No incentive levelling past 90 in standard

HC just means you have good internet connection and havnt given up in realm everyone knows that technology kills them eventually.

Some ppl have a job besides living in moms basement an bragging about 100s or whatever.
Git R Dun!
90? Hell, the game effectively ends for me around level 65-70. At that point the EXP curve gets so steep that I no longer feel like I'm making progress. It feels the same as the home stretch in most other games, but then I realize I still have 30+ levels to go and I ain't got time for that shit. Early on levels are exciting because you get lots of little stat boosts and build enabling keystones all the time. But then levels get few and far between, but the rewards per level remain small. It ends up in a "why even bother" mentality because the value of a single level vs effort required is terrible.

Honestly, the harshness of the curve is what kills me. You basically cruise at warp speed up to the mid 50s, then it screeches to a halt while you slog through the last agonizing steps of Merciless, constantly set back by deaths because the game is outscaling you. That is assuming you even fucking bother with Act 4 beyond farming the lake.

Of course it all comes down to the fact that PoE has no endgame, so instead GGG pulled the ultimate lazy design move and gated off a bunch of levels and called it the endgame. And we're supposed to thank them for the privilege. Ha.
This is a buff™
ok 65 - 70 is waay too low. seriously
The game is in constant development, and the "100" cap is just a cap set for the sake of a cap. There's no content in this game that can't be beat at level 90. Hell, even at level 85 - if you follow FoTM builds.

The game isn't really designed for reaching 100 - yet. It never has. But GGG offers the possibility - if you're up for the grind. If you're not, then that's totally ok. There are no incentives for reaching 100, because the game ends at around 90.

Now, map XP, Red maps vs. Yellow maps are different issues, and needs adjustments. But reaching 100 is just a personal goal, not designed or encouraged by the developers. So if you aim for 100, you need to be ok with that.

Hell, are there even achievements for reaching 100? If yes, my bad. If no, there you go.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
The game is in constant development, and the "100" cap is just a cap set for the sake of a cap. There's no content in this game that can't be beat at level 90. Hell, even at level 85 - if you follow FoTM builds.

The game isn't really designed for reaching 100 - yet. It never has. But GGG offers the possibility - if you're up for the grind. If you're not, then that's totally ok. There are no incentives for reaching 100, because the game ends at around 90.

Now, map XP, Red maps vs. Yellow maps are different issues, and needs adjustments. But reaching 100 is just a personal goal, not designed or encouraged by the developers. So if you aim for 100, you need to be ok with that.

Hell, are there even achievements for reaching 100? If yes, my bad. If no, there you go.

Pretty much this.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:38:21 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:38:30 PM
"
rickpollock wrote:
What I'd like to hear is what GGG intended for players to do once they hit that soft level cap?

This is actually how you define "soft cap". If they intended for you to go higher, it wouldn't be a soft cap. We wouldn't even be talking "cap". Is level 20 a cap? No... because it's clear that they intend for us to go further. The cap in PoE varies by player, and by character. That's why it's called "soft".
"
panmisiek123 wrote:
Its pure lack of incentive.

If this is truly the issue, then what kind of incentive do you want? GGG can't do anything if you don't give them some concrete suggestions.
70 isnt really to *low* because most of the time you dont feel as if your getting better at all at least to me

Getting better gear then your lvl 40 gear that was great 40 lvls ago is really hard

Most of the time when you do get an upgrade it has 1 less good stat so REALLY its not even in upgrade since your just replacing one stat with higher stats if anything its the same as the item your using but looks like an upgrade

20 passive points isnt really that big to me either

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info