Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
25,883 Path of Exile

steam stats, so anyone playing from steam, i know a lot of my friends use the standalone client, say 75% or so, so 100k players from rough maths and stats

700 threads/250 threads, 950 people

how many is duplicates from the same person? how many people actually post in those?

every thread represents a unique person, and everyone who hates lab has made one, that's 1% of the playerbase.

/thread

I have yet to see a single post ever anywhere (including ones whose content I agree with) in any forum which ends in "/thread" and doesn't make the poster look like a complete ass.

Maybe I'll see one one day. Nah, I doubt it.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Turtledove wrote:
Your misleading attempt at statistics imply that everyone that has not complained on this forum doesn't have a dislike of Labyrinth. Sorry but that is false which is proven by the steady addition of new people being added to the list.

There could be a reasonable amount of people that dislike it but not feel too strong about it. When I played Super Mario I totally hated swimming levels, still the original mario titles, exspecially Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World are likely among the best games ever made, but at least for their time.

If a player just plays on and doesn't post about it or does anything showing is dislike he or she either doesn't dislike the content or not to a degree that it impacts them negatively. In many situations disliking something might actually make you appriciate the rest even more. Again I had that with those annoying underwater levels, I was always happy to get out of them into drier areas.

"
It was easy to figure out during the previous launch. Just had to get into the cue a second before the league launch, record that number and compare it with the steam chart launch number.

It produces an accurate ratio.

There's your proof, son.

You are aware that at that time most europeans like went to bed. League start is usually 9 or 10pm here and when such issues come up I just went to bed. And even then my position was 10k, so that is a reasonable number, considering not everybody will be online exactly on launch and I cannot tell if there were people behind me. Also at this time a lot of people that didn't get a DC just played. My friend was playing while I was in queue, so unless we know how many people were actually on the server during the prophecy launch the only thing I can say is that the player number had to be over 10k, but I cannot tell how many people were behind me in the queue and I can also not say how many people did play in that time.
"
Emphasy wrote:

You are aware that at that time most europeans like went to bed. League start is usually 9 or 10pm here and when such issues come up I just went to bed. And even then my position was 10k, so that is a reasonable number, considering not everybody will be online exactly on launch and I cannot tell if there were people behind me. Also at this time a lot of people that didn't get a DC just played. My friend was playing while I was in queue, so unless we know how many people were actually on the server during the prophecy launch the only thing I can say is that the player number had to be over 10k, but I cannot tell how many people were behind me in the queue and I can also not say how many people did play in that time.

Of course I'm aware of that.

I was talking about the ratio, not the actual totals. I've watched the trend become closer between the steam and stand alone client since the steam launch. The steam client has predictably been steadily gaining ground as older players quit and newer players favor the steam client.

It's about 50/50 now between the two, so simply doubling the steam number can give a pretty good estimate of total concurrent players. It's pretty decent considering all of the performance and server issues PoE has.

To do the estimate, you need to jump into the cue just at the last possible couple seconds before launch to get right to the back of the line. It ain't rocket science. If I can figure it out, anyone else could too.

GGG knows the numbers, but won't ever say. They certainly won't admit that a massive number of those are bots.
I hope GGG will use the 3.0 update to fix this. They can keep the other rewards - the treasures and the enchantments - but the Ascendancies shouldn't be linked to something so unlike the rest of the game.
"
Erasculio wrote:
I hope GGG will use the 3.0 update to fix this. They can keep the other rewards - the treasures and the enchantments - but the Ascendancies shouldn't be linked to something so unlike the rest of the game.

Except it isn't unlike the rest of the game, GGG implemented some traps into maps because it is fitting for an ARPG game to deal with traps, even the new game Guardians of Ember have traps, D3 technically has traps, people just like to pretend like traps don't belong in ARPG, at least in PoE its a more focused effort.

If there was a more difficult challenge to put the points behind, go for it, but the usual answer I get from people like you is just put it behind malachai, LUL
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Erasculio wrote:

Another player with common sense intact.

