No incentive levelling past 90 in standard

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
There is no incentive to level in standard, period. lol

Incentive for you? I guess you just answered that: no.

Incentive for others? Of course, otherwise no one would be doing it. Yet many are. Your logic just crashed.

You don't know what the word incentive means.
From my experience to get to lvl 100 works only self motivation. Its like I gave to myself commitment "I will make it to highest lvl" somewhere when I started to play PoE. PoE has no motivation for you to reach 100 lvl goal.

Phrases like "you can make whatever build you want" or "PoE is full of diversibility" has only limited validity. I had to give up on them as are not valid for lvling. I gave up on romantic fiction that I will play self found items or that I will operate only with items or currency what I find.

I wanted to get to lvl 100 with staff and hp based witch but on lvl 98 I had to give up on that as well.. on commitments I fabricated.

When I died 5th time on lvl 98 I just had to change to ES and took shield with dagger. There was no other way. From that time I died twice and could be less if PoE would be stable like it was before Prophecy patch.

From lvl 90-100 there is nothing else than farming xp and trading. You will not find any item that would make your build better. You have to trade 95% of your gear.

With trade you helping not only yourself but other players too. Trading is what comes to game heavily if you want go to lvl 100.

When I am writing about it I think game has 3 stages. First one is going through campaign. Second one when you finish campaign and starting to do maps. And 3rd around lvl 90 when you realize that xp are not "free" anymore and xp is only thing that really counts, therefore 3rd stage is like "I wont die anymore".
Last edited by Rexeos on Jul 12, 2016, 11:47:27 AM
"
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"

Incentive for others? Of course, otherwise no one would be doing it. Yet many are. Your logic just crashed.

Incentive: "a thing that motivates or encourages one to do something." I get plenty of motivation after level 90. Perhaps you don't understand what you said?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
90? Hell, the game effectively ends for me around level 65-70. At that point the EXP curve gets so steep that I no longer feel like I'm making progress.

In the late 60s I could level multiple times a day still. In the 70s I could level at least once a day. And I play casually.

Heck, I hit level 60 at the end of Cruel difficulty, and in the 70s at the end of Merciless.

I'm not sure where you pulled those numbers from?

In the 80s is where leveling becomes exponentially slower because we run out of freely available content and switch to maps exclusively to earn decent XP.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I have to disagree slightly. Leveling 80-90 is still easy. IMHO around 94 is when the motivation and currency investment in maps for leveling becomes a boring, (and costly) chore.
IGN:Flickfrap
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
90? Hell, the game effectively ends for me around level 65-70. At that point the EXP curve gets so steep that I no longer feel like I'm making progress.

In the late 60s I could level multiple times a day still. In the 70s I could level at least once a day. And I play casually.

Heck, I hit level 60 at the end of Cruel difficulty, and in the 70s at the end of Merciless.

I'm not sure where you pulled those numbers from?

In the 80s is where leveling becomes exponentially slower because we run out of freely available content and switch to maps exclusively to earn decent XP.

I tend to go through the game without lingering in one area for long. I usually just kind of organically level up enough to handle everything in my path. But I'm realizing that that changes in merciless, because I find the level gap between me and the content grows rapidly. So either A) I spawn-rush the rest of the game, get aggravated and quit, or B) Grind a plentiful-yet-boring zone like Old Fields or Dried Lake until I catch up, get bored and quit. Simply put: I have no idea how you're getting to 70 before finishing Merciless unless you're backtracking to level more, because running through at a natural pace results in the game outleveling me rapidly.
This is a buff™
"
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"

You for real?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

You for real?

Peace,

-Boem-

Still w the same sig for like 3 years now. Gotta respect that dedication boam.
IGN:Flickfrap
"
Rexeos wrote:
From my experience to get to lvl 100 works only self motivation. Its like I gave to myself commitment "I will make it to highest lvl" somewhere when I started to play PoE. PoE has no motivation for you to reach 100 lvl goal.

Phrases like "you can make whatever build you want" or "PoE is full of diversibility" has only limited validity. I had to give up on them as are not valid for lvling. I gave up on romantic fiction that I will play self found items or that I will operate only with items or currency what I find.

I wanted to get to lvl 100 with staff and hp based witch but on lvl 98 I had to give up on that as well.. on commitments I fabricated.

When I died 5th time on lvl 98 I just had to change to ES and took shield with dagger. There was no other way. From that time I died twice and could be less if PoE would be stable like it was before Prophecy patch.

From lvl 90-100 there is nothing else than farming xp and trading. You will not find any item that would make your build better. You have to trade 95% of your gear.

Disagree about trading, its not help to everyone its just forced by GGG feature as drop mechanic just sux, also i think its not 95% trade gear but all 100% (at least to me, i never get any good/decent gear from drop), and you forgot lagfest called rotation as its very bad and only way to reach 100 by humans.

Everything else, special about "you can make whatever build you want" or "PoE is full of diversibility" im fully agreed with you and thank you for pointed that truth out. PoE (sadly) has no real diversibility at all, as some build just absurdly SUPERIOR and insane more effective then other (i mean by 1000% or more). Even start position has BIG great importance.

Skill gems also has no balance at all and GGG just find lame excuse to not fix it, so only new gems and no real bakance will wait us in next leagues.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"No incentive levelling past 90 in Path of Exile"

fixed it for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info