Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
diablofdb wrote:
I just hope Act 5 will be full of Traps... Just traps over traps over traps. And then they add traps to act 1 to 4.

I think we ALL hope for it.

Maybe it would be a good time for a dev manifesto discussing that, don't you?

Come on, GGG. Manifesto, or no-balls. Give it to us straight. :)
"
goetzjam wrote:

Link me the recent comments that seems to indicate that its a "widespread issue or concern"

What I said is that comments such as the one you already saw here about players running the lab to get their "damn ascendancy points" suggest that GGG is aware of the issue.

I didn't say that GGG has made any statements about the popularity of the lab. They've maintain complete silence on that topic since soon after the lab was released (and GGG had responded to complaints about ES characters so they'd have an easier time in the lab to balance all their other disadvantages;)

"

Furthermore, all you can do is give your feedback, you can't convince people like me that the lab is bad anymore then I can convince you its good,

I don't expect to convince anyone of my opinion that putting the ascendancy points behind an entirely new gameplay type was a dreadful design decision (never explained by GGG) that is widely disliked by the PoE player base (and even more so by the many players who quit the game as a result).

"

so leave your feedback and move on until 3.0, which would be the soonest GGG would change the lab.

I'll continue to leave feedback on the lab whenever I feel like it until 3.0 comes out. GGG would surely like nothing better than to bury the topic. Probably after that I'll give up, since 3.0 is the only place in the foreseeable future where they could change things.

I understand you like the lab because you want the game to be challenging. I also want the game to be challenging (and as someone who prefers to play solo-self-found in the HC temp leagues, I'm not facerolling the game). My lab complaints aren't about that, they're about the type of gameplay it involves.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
ShaUrley wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Link me the recent comments that seems to indicate that its a "widespread issue or concern"

What I said is that comments such as the one you already saw here about players running the lab to get their "damn ascendancy points" suggest that GGG is aware of the issue.

I didn't say that GGG has made any statements about the popularity of the lab. They've maintain complete silence on that topic since soon after the lab was released (and GGG had responded to complaints about ES characters so they'd have an easier time in the lab to balance all their other disadvantages;)

"

Furthermore, all you can do is give your feedback, you can't convince people like me that the lab is bad anymore then I can convince you its good,

I don't expect to convince anyone of my opinion that putting the ascendancy points behind an entirely new gameplay type was a dreadful design decision (never explained by GGG) that is widely disliked by the PoE player base (and even more so by the many players who quit the game as a result).

"

so leave your feedback and move on until 3.0, which would be the soonest GGG would change the lab.

I'll continue to leave feedback on the lab whenever I feel like it until 3.0 comes out. GGG would surely like nothing better than to bury the topic. Probably after that I'll give up, since 3.0 is the only place in the foreseeable future where they could change things.

I understand you like the lab because you want the game to be challenging. I also want the game to be challenging (and as someone who prefers to play solo-self-found in the HC temp leagues, I'm not facerolling the game). My lab complaints aren't about that, they're about the type of gameplay it involves.

But the lab is intended to be different then regular gameplay so its harder to trivialize or different to farm. Its such a small amount of time to the rest of the game I'm somewhat doubfounded on how people can be so against it.

3.0 hopefully fixes the issues I have or at least attempts to make the game more fun for a player like me.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Or else?
"

Well they got asked about it a bit more after Perandus where they actually gave stats out, but they usually didn't found it to be too troubling that there is a part of the playerbase that dislikes it. And in the more recent times they weren't even asked, other issues essentially overshadowed the lab and I also assume a lot of people got used to it as well.

"

You would have to convince people first that there actually was a lot of player loss over the labyrinth. There is no indication that this is the case, some older players may have left, but the loss seemed to be overshadowed by the increased influx of players.

"

The thing is. If you are a dev and look at a complaint like that you are puzzled what you should do. The lab has a few traps and about the highest mobdensity you can get outside of maps. So if a Dev hears that people dislike the gameplay the logical conclusion is to reduce the amount of mobs and place a few more traps in there instead. Because right now traps are such a meaningless part of the labyrinth that it is hard to even make them out as one of the key elements of the lab. Trials have a shitton of traps, but the lab is essentially mobgrinding with a touch of trappiness.

"
I just hope Act 5 will be full of Traps... Just traps over traps over traps. And then they add traps to act 1 to 4.

I was always curious... why aren't there more environmental hazards in PoE. We have some very dangerous places. I really liked the meteorites in Kaoms area, although I would like them more if they would be more common and not spawn those annoying elementals. Having such things just areas that add certain dangers would be cool. I could totally see a snowy area that randomly spawn snowstorms which essentially gives you about zero sight, chills everyone and such things.
"
Emphasy wrote:
The thing is. If you are a dev and look at a complaint like that you are puzzled what you should do. The lab has a few traps and about the highest mobdensity you can get outside of maps. So if a Dev hears that people dislike the gameplay the logical conclusion is to reduce the amount of mobs and place a few more traps in there instead. Because right now traps are such a meaningless part of the labyrinth that it is hard to even make them out as one of the key elements of the lab. Trials have a shitton of traps, but the lab is essentially mobgrinding with a touch of trappiness.

The thing is, traps are far from the only thing people hate about the Labyrinth.

For me personally, traps aren't even the worst offender.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

The thing is, traps are far from the only thing people hate about the Labyrinth.

Labyrinth is a festering oozing sore on PoE. I've been playing Diablo 3 for the past couple days. The game play is extremely smooth and very polished. It doesn't have the depth of PoE but there is nothing to hate about D3.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Labyrinth is a festering oozing sore on PoE. I've been playing Diablo 3 for the past couple days. The game play is extremely smooth and very polished. It doesn't have the depth of PoE but there is nothing to hate about D3.

I quit D3 when there was still an AH. Might reinstall just for try/see/know
"
Turtledove wrote:

Except the lack of RPG depth itself?

Sure D3 is fun for a week tops. But doing the Lab 4x (actually 3x is more than enough) per char is still a small price to pay, to enjoy a proper ARPG like PoE.

"
I quit D3 when there was still an AH. Might reinstall just for try/see/know

Install Grim Dawn instead.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 14, 2017, 10:35:47 AM
You can make a character in D3 from level 1 in a new season to torment 10+ capable fast clear speeds in a day to 2 days tops with ease. I do it every season just to get the season only rewards.

By that comparison D3 is trash compared with POE.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info