Thank you for stating your thoughts, exile.

Be well
"
"
Erasculio wrote:

Another player with common sense intact.

Thank you for stating your thoughts, exile.

Be well

Again there isn't really a reason. Technically if you look at a game from an outside perspective, it consists of many parts.

If you base the game on old Maelstrom times, a lot is in the game now that isn't like the rest and one thing are ascendancies. So since ascendancies aren't like anything in the rest of the game (actually they are quite contrary to what seemed to be the idea behind the skilltree), why should they be guarded by something unlike the rest of the game.

When maps were introduced this was completly new gameplay and for once actually new in ARPGs alltogether, while traps are not such a new things. So the question would be, would it make any difference if GGG decided to put traps on the game beforehand?

Thing is for a long time they were unable to do that, Desync was terrible and they would likely wanted to do something but even if you look at the older boss encounters (exspecially oversoul) you see how forgiving they are because they had to be designed with desync in mind. PoE would have had traps already if they would have fixed the desync issues earlier. It would also very likely have more of those messy teamfights we have no with malachai etc. the old ones are very straight and often quite forgiving, they have a lot of safe spots and allow the player to get far enough out of range that a bit of desync won't matter.
"
Erasculio wrote:

I too hope that GGG fixes it in 3.0. The Labyrinth game play is significantly different and many agree with you. I've added you to the list now 704 account names.

Here's information from Erasculio's profile.

Last Visited:
Jan 15, 2017

Total Forum Posts:
126 (0.11 posts per day)

I also note that over 50% of the posts were made prior to release of the horrible Labyrinth. It seems pretty clear that these consideration makes the chance of Erasculio being my alt account or the alt account of a small handful of people that make up the list of 704 similar accounts to just be a silly paranoid conspiracy theory that has been completely debunked.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Emphasy wrote:
If you base the game on old Maelstrom times, a lot is in the game now that isn't like the rest and one thing are ascendancies. So since ascendancies aren't like anything in the rest of the game (actually they are quite contrary to what seemed to be the idea behind the skilltree), why should they be guarded by something unlike the rest of the game.

When maps were introduced this was completly new gameplay and for once actually new in ARPGs alltogether, while traps are not such a new things. So the question would be, would it make any difference if GGG decided to put traps on the game beforehand?

Thing is for a long time they were unable to do that, Desync was terrible and they would likely wanted to do something but even if you look at the older boss encounters (exspecially oversoul) you see how forgiving they are because they had to be designed with desync in mind. PoE would have had traps already if they would have fixed the desync issues earlier. It would also very likely have more of those messy teamfights we have no with malachai etc. the old ones are very straight and often quite forgiving, they have a lot of safe spots and allow the player to get far enough out of range that a bit of desync won't matter.

That's all reasonable enough. I do believe you are correct.

Different gameplay is not intrinsically bad. (And by different, I'm talking about more than just traps. The Labyrinth is extremely different in other ways, much more important ways, than the inclusion of traps.)

When different gameplay is so deeply despised, it's fairly natural for its critics to point to the fact that it is so different and claim that that is a weakness.

But that's one big, fat red herring. The Labyrinth sucks for its detractors because they do not find it fun. The fact that it is also different from what has come before is mere circumstance.

New content which introduces no radical changes and is also considered unfun would be equally bad, of course. Even moreso if it included significant rewards (the uberlab includes THREE, not to put too fine a point on it), making it that much more difficult to ignore.
Wash your hands, Exile!
No one cares about how many people you have in your list that dislike lab. GGG already said they intentionally released lab expecting a minority to dislike it. Cherry picking supporters is not going to support your cause. You think anyone cares if less than 1000 vocal players dislike lab or not, alt or not. No. Especially not when player retention is higher....

I already made it known you are going to need at least 20k supporters. At the rate you been going since the release of lab this is never going to happen.

Just be happy you get to do lab 1 less time when 3.0 comes. Thats the only change you will see.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info