experience penalty for re-running the same map types

"
Rayzabladez wrote:

This whole idea is stupid.

The experience penalty is stupid.

I mean, who gives a flying frack if the top rich fanboy supplied twitcher can reach level 100???

Or the rich OP player?

It won't affect the majority of players at all.

However, unfortunately, GGG and a few idiots on here are just too short-sighted to see that.

There are many more important issues which need to be addressed and fixed in this game.

Take a step back. See the whole picture. See the forest of real problems, not just a few trees!

Exactly ! This game still needs a LOT of fixing to be done, and not more punishing stuff on top of an unoptimized game engine and the ever-present RNG the devs put into every single aspect of their creation.
"
If the goal is to make the game more challenging, why not simply have some of the monster stats increase every time you do a map, and decrease every time you do another one

that's actually a good idea as it serves nearly the same purpose but does sound much better.

the only difference is that builds that face roll endgame maps probably wouldn't be much affected by the stats increase. it heavily depends on the magnitude of the increase.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Grumlum wrote:

Exactly ! This game still needs a LOT of fixing to be done, and not more punishing stuff on top

the goal of the op is to fix the not punishing stuff.

an non-interesting game is where your decisions don't matter and have no consequences. to provide a base for ingame decisions and tactics there need to be options. i just try to add to the variety of them.

"
Grumlum wrote:
of an unoptimized game engine and the ever-present RNG the devs put into every single aspect of their creation.

to get the game better optimized, keep supporting them (which you probably did massively as your bold claims indicate).

the random outcome of several game aspects is to equalize the rewards for nolifers and players with less time, if you have other mechanics to balance it, you're welcome to suggest it.

What's the problem with people playing the same map over and over agaign? PoE is a PvE game and therefore it shouldn't be a problem for you if players play only one map type. Instead of introducing exp penalities, GGG could also try to implement bonuses for not running the same map over and over again. So if you run Map X and then Map Y, you get +10% quantity/rarity/experience. If you then use Map Z, you get another +10% quatity/rarity/experience. With this, you can get up to 3 stacks, but that means you always have to use a different map and to get the most out of it, it needs to be 3 different maps in a row (so you can't change between 2 maps). This would motivate players to play at least 3 different maps in succession.

This mechanic wouldn't punish people who play only 1 map type, but would reward people who use different map types. In my opinion a much better approach.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

This suggestion will not stop those that know how to reach level 100 quickly. It made slow them down a bit for them, but with their extreme luck, perseverance, or whatever assist them through the process to piggy back them to 100, it will happen.

i'm all for removing the level 100 cap and just stop granting passive points after 100. if people want to mindlessly grind, why stop them?

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Honestly though, what is the point of this type of suggestion. What will the game benefit out of this?

"diminishing returns" in games balance the field between nolifers and casual players. it makes it harder to advance once you reached midgame maps and provides new challenges to mapping groups.

variety is always a good thing, especially for games.
"
AceNightfire wrote:
What's the problem with people playing the same map over and over agaign?

most players don't have the most rewarding maps and cannot afford them as their price rises due to their popularity.

players being able to chain run them get a huge advantage.

"
AceNightfire wrote:

GGG could also try to implement bonuses for not running the same map over and over again

same principle but sells probably better.
"
vio wrote:

"diminishing returns" in games balance the field between nolifers and casual players. it makes it harder to advance once you reached midgame maps and provides new challenges to mapping groups.

variety is always a good thing, especially for games.

Would be nice if I can get to red maps (not to map tier 14-15, but at least around 12-13) on just trans/alts/augs so I can have more variety to map. I like tier 7-12 a lot more than 1-5.

I personally find map tier 1-4...and to some extent map tier 5 that are extremely common. There is a ceiling in mapping, but no floor. Easy to make a pitfall and say to hell with this madness. I rather get bored out then be frustrated out. Never a good thing to leave a game with a bitter taste in your buds.

Edit: Of course, I never like being in a party with all the messes and stuff. I like to play at my own pace, but because of that, I being punished for it. Simply because RNG is a fickle at the bottom of the map system.

Edit2: I know this post feels personal again, but I already gave my objective post.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 4, 2016, 6:24:27 AM
I would rather have harder/unpopular maps more rewarding. It might change smth.

JohnNamikaze - Yes, exactly. Why we should pay (currency) for content.
GGG should make it less rng (1-2 guaranteed map drop for killing map boss?)
Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 4, 2016, 6:11:02 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
How would you define a cycle?

one cycle: the last 5 map types you ran. the number itself is just a suggestion.

Define you ran. Entered? Opened? Fully cleared? Definition is unclear, and so would be programming such a thing.

Also, seems to only be creating annoying barriers, and not really solving any problems.
Bad idea, imo.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jul 4, 2016, 7:47:30 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
I would rather have harder/unpopular maps more rewarding. It might change smth.

yep, people would rather choose builds which can run these maps more easily.

"
Rakiii wrote:
Why we should pay (currency) for content. GGG should make it less rng (1-2 guaranteed map drop for killing map boss?)

already discussed to death: the game has no mandatory currency sink beside some master crafting and endgame maps. take (one of) them away and ggg have to (further) lower the drop rate to avoid item price inflation.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
There is a ceiling in mapping, but no floor.

the floor is where map drops get sparse if you want to go higher. this tier (t8 to t10) should provide the greatest variety in map types for the suggestion to work. otherwise players would have to go back to lower map tiers too often which wouldn't be motivating.

but eventually it's on ggg to define that floor or move it up or down...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info