experience penalty for re-running the same map types

"

If you make it upon entering a map, then a player can simply open a no-value map, enter, leave, open another no-value map, etc...
If you make it upon full-clearing a map, you open massive experience issues due to missing that one elusive monster somewhere on the map.
And limiting what kind of map to use could create other problems.

you're right, i haven't put much thought into these issues.

it needs to be an event in the map which let's the map count for resetting the penalty. full clear or boss kill is not feasible, it needs to be some event 2/3rd into map progression ...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Yeah by all means, do not fix the real issue, lets just cover it up by nerfing the shit tier maps along side Gorge and Plateau maps.

Oh wait, that is the regular routine for fixing issues in PoE, I totally forgot this detail, carry on.
How about just to create more random layouts for each map. Every fucking problem solved. Sometimes you get straight, like gorge sometimes labyrinth, why not. People will not get bored fast, people will not chain same map, people will do high lvl maps for better exp, because layout will be unpredictable. Why not? But if GGG cannot technically implement this, then... I'm out of ideas.
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
"
Manator wrote:
because layout will be unpredictable. Why not? But if GGG cannot technically implement this, then... I'm out of ideas.

an unpredictable layout will lead to players just spawning new instances until they got the layout they want.
if you attach a cost to spawning a random layout you take some freedom away from players who will respond in the most awful way for devs: with a reddit shitstorm (it can't get worse thn that)
"
Stiansn wrote:
Yeah by all means, do not fix the real issue, lets just cover it up by nerfing the shit tier maps along side Gorge and Plateau maps.

i'm not nerfing anything with my suggestion: you can continue running your gorges without any penalty.

btw, what is the real issue?
"
vio wrote:
"
Manator wrote:
because layout will be unpredictable. Why not? But if GGG cannot technically implement this, then... I'm out of ideas.

an unpredictable layout will lead to players just spawning new instances until they got the layout they want.
if you attach a cost to spawning a random layout you take some freedom away from players who will respond in the most awful way for devs: with a reddit shitstorm (it can't get worse thn that)

How do you spawn new instances? By wasting maps? If so, more power to them.
P.S. Labyrinth gain new layout each day. Haven't seen shitstorm yet.
Last edited by Manator on Jun 29, 2016, 10:48:06 AM
Overly complicated (no way to communicate this to players) and unnecessary.

Just need to make doing red maps and higher more rewarding.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Since they have said they are working on end game for next update, suggestions are always good. I am just hoping that what they come up with will somehow repair some of the problems endgame has.
How about to introduce bunch of uniques which drops only from high lvl maps. Maybe some of them only boss drop. Uber atziri good example. No more some kind of perandus free loot crap. No chancing. Truly powerful uniques. Because now I'm feeling like playing D3 after release - most uniques are shit, 99% rare items goes to vendor.
"
Manator wrote:
How about to introduce bunch of uniques which drops only from high lvl maps. Maybe some of them only boss drop. Uber atziri good example. No more some kind of perandus free loot crap. No chancing. Truly powerful uniques. Because now I'm feeling like playing D3 after release - most uniques are shit, 99% rare items goes to vendor.

You mean like skyforths, no fucking thank you, those uniques will 90% or more be from chances or other sources then actual drops. Gating uniques by ilevel just to throw on a bunch of power is stupid, plus people can make div cards for them.

Uber atziri isn't a good example, because she isn't a regular map, less then 1% of the population will ever do uber atziri more then likely, we need map changes for the majority (that map) not for the 1%
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info