I feel like we're being a little too harsh to GGG

"
Siochan wrote:
These guys were amateurs straight out of college YEARS ago. They then took my money and are STILL amateurs at this. In fact, the game is worse now than before.

it's a illusion to see them announce "world domination incoming" and think they will be the same company we once knew.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
You know why big companies like Ubisoft keep hyping up their games, getting as much pre-order money as they can, then release a buggy mess? Because people keep throwing money at them.

You know why GGG keeps hyping up their leagues, getting as much supporter pack money as they can, then release a buggy mess? Because people keep throwing money at them.

Difference is, GGG has people defending them/questioning whether the criticism is too harsh. lol

Anyone stupid enough to still be giving GGG money for such piss poor new content and atrocious design, balance and performance deserves to go broke someday.

This game and company peaked during Forsaken Masters, ever since the 1.3 nerf patch in which they decided to destroy certain builds and then to the Asc beta disaster in which they listened to ZERO feedback from PAID supporters, the writing was on the wall... creativity, competence, loyalty... doesn't exist any more with these guys.

Buy that hot new MTX coming out though, they're sure hard at work on that.

Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
See what I mean?

No, I see what he means though.

As soon as someone had something moderately positive to say, some bully shows up and makes him feel unwelcome. That's why the forum is spinning into shit... plain and simple. Moderators need to start moderating, because the moderates have left the discussion.

Couldn't agree with Shagsbeard more, here. I used to love coming to the forums. These days, I have one hand over my nose while sifting through the garbage in these threads.

I'm 100% for constructive criticism, and I know a lot of folks here just want to keep this game alive and golden for years to come - and that's great. And so maybe they are concerned about power creep, or end game content being too gated, or what have you. I share that mentality.

However, that is not the vibe I get when reading a large majority of the posts in General Discussion these days. The vibe I get is more like whining and cynicism.
Last edited by natefactor07 on Jun 20, 2016, 11:10:12 PM
Another server outage. Don't be harshly critical, now!
Y'know, it's times like this that I stop and have to point out...This doesn't happen with most games. Yeah, every game is going to have it's faction of complainers and it's cadre of white knights, but this game's community turns that shit up to 11. And it's pretty consistent, too. There has never been a point where people aren't complaining about the performance of the game, or about the lack of meaningful content past level 60, or the soul-destroying grind, or the damage spikes and outright sadistic game design. And while every game has it's peaks and valleys, PoE also takes that to the fucking extreme. Have you even seen the Steam charts?

The curves on that thing are ludicrous. Each of those jumps in player count coincides neatly with major updates, like Ascendency or the current Prophecy. People join or return from hiatus, play for awhile, and then the freefall starts as the game bleeds players like crazy. Of course, the harshness of those curves is amplified by the atrociously low player count, but that's not exactly in favor of the game.

This game has less than 10,000 loyal players. That's the way it's always been. Everyone else is passing through, and usually leaving their familiar grievances behind. That is not enough to sustain any game, and spiking the player count with new hype every three months may be a clever band-aid, but it's not going to last. Look, I'm not a market expert, but god damn, that chart tells me enough, and I've seen bigger fish starved out with higher player counts. There is some god damn voodoo going on here keeping this thing alive right now.

This is the death spiral: GGG can't afford to make PoE worth a damn and retain new players, so the new players leave, and GGG loses money, so they can't afford to make PoE worth a damn, onward and onward to the inevitable end. Really, guys, a game in it's third year shouldn't need to rely on supporter packs (AKA donations) anymore. It should have become self-sustaining by now, just like every other successful F2P game. Supporter packs are supposed to jump-start a beta into launch, they're financial training wheels for fuck's sake.
This is a buff™
"

This game has less than 10,000 loyal players.

Eh, no. Look at this chart:

That's 200k active players on Steam alone. Now add people who use the standalone client, add people from Taiwan, add people from Russia... A conservative estimate is 500k, not 10k lol. You should also notice that people have been bringing up Steam charts for 3 years now. And then you should notice that GGG has only been growing since 2013. They're 50+ people now. How do you think they pay for that?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
laycast wrote:
"
SirSid wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's a public forum. You're going to get whatever the public puts out. Right now, the mood in the forum is such that people who wish to praise something feel bullied out of the discussion. So they don't post. So it appears that everyone is being "too harsh" when really most players are just avoiding confrontation.

That's on point big time i feel.

For myself i ususaly post my arguments against a idea i dislike once or twice . Then on the subsucent 100 + threads about the same fucking thing i just don't bother. Iv giving up trying to get my point's across to some folks.

With other games i feel like not getting the other side of the story out is dangrous . look at how mass posting has fucked up recent new games like the division , having the company break core parts of the game dew to overwhelming demand only to find out that the players really did not want what they wher asking for and ended up breaking the end game systems of the game since they simply did not understand them .

