SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Turtledove wrote:
Then they get attacked on the feedback forum for not wanting to shoot rabbits.

You're only complaining because you aren't able to hit the rabbits. Learn to shoot.

You rabbit-haters just want free rabbit meat -- I suppose you expect them to run up to you and flop down dead at your feet? Besides, you don't have to eat rabbits if you don't like them, or you can pay someone else to eat the rabbits if you're too bad at eating. It's no big deal anyway because it takes no time at all to swallow a rabbit. Only a few picky eaters like you keep on complaining about how bad they taste. ;)
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
Rabbits & skiing? I thought this thread was about frogs and Italian plumbers.

The padded walls of this thread are getting thicker every day...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 5, 2017, 3:45:35 AM
The Lab itself would be fun and fine but there's a few inherent problems:

1- You have to do it far too many times, especially if you fail, or make more heroes

2- Not all builds can reliably do it.

3- Rewards are underwhelming for all but the most difficult lab

4- The lab in general is far too long for how little it gives back loot wise

5- For how laggy, unreliable, and clunky the movement and dodge mechanics are, the traps , and heavy to fatal oneshots, will kill the player.

Fixes would include:

1. Removing golden chest rooms, and instead adding the chest to the room where the golden door is present

2. Making the ascendancy garnering lab a single go through with it balanced so most builds can pass it

3. Spacing traps a bit further apart for breathing room in between gauntlets

4. A way to ensure enchants are easier to gain for specific builds, either through the labyrinth or by relocating it completely.

^
2- not true ( if we consider only characters built correctly), if your build cannot handle it, you can ask for help.

3- not true

4- it is already very short for the best, shorten it even more and you will eventually double (or more) the efficiency of the best runners

5- that depends on your internet connection, and your computer I guess. We are at a point where the performances are definitely correct enough inside the lab to be able to run it properly, I have not had a lab instance crash for a long time personally .... (I am not running on a very top quality computer).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
sucemab wrote:
Don't really care anymore since I stopped playing the game for months. It became more a chore than a game for me so I decided to stop this toxic relationship. Lab addition greatly participated in this feeling but it wasn't the only issue that sucked the fun out of me. Don't have the time anymore to play anyway but I'm checking forums from time to time. This is some kind of nostalgia from the good old days...

Don't have the time to read all the posts that I missed so it might have already been suggested. What about spawning a tp (of course when Izaro is killed) near the ascendancy altar, that can be accessed by a player staying in the first lab room ?
Don't want to play the lab at all ? Just pay 5c or whatever the price is and wait few minutes for the carry to do it for you.

I don't really see any drawback but maybe I missed something. Could be a good compromise.

Sorry for my bad English.

A small advice before leaving: if it isn't fun anymore for you, just quit (after giving GGG your feedback if you care).

Thx for the input mate, the closer suggestion to what you mentioned is number 4 in the Labyrinth Rework Ideas spoiler. Ill put yours too as part of it.

"
MitchRT wrote:

Fuck the lab.

Amen brother

OP has been updated to include sucemab's idea as part of suggestion 4 in the Labyrinth Rework Ideas spoiler
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
My problem with the lab is the chore of running it out weighs the loot or the satisfaction of killing a hard boss.

Everytime I kill Atziri or recently the breachlords, even if there is no good loot drops I have the satisfaction of having a good battle, if I fail I dont mind retrying it.

Everytime I enter the Lab or Izaro's room, all I think about is if I die I have to slog through boring content. I have zero excitment killing Izaro even if I get good loot from the chest. All through the lab I just hope for no dc, no bullshit death, no lag. so it's never fun.

I hope one day GGG realises we play this game to slay monsters and not run endlessly for 10mins doing nothing.

Killing and dying to hordes of monsters is fun (Breaches) but no so fun when its traps and lag.
Last edited by asifx3me on Jan 5, 2017, 11:36:19 AM
"
asifx3me wrote:
My problem with the lab is the chore of running it out weighs the loot or the satisfaction of killing a hard boss.

Everytime I kill Atziri or recently the breachlords, even if there is no good loot drops I have the satisfaction of having a good battle, if I fail I dont mind retrying it.

Everytime I enter the Lab or Izaro's room, all I think about is if I die I have to slog through boring content. I have zero excitment killing Izaro even if I get good loot from the chest. All through the lab I just hope for no dc, no bullshit death, no lag. so it's never fun.

I hope one day GGG realises we play this game to slay monsters and not run endlessly for 10mins doing nothing.

Killing and dying to hordes of monsters is fun (Breaches) but no so fun when its traps and lag.

Thank you for posting your opinion on the not fun labyrinth. I've added you to the list Over 280 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 690 posters in support at 694 account names. There are some people running around that claim that only I and just a handful of people are real and you and most everyone else on the list are all alt accounts of the very few of us conspiring to deceive GGG that some people don't like labyrinth. Just to try and demonstrate how silly this conspiracy theory is you are a fairly typical person on the list with the following statistics in your profile.

Last Visited:
Jan 5, 2017

Total Forum Posts:
96 (0.07 posts per day)

They got really upset when I claimed that people like you are not an alt account. At the risk of enraging them further I will here and now claim again that you are not my alt account and am convinced that you are not the alt account of someone in such a conspiracy because believing that such a conspiracy exists is silly.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
There are some people running around that claim that only I and just a handful of people are real and you and most everyone else on the list are all alt accounts of the very few of us conspiring to deceive GGG that some people don't like labyrinth.

That's never been the claim, who woulda thunk that after explaining it 15+ times you still don't get it. xD

Just further spewing your false claims all over the forums.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
There are some people running around that claim that only I and just a handful of people are real and you and most everyone else on the list are all alt accounts of the very few of us conspiring to deceive GGG that some people don't like labyrinth.

That's never been the claim, who woulda thunk that after explaining it 15+ times you still don't get it. xD

Sorry if I didn't explain your conspiracy theory properly. I really don't know how to explain it better though? Perhaps like this? Since I cannot prove beyond any possible doubt that asifx3me is not an alt account then I cannot disprove the conspiracy theory that only a handful of people on the 694 account name list actually exist and that the other over 600 account names are not alt accounts of this small handful of people engaging in the conspiracy. Is that better?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:

Sorry if I didn't explain your conspiracy theory properly. I really don't know how to explain it better though? Perhaps like this? Since I cannot prove beyond any possible doubt that asifx3me is not an alt account then I cannot disprove the conspiracy theory that only a handful of people on the 694 account name list actually exist and that the other over 600 account names are not alt accounts of this small handful of people engaging in the conspiracy. Is that better?

Nope, just more rhetoric...
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info