SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
markness wrote:
^

That is cool man.. I hope they keep that motto and this ship sinks hard. I am done with this game. If I wanted to play a cat and mouse game I'd play binding of isaac, this game isn't meant to be a rogue-like as the controls are too shitty. Games are meant to be fun, not stressful.. if I want stress I'll just pick up more hours at work.. as for now, I am done. I am taking my money to pursue other hobbies like filling up my steam library/reading/getting an another job. This game was fun but this non-sense with the lab has got me to quit. Enjoy white knighting I'm done with this stupid game. GGG got the last of my money with the breachlord supporter pack, I am seriously done. POS lab can burn. I am never going to look back to this game until I hear that it is optional (and for fucks sake it isn't optional before you retards chime in and say it is, your character is extremely gimped without the ascendancy points).

You can't cope with 4 lab runs of which 3 are so easy you could do them blindfolded. So really it's 1 serious run through uber lab for 2 points, which no, do not gimp your build at all.

Honestly, how did you ever make it past Brutus on normal? Have you ever considered that it might be, you know, you?

Quit the game then, by all means please do, but just go quietly if you have nothing to say. Being destructive for the sake of being destructive is not appreciated, by anyone I'm sure.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
markness wrote:
^

That is cool man.. I hope they keep that motto and this ship sinks hard. I am done with this game. If I wanted to play a cat and mouse game I'd play binding of isaac, this game isn't meant to be a rogue-like as the controls are too shitty. Games are meant to be fun, not stressful.. if I want stress I'll just pick up more hours at work.. as for now, I am done. I am taking my money to pursue other hobbies like filling up my steam library/reading/getting an another job. This game was fun but this non-sense with the lab has got me to quit. Enjoy white knighting I'm done with this stupid game. GGG got the last of my money with the breachlord supporter pack, I am seriously done. POS lab can burn. I am never going to look back to this game until I hear that it is optional (and for fucks sake it isn't optional before you retards chime in and say it is, your character is extremely gimped without the ascendancy points).

Yes, when I first went into labyrinth there was so much to dislike that it actually took me a few months to realize that one of the worst things about labyrinth was the horrible controls. It was never about the difficulty. It was about it being boring, tedious, and frustrating. To put it plainly, it was just not fun in the least. A primary frustrating factor is the stupid controls. The classic example (IMHO) is a lever at the end of a cubicle, with a floor spike trap at the entrance of the cubicle and a saw blade trap running parallel to a wall outside the cubicle. I'm standing at the opening of the cubicle and click on the lever. At the same time the floor spike trap pops up and blocks my toon from the lever at the end of cubicle. My toon then runs on the outside of the cubicle wall along the path of the saw blade. It is ridiculous. If I wanted to play that crap I'd play a different game with better controls for that kind of game play.

Markness, I suggest that you check back to see what's in release 3.0. It will be a major release with major changes and they have to change the Ascendancy points anyway because there is talk about dropping a difficulty level. GGG will hopefully fix the problem there. I'm guessing that the 3.0 release will be around February maybe March?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
With 3.0 the Cruel Ascendancy points will be finally set free, as this thread is asking to. One of them will go to Normal Lab, the other to Merc Lab :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Yes, when I first went into labyrinth there was so much to dislike that it actually took me a few months to realize that one of the worst things about labyrinth was the horrible controls.

It took you a few months because I called you out on the BS you were spewing from your mouth, considering the fact you had only completed the normal lab once before you started to rant about the lab.

Which means the whole idea of you posting negatively about the lab started with ignorance that is clearly still the case today.

"
With 3.0 the Cruel Ascendancy points will be finally set free, as this thread is asking to. One of them will go to Normal Lab, the other to Merc Lab :P

If I had it my way it would be 2-2-4
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Jan 5, 2017, 12:12:25 AM
Don't really care anymore since I stopped playing the game for months. It became more a chore than a game for me so I decided to stop this toxic relationship. Lab addition greatly participated in this feeling but it wasn't the only issue that sucked the fun out of me. Don't have the time anymore to play anyway but I'm checking forums from time to time. This is some kind of nostalgia from the good old days...

Don't have the time to read all the posts that I missed so it might have already been suggested. What about spawning a tp (of course when Izaro is killed) near the ascendancy altar, that can be accessed by a player staying in the first lab room ?
Don't want to play the lab at all ? Just pay 5c or whatever the price is and wait few minutes for the carry to do it for you.

I don't really see any drawback but maybe I missed something. Could be a good compromise.

Sorry for my bad English.

A small advice before leaving: if it isn't fun anymore for you, just quit (after giving GGG your feedback if you care).
I can't for the life of me complete an Uber Lab. Just now, 2 runs back to back, I get a full clear with bonus keys with dual forge prophecy, drop izaro, the game hitches for 1 second and I die. Nothing more fucking infuriating than being cockblocked due to fucking lag that I can't control. I have ZERO issues killing him, it's the fucking lag that locks my screen immediately when izaro dies. This game's excessive over-the-top flashy inputs from animations and spells needs it's own damn slider in the menus to turn the hell off.

tl;dr I can't complete my build due to a redundant bottleneck "trial" that is completely unnecessary which is riddled with punishing aesthetics that prohibit the game from running smoothly.

Fuck the lab.
Thank you, MitchRT.
I hope turtle can add you to the list with the rest of us who prefer quality in design.
"
Thank you, MitchRT.
I hope turtle can add you to the list with the rest of us who prefer quality in design.

I will be more than happy to add MitchRT to the list if he ask me to. I did not add him and will not add him to the list though based on his post because it seemed his complaint was based on the Izaro battle. I do not typically add people complaining about that or the enchant mechanics to the account name list. I don't say that explicitly in the OP where the list is kept but I still follow that same rule as is followed for the thread list.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
It's not necessarily bad design, its more like that event in the olympics where they cross country ski then kill something with a gun and keep skiing.

Now imagine if they sold it as a cross country ski then in the middle hand you a gun , err what.

We played this game to play an ARG then in the middle they add this frogger shit. Worse you can't finish your character until you learn to shoot rabbits and like it.
Last edited by Zalhan2 on Jan 5, 2017, 12:29:16 AM
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
It's not necessarily bad design, its more like that event in the olympics where they cross country ski then kill something with a gun and keep skiing.

Now imagine if they sold it as a cross country ski then in the middle hand you a gun , err what.

We played this game to play an ARG then in the middle they add this frogger shit. Worse you can't finish your character until you learn to shoot rabbits and like it.

I like that analogy! Someone then goes to the cross country feedback forum and says, "I've been doing cross country skiing for 5 years and now I have to shoot rabbits! I don't like that. Can't we make the shooting rabbit part optional." Then they get attacked on the feedback forum for not wanting to shoot rabbits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info