults and threats are not going to change that fact.

Actually, I beg to differ.

Players had to whine and insult and make threats for months in order to get the Devs to implement Permanent Allocation for looting. They steadfastly refused to implement it for a long long time.

See, folks that actually care enough to come to their site and make posts show that they actually care about this.

The alternative is to just walk away while saying nothing, which hurts the game more, in my opinion.

About perma allocation, that's something ggg still probably wishes they never added, i'm pretty sure, they've stated it a few times. Also, loot allocation is a much, much bigger part of the game with much more influence over how you play the game in a party. The lab issue can't even compare.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
"
RockGod wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:

Actually, I beg to differ.

Players had to whine and insult and make threats for months in order to get the Devs to implement Permanent Allocation for looting. They steadfastly refused to implement it for a long long time.

See, folks that actually care enough to come to their site and make posts show that they actually care about this.

The alternative is to just walk away while saying nothing, which hurts the game more, in my opinion.

About perma allocation, that's something ggg still probably wishes they never added, i'm pretty sure, they've stated it a few times. Also, loot allocation is a much, much bigger part of the game with much more influence over how you play the game in a party. The lab issue can't even compare.
People barely even party anymore either, partying back then was more important than it is now. Partying now is boring because Perma allocation, anyone who plays in a party will tell you that. The fun that comes from partying no longer exists, because people dont want to have fun. Part of the fun of partying was sniping loot, it actually took skill. Now you have loot filters to show you what to pick up, but its not like it matters because people only party for map rotations now on perma allocation.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
If everybody thinks perm loot makes parying boring, why doesn't everybody use ffa or short alloc? If even a significant portion wanted that, there would be more than enough parties using that allocation. The fact that there aren't any shows that most people don't want to fight over loot.
"
mark1030 wrote:
If everybody thinks perm loot makes parying boring, why doesn't everybody use ffa or short alloc? If even a significant portion wanted that, there would be more than enough parties using that allocation. The fact that there aren't any shows that most people don't want to fight over loot.

thought it was only a hc thing tbh, chasing items ffa style would absolutely kill people so I figured that's why we don't use it?

that being said, maybe it's the buff melee needs. lol

When u party as summoner and u ask what auras they want and then you try to get spectres they want and they say they got bored and stopped waiting for u and already beat that map and other one. #Clearspeedmeta
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
"
mark1030 wrote:

it makes me so sad to read statements like this...

FFA looting was one of the most fun things about D2 party play, IMO this game hurt itself badly when they put that perm loot button in. It was even better with the forced short allocation loot, but that did have problems, I would agree, all those timers and names just caused people to argue and feel like they were robbed when they didn't get the item allocated for them.

NO KIDDING people are going to push the "EASY" button. Why would you make the game harder, put yourself at more risk, increase the need to pay close attention, or cause yourself to have to compete with your friends? and get the same loot or less then otherwise? No, its just easier to check that PA button for all situations.

Even my friends who came from D2 that all acknowledge that FFA looting made the game more fun, DONT FUCKING USE IT in PoE. why bother? the whole aspect of 'loot tension' was 'mild PVP' you could compete with strangers, while at the same time working together. it was just part of the game, it gave you a reason to make friends, it gave you a reason to be 'a gentleman' and share, it gave you a reason to play risky - to position yourself in danger, it even made soloing more fun because it was a welcome break from the competition sometimes.

The only thing that's worse is the fact that you don't need a party to begin with anyway, every advantage is to the solo player now with only a few rare exceptions that are quickly canceled out by the need to cooperate, coordinate, and wait while people are AFK/trading etc. I would also argue that mapping in groups (despite potentially being faster exp) are also more dangerous because of the corpse effects based on monster HP being higher and the faster pace causing you to get hit by them.

Here's an inadequate analogy, but it might help you understand where I'm coming from if you don't already:

What if HC leagues didn't exist, and instead, GGG put in a button that you could check that automatically deleted your character when you RIP the first time?

How many HC players would check that box? if there was no advantage, no differences otherwise? I'm betting almost none. I sure has hell would not...

Would we then conclude that HC players have all decided that SC is more fun? would we say that HC experience must have added nothing to the game? we would be dead wrong, and wrong in exactly the same way people see SA looting now.

IMO PoE IS actually a pretty damn good game despite all that - but it lost something big along the way, something that played a key role in what made D2 a legend, that 'friendly competitiveness' is just totally missing in PoE, and they never put in anything to replace it or balance what was lost. sorry /rant off.

so, enjoy that 48 hour solo only, online only race everyone! good luck.

I never played public games in D2 because of the ffa loot. I do play public games in poe because of permanent allocation. So while you may have reasoned arguments for why you think D2 was more fun for you doesn't mean it was more fun for everybody. Maybe the reason all public games here are PA isn't that it's easier. Maybe it's because more people have more fun killing monsters than fighting for loot.

You really think people choose "less fun" over "more fun" because of a button?
Last edited by mark1030 on Aug 12, 2016, 4:07:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info