LAB - Give us hope or give us closure GGG

What don't you understand in "they are proud of the lab as it is"
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
What don't you understand in "they are proud of the lab as it is"

That is not an inconsistent statement.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
My guess is GGG will try hard to keep lab as it is.

After having stopped playing a few weeks ago, I had time read a bit these forums and think about it.

My thoughts:

1)- Lab/trap gameplay is not a skill check for the worthy.

2)- Lab/trap gameplay is not something made/developed out of passion by couple individuals working in a basement

What I really believe lab is, aswell as to other game mechanics are: ECONOMY

If intention was nr 1), it would be solo only, no golden keys, levers, no wait till carrier does most of the job.... lab was specifically designed around carry services.
Well, there may be a vocal minority that dislikes such deviant content (actually I believe is a large majority), but sure there is actually a much smaller minority taking (big) advantages from it.

ECONOMY

Also, from what I've read, I saw a lot that very small WK minority speaking "git gud" and how good rewards are. The fun factor is a lot less spoken. Maybe because trap gameplay is more abnotious than fun?

GGG, being a company surelly has well defined plans. Guess they are fine favoring that smaller minority (some of them very vocal). No answer from them means to me that they will keep trying to mantain lab as it is, and only take a step back when actual numbers go as low as to force GGG to do something.

This is a feedback forum and this is mine. I give congrats to GGG to many thing in POE, but what concerns trap gameplay is that it is BAD as hell!
I'm not actually certain what the problem is from where I'm sitting. it's an interesting-if-only-mildly-challenging (until uber) side area with (optional) puzzles, (easily avoidable if you possess eyes) traps and a multiphase boss fight for great rewards and class specializations at the end.

Every game has lazy people who can't be assed to do things by themselves, be it buying raid carry services in an MMO or just buying something they could make themselves, and calling lab specifically carry-centric seems silly, since by that logic the whole game is--especially HC. you could just party up and follow the overpowered character from act 1 to endgame maps and collect the loot after slipping them a twenty.

If it's because of the narrower margin of error (can't die/DC or you restart), my reply is "Acquire Proficiency, Abrasive". If it's due to some other, wider problem unrelated to capability to play, please teach me.
"
AndIMustMask wrote:
I'm not actually certain what the problem is from where I'm sitting. it's an interesting-if-only-mildly-challenging (until uber) side area with (optional) puzzles, (easily avoidable if you possess eyes) traps and a multiphase boss fight for great rewards and class specializations at the end.

Every game has lazy people who can't be assed to do things by themselves, be it buying raid carry services in an MMO or just buying something they could make themselves, and calling lab specifically carry-centric seems silly, since by that logic the whole game is--especially HC. you could just party up and follow the overpowered character from act 1 to endgame maps and collect the loot after slipping them a twenty.

If it's because of the narrower margin of error (can't die/DC or you restart), my reply is "Acquire Proficiency, Abrasive". If it's due to some other, wider problem unrelated to capability to play, please teach me.

Are we talking about the same game?
The game with consecutive rooms filled with traps that one cannot see ahead?
As I said in another thread, I was able to tolerate traps until uber. Them POE stopped being a arpg game.
I stated the economy aspect of the Lab because is the only explanation I can find about its implementation.
You are right, someone can just follow some overpowered char the whole game. I wouldn't even call that gaming, such a waste of time. And I guess I could "git gud" at it - as I said before in another thread, I've played more than a bit "froggers" since my first spectrum quite a few decades ago :) I can also say I've never RIP in lab (norm to merc). I've ripped once in a uber trial, tho.
But you know something? If I want to play frogger, there are a lot of good froggers out there, not POE.
I like (liked) to spend hours and hours theorycrafting. Developing my builds.
Then GGG implements this trap gameplay. Good to hear you're ok with it. I don't.
"
Also, from what I've read, I saw a lot that very small WK minority speaking "git gud" and how good rewards are. The fun factor is a lot less spoken. Maybe because trap gameplay is more abnotious than fun?

Just so. Rarely is fun-factor an element in any argument defending the lab as it currently is, because that would be a losing argument. ;)

The thing is, if you aren't playing PoE to have fun, then why are you playing? To make a profit? Who cares about profit, if the base gameplay isn't intrinsically fun? All those profits become meaningless in that case.

Also, did you know that NYC garbage collectors get paid better than many skilled / technical job holders? More rewards will attract more people. It doesn't mean that collecting garbage is fun.
Wash your hands, Exile!
For me, even if one set of traps is not plenty of fun, having such obstacles fits the lab and it makes a lot of fun overall.
I would not do only that though.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
The thing is, if you aren't playing PoE to have fun, then why are you playing? To make a profit? Who cares about profit, if the base gameplay isn't intrinsically fun? All those profits become meaningless in that case.

A very small minority seems to care a lot about that profit.

"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Also, did you know that NYC garbage collectors get paid better than many skilled / technical job holders? More rewards will attract more people. It doesn't mean that collecting garbage is fun.

Seems to apply to some smelly situations.
"
Fruz wrote:
For me, even if one set of traps is not plenty of fun, having such obstacles fits the lab and it makes a lot of fun overall.

One trap isnt fun but lots of traps fits lab and is fun. Fruz Logic 2016
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

One trap isnt fun but lots of traps fits lab and is fun. Fruz Logic 2016

I kinda know already that some people would not get it at all when I said it, since you cannot seem to be able to think by youself ( or you must be blind, idk ), let me give you an example :

Turn by turn combat happening at completely random times in the old FF series.
Sometimes it could be pretty annoying, want to go somewhere ? but 5 or 10 pointless fights happen at the same time. Forgot something ? Well here you go again.

But it's part of what made the game awesome in the first place ( then you can get a piece ring or whatever, an item that is only worth because you had that mechanism ).

Now if you still don't get it .... well sucks to be you.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 8, 2016, 12:28:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info