experience penalty for re-running the same map types

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Manator wrote:
How about to introduce bunch of uniques which drops only from high lvl maps. Maybe some of them only boss drop. Uber atziri good example. No more some kind of perandus free loot crap. No chancing. Truly powerful uniques. Because now I'm feeling like playing D3 after release - most uniques are shit, 99% rare items goes to vendor.

You mean like skyforths, no fucking thank you, those uniques will 90% or more be from chances or other sources then actual drops. Gating uniques by ilevel just to throw on a bunch of power is stupid, plus people can make div cards for them.

Uber atziri isn't a good example, because she isn't a regular map, less then 1% of the population will ever do uber atziri more then likely, we need map changes for the majority (that map) not for the 1%

You're fucking welcome. Whats wrong with skyforth? one of a few uniques that has actual value? Go on lets make all fucking shit brown things cost less than exalt (mjolnir for example). How is that fucking wonderful. I've wrote "no chancing, no other sources", take your time and read. If you could spare a few mins, you would know that a very few ppl are doing top tier maps (same as uber atziri) so what's the fucking difference? Go on and post some suggestions that will work then.
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
I dont like "penalties" I like freedom in my free time. North Korea might have a job for you though.
Git R Dun!
"
vio wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Yay! More exp penalties. :)

don't ask what the game can do for you, rather ask what you can do to improve the game ;-)

---

eventually it affects all players equally and imho is a slightly better solution to slow down top player's progression than nerfing xp from red maps.

---

there are also soft variants possible like:

1.) the queue resets if you kill the map boss. this combined with easy to clear maps having more difficult bosses ...

2.) doing a successful merciless or uber lab run resets your map queue for the next 10 hours.

yay, more lab runs!!11

How are more exp penalities improving the game in any way?
getting to lvl 100 should be easier not harder. This is such an archaic idea.

The game would be better if they balanced it around the concept that everyone can hit 100 easily and they just release content that is truly end game.

Others companies have already understood this concept. In all my other games i never got to max level and thought, oh well i guess there is no more improvement to be made to this char. No , i just said hey what can i min max, what can I try differently.

The lab is already annoying , I would not like to have to run it to regain experience penalties.

Best way to fix ppl from reaching lvl 100 in 10 days is put in an exhaust system so that they no-lifers need to get some sunlight.

Stop calling for slower exp gains, you are just falling for the gimmick that GGG wants you to think this is truely an End Game Goal, while they avoid having to develop something that is end game worthy.
So, people would first do a Gorge rota, then a Plateau rota, then a Springs rota, then a Shipyard rota. Timers or whatever would reset, GOTO Gorge.

Just give red maps a 500% buff in XP. Currently red maps don't serve any useful function.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Ladylunar wrote:
I really did not think this Idea will work out. For example, I mostly have a crap load of ( a lot ) of tier 9 Underground river maps, T-10 Chateau, and T-11 Crematorium. about (15 each). I try to run them out and get different and vend some, but for some crazy ass reason, I always get stuck with these maps. Your idea would hurt me very much in exp gain. The penalty would be too much.

Agree, and i don't get why we need EVEN MORE fucking penalties after GGG just ruin exp to everyone and now leveling make no sense as its just become waste of time.
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead

This whole idea is stupid.

The experience penalty is stupid.

I mean, who gives a flying frack if the top rich fanboy supplied twitcher can reach level 100???

Or the rich OP player?

It won't affect the majority of players at all.

However, unfortunately, GGG and a few idiots on here are just too short-sighted to see that.

There are many more important issues which need to be addressed and fixed in this game.

Take a step back. See the whole picture. See the forest of real problems, not just a few trees!

"
Manator wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Manator wrote:
How about to introduce bunch of uniques which drops only from high lvl maps. Maybe some of them only boss drop. Uber atziri good example. No more some kind of perandus free loot crap. No chancing. Truly powerful uniques. Because now I'm feeling like playing D3 after release - most uniques are shit, 99% rare items goes to vendor.

You mean like skyforths, no fucking thank you, those uniques will 90% or more be from chances or other sources then actual drops. Gating uniques by ilevel just to throw on a bunch of power is stupid, plus people can make div cards for them.

Uber atziri isn't a good example, because she isn't a regular map, less then 1% of the population will ever do uber atziri more then likely, we need map changes for the majority (that map) not for the 1%

You're fucking welcome. Whats wrong with skyforth? one of a few uniques that has actual value? Go on lets make all fucking shit brown things cost less than exalt (mjolnir for example). How is that fucking wonderful. I've wrote "no chancing, no other sources", take your time and read. If you could spare a few mins, you would know that a very few ppl are doing top tier maps (same as uber atziri) so what's the fucking difference? Go on and post some suggestions that will work then.

Lets see what is wrong with skyforth:

Originally it was deemed "too powerful" by almost every well known player in the game (aka streamer) it wasn't until AC classes were revealed that that really isn't the case. its powerful and rare, like a lot of uniques used to be.

Secondly, the item is like 90% chance or found from things OUTSIDE OF THE ILEVEL RESTRICTION, so what is the purpose of restricting it by ilevel, the most valuable and awesome things should be able to drop as soon as you start mapping. GGG has been reducing the amount of unqiues "gated" by ilevel, not increasing it.

Mjolner is worth so little because it was nerfed and if your going to get the other unique that pushes it into "good" territory, you might as well just make a different build that utilizes CoC.

I don't give a shit what you wrote, the way items work in PoE means it follows a set of rules for item drop restrictions. Only items that are from specific encounters, like atziri\vinktars or league specific don't have to follow the rules. All ilevel restricted items can be found in cowards trial, chanced or div cards.

Very few people do top tier maps or at least try to sustain them because there isn't a purpose after the 2.1 XP penalty nerf of red tier maps, doesn't help the layouts on most of them are not catered to XP\HR at all either.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I dont like "penalties" I like freedom in my free time. North Korea might have a job for you though.

it's not penalties (did i actually write that?), i meant challenges of course.

ever been to north korea? if the world would do the same to america that they did to north korea or cuba, i would give america one year before civil war would break loose.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jun 30, 2016, 3:30:54 AM
That's awful.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
That's awful.

that's too many arguments against me. i think i give up on making suggestions here.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info