However with GGG im confident that they can sift through the bullshit and do whats right . the lab is a great eg. long term it's a fantastic part of the game in IMO . So if GGG has to ware a bit of hate over it for now , no big deal to me . Iv said my pice on it a few times that i like it and feel it's a good part of the game , that breaks up the other content and gives us diffrent ways of focousing a character build . No need to repeat myself in evrey thread , GGG gets it . That being said if someone really hates the lab then by all means let us hear about it , if you can bring an argument that has legs to stand on rather than " my build sucks ass for the lab so it's game breaking and i hate it " then i will lissen perhaps even comment .

[Removed by Support]

Why do you think all the threads keep popping up? Because A LOT of people are tired of the same bullshit, which somehow you're fine with.

I can see how much money you've thrown at GGG. I would be in denial if I was you as well.

What do you mean im fine with it ? I said i always post my opinions 1 way or the other , sometimes im with the general feeling sometimes im not . I did say i don't post over and over again about evreything ( some tings i do you bet cuz i care about what happens to this game )

So what if i tossed alot of money at GGG . I did so cuz i love PoE and i feel that GGG has the potential to make this game truly great ,that paired with a buissnes model i want to suport in the games industry vs the pay2win bullshit or buggy AAA content lacking models we see all to offten . Also did you notice i did not purches the latest pack ?

I did not say don't post you opinion your fine to post whatever you want about whatever you want . THAT"S WHAT MAKE"S GGG GREAT THAT THEY LISSEN TO US . Sometimes however people are wrong so they don't get thier way . Hell iv been the head of flag waveing campains against GGG changes ( FFA loot changes for 1 i was against perma loot ) that i have lost . I got over it and moved on .

P.s. PM me the part of your post that got removed by suport i want to read it .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
Y'know, it's times like this that I stop and have to point out...This doesn't happen with most games. Yeah, every game is going to have it's faction of complainers and it's cadre of white knights, but this game's community turns that shit up to 11. And it's pretty consistent, too. There has never been a point where people aren't complaining about the performance of the game, or about the lack of meaningful content past level 60, or the soul-destroying grind, or the damage spikes and outright sadistic game design. And while every game has it's peaks and valleys, PoE also takes that to the fucking extreme. Have you even seen the Steam charts?

The curves on that thing are ludicrous. Each of those jumps in player count coincides neatly with major updates, like Ascendency or the current Prophecy. People join or return from hiatus, play for awhile, and then the freefall starts as the game bleeds players like crazy. Of course, the harshness of those curves is amplified by the atrociously low player count, but that's not exactly in favor of the game.

This game has less than 10,000 loyal players. That's the way it's always been. Everyone else is passing through, and usually leaving their familiar grievances behind. That is not enough to sustain any game, and spiking the player count with new hype every three months may be a clever band-aid, but it's not going to last. Look, I'm not a market expert, but god damn, that chart tells me enough, and I've seen bigger fish starved out with higher player counts. There is some god damn voodoo going on here keeping this thing alive right now.

This is the death spiral: GGG can't afford to make PoE worth a damn and retain new players, so the new players leave, and GGG loses money, so they can't afford to make PoE worth a damn, onward and onward to the inevitable end. Really, guys, a game in it's third year shouldn't need to rely on supporter packs (AKA donations) anymore. It should have become self-sustaining by now, just like every other successful F2P game. Supporter packs are supposed to jump-start a beta into launch, they're financial training wheels for fuck's sake.

That whole argument is based on the fact that GGG is barly pulling in enoughf cash . I don't think that's the case at all .

This is the thing with this pay model that's interesting . I have no idea what the actual numbers are and i would LOVE to see GGG's books on the matter cuz iv always suspected that they actualy rack in a shit ton of cash.

Think about it .

They have the base foundation of guys like me who pay WAY to much money for this game cuz we have disposible income and a love of the product + ( some ) trust in the devs . They give us ways to give them tons of cash without breaking the game in a P2W way

Then they have the normal players . People who like the game but don't no life mode play it , they might spend 20 -40 dollors on a few things and stash tabs when they start playing then get board and leave , no more money comeing in but they basicaly " paid " for the game so that's fine .

Then you have the HUGE amounts of people who pass through , alot of these folks dump some cash into the game , mabey for tabs on thare first playthrough, or on cool looking skins they see streamers use . then they move on . HOWEVER they also come back once in a blue moon to check back in on the game . make a new character , mabey buy a new skin and play for a bit . Then they move on again .

Iv always wondered how much cash GGG dose bring in . I have a gut felling it's alot more than most of us think . The list of grand master suporters is large , that's 500 USD a pop . and only they VERY FEW top tier dedicated players would even consider buying that .

Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
I remember when harsh was good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info