No incentive levelling past 90 in standard

"
panmisiek123 wrote:
What would you like to choose, current leveling system where you lose exp on death or instead not losing exp but need 10x more exp for level. I take second option.

And I'll take the first, thank you very much. XP is already slow enough as it is, and making it 10x slower would demotivate me to the point where I might just quit the game. XP loss on death is an excellent motivator to learn to play the game better. None of that "let me throw myself at this boss umpteen million times until it finally dies" nonsense for me thanks.
I've said it a load of times:

The simple answer is to make the exp penalty less harsh - it doesn't have to be gone,
just that, and I think most people will still be on for 100

Making 100 as hard as it is now, is literally reducing player incentive and the amount of people playing.

Even if 90 is a soft cap for most, you need the 'dream' of 'maybe' reaching 100

'Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind, to life unkind.'
- The Rolling Stones.

Give the players the dream of 100 again, and we'll all be happy.

Turnip
Last edited by Turniphead2 on Jul 7, 2016, 12:37:14 PM
Wait, noone said learn to play in this very, very useful thread?!

Ok, then : l2p!
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

I really wonder how many people actually care about getting to 100?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Then don't level past 90.
GGG gives me Diablo 2 Teleport? I give them 50 bucks. No questions asked.
C A N T B E A S S E D
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Ah... 100. For some with a swift stride and wide renown it's a cakewalk - while for others like myself it was a distant Mirage in a scorching desert. The RIPz at levels 98 and 99 were my painful awakenings to vultures pecking at my flesh. I'd swat at them; shoo them off, but they never strayed far.

My eye's burned from sand and sun. 'This all looks familiar - I'm going around in circles' I'd murmur repeatedly, subconsciously contemplating my sanity for ever embarking on this journey... but upon witnessing the horizon - the Mirage seeming closer than ever - my determination hardened and my steps came with renewed vigor. "That is the fabled Oasis and I will make it there."

The journey went on for months as the only safe time to travel by foot was between sun and moon for 3 hours. I better learned to survive the blistered landscape (much to the vultures disgust), and I was now navigating the sands and it's perils will practiced precision. "It's so close now," I'd say after each trek, studying the Mirage on the horizon with excited imaginings. 'What will I find there?' I imagined leading my people - The Karui - to this land of plenty where they'd prosper and need for nothing. They'd sing songs in my honor laden with exotic women and exaggerated conquests. A pleasing possibility.

On one such trek I came upon an opening in the earth - a natural cavity... nay a cave I noticed when I called my Fire to light the surrounds. The chamber offered a plethora of natural passageways to tread; they were all similar in size - just larger than I - and tubular which struck me as odd for a natural hollow. With no tunnel appearing worthy of walking and a goal in mind on the surface I moved to exit the cave. I wasn't far away when I felt their presence. The ground under my feet shook violently before erupting upward in a shower of sand and rock. I barely warped away in time as the creature snapped at me with vicious jaws. Coming out of the warp I took the mighty creatures appearance in. It was worm-like in a terrifying way with the jaws a shark and the eyes of a spider. It also sported six or so appendages that untucked from its body and waved menacingly, almost hypnotically. The creature had another surprise. With little warning the creature spewed forth a ball of fire - it coming fast at me.

"Come to me Flame!" I cast my Flame Totem between the advancing ball of fire and myself. It accepted the creatures fire eagerly and offered back some of its own molten magic. "Scrraaaggghhhhhhh!!!" the monster wailed as the totems flames ate at its flesh. The creatures wail put a grim smile on my face. The ground shook even more violently than before as two more of the creatures appeared either side of my totem and began beating it with club like limbs. "Come to me Fl...." I started but then had to warp away instead as the ground behind me exploded in upheaval - the sand and rock stinging my back. My flame totem was in ruins by now and the earth was still violently shifting beneath me. 'How many of these creatures are coming' I thought panicked. I didn't have time for further contemplation though as more worm-like creatures arrived while others took aim at me with fast flying molten missiles. And so the pursuit began. With me warping away repeatedly, looking for a sanctuary from the subterranean horde.

It was nearing the time of the moon - a time too dangerous to travel - but I had no choice. The worm-like creatures would not abandon their pursuit. They clearly were not stupid creatures. They worked as a unit and knew the land. They had twice managed to herd me toward impassable canyon walls and trap me - I was forced to fight my way out but had not escaped injury. My shield arm was broken from a clubbing blow in the second trap but as if Kaom himself were aiding me, the blow had miraculously knocked me out of the way of an incoming fireball. It connected squarely with another creature, burning through flesh and bone and leaving nothing more than a charred protrusion jutting from the earth. My energy was sapped though; time was running out. In the moonlight the land seemed just as monotonous as it did by day. Same dunes. Same cliffs. Same sand. Same Mirage. Same... "What!" I gasped in surprise, stopping at the sight and almost getting hit by a burning barrage from behind. I'd never seen a Mirage under the dark and light of moonshine - this meant something profound. 'Have I made it? Is this the Oasis I've sought for so long?' More burning projectiles whistled past me and the ground shook violently. The Mirage was close but the pursuers closer and each warp was becoming a struggle. 'Will I make it?' seemed a more fitting thought for me at this moment...

AAAAAAAND I have to go to work now. To be continued.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
"
Hunwulf wrote:
Wait, noone said learn to play in this very, very useful thread?!

Ok, then : l2p!

you have only one char to 90, maybe you should l2p ?
np
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 11, 2016, 12:53:11 AM
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
I've said it a load of times:

The simple answer is to make the exp penalty less harsh - it doesn't have to be gone,
just that, and I think most people will still be on for 100

Making 100 as hard as it is now, is literally reducing player incentive and the amount of people playing.

Even if 90 is a soft cap for most, you need the 'dream' of 'maybe' reaching 100

'Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind, to life unkind.'
- The Rolling Stones.

Give the players the dream of 100 again, and we'll all be happy.

Turnip
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info