No incentive levelling past 90 in standard

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:38:39 PM
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
From my experience to get to lvl 100 works only self motivation. Its like I gave to myself commitment "I will make it to highest lvl" somewhere when I started to play PoE. PoE has no motivation for you to reach 100 lvl goal.

Phrases like "you can make whatever build you want" or "PoE is full of diversibility" has only limited validity. I had to give up on them as are not valid for lvling. I gave up on romantic fiction that I will play self found items or that I will operate only with items or currency what I find.

I wanted to get to lvl 100 with staff and hp based witch but on lvl 98 I had to give up on that as well.. on commitments I fabricated.

When I died 5th time on lvl 98 I just had to change to ES and took shield with dagger. There was no other way. From that time I died twice and could be less if PoE would be stable like it was before Prophecy patch.

From lvl 90-100 there is nothing else than farming xp and trading. You will not find any item that would make your build better. You have to trade 95% of your gear.

With trade you helping not only yourself but other players too. Trading is what comes to game heavily if you want go to lvl 100.

When I am writing about it I think game has 3 stages. First one is going through campaign. Second one when you finish campaign and starting to do maps. And 3rd around lvl 90 when you realize that xp are not "free" anymore and xp is only thing that really counts, therefore 3rd stage is like "I wont die anymore".

Disagree about trading, its not help to everyone its just forced by GGG feature as drop mechanic just sux, also i think its not 95% trade gear but all 100% (at least to me, i never get any good/decent gear from drop), and you forgot lagfest called rotation as its very bad and only way to reach 100 by humans.

Everything else, special about "you can make whatever build you want" or "PoE is full of diversibility" im fully agreed with you and thank you for pointed that truth out. PoE (sadly) has no real diversibility at all, as some build just absurdly SUPERIOR and insane more effective then other (i mean by 1000% or more). Even start position has BIG great importance.

Skill gems also has no balance at all and GGG just find lame excuse to not fix it, so only new gems and no real bakance will wait us in next leagues.

Well.. once I red on forum something like: "Chris said trading is big part of game..". I have started to think about that and how is possible that some players has so great items. I was thinking about it a lot and asked players what they need or wish to have, show me builds, how they obtained such nice items (and some players have crazy gear..) and researched market how is flexible along with few experiments (few days) and after I have created some business strategy to start with. From 3ex and other currency I earned 106 ex in 6 days along with playing (leveling) and selling drop or used some recipes. I was playing and trading 12 hours per day to find out how it works. Trading is big part of PoE and without it I was not taking full experience of what game is offering. When I look back I think I was chatting with hundreds of players and along with trading it took almost half time spent in game of few last levels. It was time consuming and sometimes exhausting but I learned well about behavior of market, players and myself as well..

...I was trying to level up by rotations but its very expensive, time consuming, hard to organize.. I was trying on lvl 92 few times but it was not for me. Therefore I have played mostly solo or in two if somebody was interested, I was actively asking people with whom I was trading with if they want to join for maps. For leveling I have chosen map that was for my build most xp rewarding and fun but I had to suite my build to it. Without Vinktar flask, Eye of Chayula, Dream Fragmenst and 10.9k es I wouldnt make it or I would have to change map to play. Lvl 98-99 12.5mil xp per hour. 99-100 10mil xp per hour.

And about gems.. Gems has own limitations as you suggest in your own way.. But in my experience with Witch and Archer more important is gear it takes bonuses from. Nevertheless some gems are only for fun and not to go with them to lvl 100.
Didn't even understand this shit ^
IGN:Flickfrap
Last edited by LoPan on Jul 12, 2016, 7:31:28 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
Kechop wrote:
"No incentive levelling past 90 in Path of Exile"

fixed it for you.

Good then you can be happy with your finished level 90 toons since you don't gain anything past it.

your point is ? cause i dont quite get it , there is no difference between temp leagues and standart leagues besides the added new "bonus" gibsmedats and league only uniques or gameplay.

so how is lvl90 in standart different to lvl 90 in proph ?

makes you really thinkg huuuuhmmm ...
"
LoPan wrote:
Didn't even understand this shit ^

Hahahaha! Yeah, seriously.

At any rate, all I understood 100% was "6 days... 12 hours per day", then saw the level 100 listed in his profile. Translation: with no life, it's easy to reach 100 and make 100ex in 6 days.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Boem wrote:
"

You don't know what the word incentive means.

You for real?

Peace,

-Boem-

Yes.

"
cipher_nemo wrote:

Incentive: "a thing that motivates or encourages one to do something." I get plenty of motivation after level 90. Perhaps you don't understand what you said?

Yes, an incentive is a thing that motivates or encourages one to do something. I suppose that technically your self-imposed and arbitrary delusions about reasons to play could be viewed as incentives (by you, and only you--as each persons 'incentives' in this meaning will be different), but it seems pretty sloppy to use the word this way. Instead, I offer a clearer understanding of the word as such.

Playing standard is simply playing the game at its most basic and simple form. It seems reasonable that the most basic 'incentive' of ANY game is to play and complete all of its content. In other words, after you've completed Act 4 Merciless, you've arguably completed the game (of course there are plenty of unique maps and such to do as well). Either way, after you've done all of this, you've literally finished the initial incentive to play.

Now, you two seem to be conflating incentives and self-imposed goals. Leveling isn't an incentive, it is an intrinsic consequence of playing the game. As such, playing the game beyond the aforementioned completion of the game is purely motivated by your own arbitrarily created goals which you believe to be incentives, but alas, they are not.

However, in leagues where there are rewards, achievements, and new content (i.e. incentives)-- your reason for continued playing doesn't have to come from self-imposed and arbitrary goals. Pretty simple to understand really.

TLDR; standard has no 'incentives' to play it (beyond the first and only play through of the game). Leagues offer actual incentives to keep playing.

"Leagues offer actual incentives to keep playing."

such as ?
wow me 5link proph me 6link proph me guaranteed skyforth.

thats what this league has been now so its kind of a weaksauce point.
"
Kechop wrote:

such as ?

The number next to my name and all the rewards that come with it?

I mean come on, need I say more?
Last edited by SpanishMonarch on Jul 12, 2016, 7:49:29 PM
"
"
Kechop wrote:

such as ?

The number next to my name and all the rewards that come with it?

a monkey and epeen ?
but thats not gamechanging so same as standart ,im out since youve nothing to offer to counter my point that prophecy is the same as standart besides more candy for kiddos.

not everyone on this site is a mammal.
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
92-93 it starts kicking in to where its noticeable. I usually stop then. is actually a total waste of time and always was even before exp nerfs to go past there!

Then they introduced 4 new "tiers" of maps going up to lvl 82 so the avergae joe figured maybe it might be possible to reach 95 now without going full nolife. But then came drop rate nerfs, technical problems, now an XP nerf and we are back at square one. Lvl 82 maps now give the same XP as 78s used to back in the day, but are much more dangerous in the mods they roll.

Actually they give less xp (equivalent of level 77.32). Tier 15 *bosses* give nearly as much as a level 78 map used to, but overall, the nerfhammer was swung pretty hard.

Don't get me wrong, the power floor has been pulled upwards by Ascendancy quite significantly, but let's say you had to grind 100 maps to gain a level in 1.3 - that probably dropped as low as say 50 maps for the same xp inbetween, but you now have to grind 110 maps for the same xp you got for those 100 in 1.3. Fine with that for 95+ but think the approach was poor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info