No incentive levelling past 90 in standard

There is no incentive to level in standard, period. lol
Then dont. Does anyone force you to play this game at all? Play what you want how you want.

If hitting lvl100 was as easy as hitting lvl90 is now, you would get there and say hey, theres no incentive to play when you hit lvl100. The answer would be to raise the level cap, which is exactly the same thing as you getting to 90 and then there being 10 more levels to the lvl100 cap.

Theres no incentive to keep going past 90, the few passive points dont mean that much? Yep, people saying that, yes, you are correct. The reason for this is because if they made hitting 100 actually give you a ton more stuff than lvl90 then everyone would, maybe rightly, expect to be able to get to lvl100, they would feel it was required. If you understand the first paragraph youll see that 90 to 100 is something thats only there for those who want to keep going past what it takes to currently get to 90. GGG dont want to incentivise it because it only exists for those who care about first to lvl100 racing or no life grinding for 10+ hours every day. They dont want the game to require you to do that or make you feel required to be that sort of person. So its intentional that it doesnt have a meaningful reward.

They can only hold our hands so much though, some people want to grind for a lot longer than most people, they need that extra 10 endless levels of nothing to have their fun. Everyone else needs to manage their perceptions of the game, get their heads around the fact thats what those last 10 levels are about and live with it. Stop being short sighted, selfish, unrealistic, appreciate that theres some things in this game that are not for you. Thats why they dont have a big reward for 90-100, because theyre doing everything they can to not hurt your gigantic sense of entitlement while giving other human beings that also exist in this world a chance to have what they want too.

If they make a game where hitting max lvl takes exactly the amount of time you want, and then they add a few more levels on the end for people who want more then you dont lose anything, you still get what you had before. If they make a game where max lvl suits those people and then remove lvls to make max lvl suit you, then those people do lose something, that fucks the game up for them. If you understand this then you understand how selfish it is to demand max lvl is reduced to suit you if you are not one of the most dedicated time burners in the entire game.

"
panmisiek123 wrote:

For me to level up i need to be extremely picky with map mods. Also skipping some bosses and not doing labs at all.

You need to build a better character if you want to do harder content. It really is as simple as that.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

"
panmisiek123 wrote:

For me to level up i need to be extremely picky with map mods. Also skipping some bosses and not doing labs at all.

You need to build a better character if you want to do harder content. It really is as simple as that.

You need to not be casual or self found to do harder content. Thats fact. GGG doesnt cater nor respect non trading players.
I wouldn't mind seeing the XP penalty go away. It is a seriously terrible game mechanic that should have died with the rest of the 1990's.
Maybe scale the penalty loss?
"
Axahazul wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing the XP penalty go away. It is a seriously terrible game mechanic that should have died with the rest of the 1990's.

So people can die over and over and still lvl up? How stupid would that be?
"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

"
panmisiek123 wrote:

You need to not be casual or self found to do harder content. Thats fact. GGG doesnt cater nor respect non trading players.

The problem is they make decisions based off streamer progress. I was listening to a podcast and someone mentioned they been up for over 24 hours playing. That is insane but I have heard it before with other games. The issue is most people probably play somewhere between 1-3 hours a night. They have to be balanced around.

Another issue is this game isn't built like Grim Dawn or Diablo 3 where you use multiple skills at the same time. It's a D2 design where you use at most 2 skills for fighting. Mostly just one spammable skill to destroy mobs. This leads to having alts because most people will get bored of that character after awhile. I have plenty of alts and enjoy jumping on each over the course of a few days break between them. If I was forced on one character the entire time I wouldn't play the game period.
"
There is no incentive to level in standard, period. lol

Incentive for you? I guess you just answered that: no.

Incentive for others? Of course, otherwise no one would be doing it. Yet many are. Your logic just crashed.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Axahazul wrote:

Or un-nerf exp back as it was before 2.3
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info