I feel like we're being a little too harsh to GGG

"
Bars wrote:
The threads are hostile because GGG is making mistakes which could have been forgivable to an indie producer with a newfound success a few years ago but are looking less and less excusable as time goes by.

- yet another league plagued by technical difficulties: GGG used a closed beta pre-awakening but made the players actually pay to betatest their content and didn't listen to a word said in the closed beta feedback forum, which understandable lead to a massive backlash. They overreacted in a typical fashion and, instead of making a free open beta a few weeks before the leagues after that and actually listening to player feedback, stopped doing betas whatsoever.

- the majority of players hates the lab and Chris calls them a 'vocal minority' and introduces even more lab, and a much more fucked-up one, in the next patch (where am I getting my data? EVERYWHERE. All my friends ingame I've talked to, yes, the stupid straw poll, the general atmosphere in the forum, my own conclusions - everything points that way)

- the XP grind past 90 was ridiculous even before and almost no one had the patience for it - GGG rapes XP gain after 90, Havoc says he won't level to 100 in the new league (if I were in GGG's shoes, I would treat that as a major disaster btw)

- players are more powerful than ever with the 8 ascendancy points... and they have no content to run, red maps don't drop, yellow maps give no fucking XP, uber atziri is gated behind layers and layers of farming and RNG, even the uber lab is gated for the few people who like running it

- they add even more random spike damage in the game - I don't know what they did to normal monster damage but my map buddies and I regularly experience white mobs in t11-12 maps, without too rippy mods, hitting for 5-6 k. Perhaps they upped monster crit multi? Yesterday in a spings map a white viper literally oneshot me at 5700 hp. I returned to the map and just tried his damage, he was hitting for ~2500 with normal (ranged and unavoidable!) attacks, so perhaps the oneshot was a crit? Do I really have to explain for the 10th time why having such huge and random damage spikes from unpredictable sources is bad game design?

... and I could go on and on. So, yes, players have a lot to complain about and they are doing it. You can tell when the league is successful - the forum is much more peaceful. There are and there will always be negative threads but the + to - ratio is much different.

+1 and I would add loot is terrible. I only have 1 drop now that actually dropped for me. I had to trade for every other item I used. 6 linking is still a huge pain. You covered everything else nicely and extra emphasis on the suckiness of lab. Me and friends also dont like it. All it is now is a way for ppl who makes entire characters for it to farm head enchants and sell them. Because even when you win the head enchant is so random it might take 500 runs to get what you want so just farm them whatever u get on different uniques and reap in exalts.
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
Last edited by Prebornfetus on Jun 25, 2016, 4:24:08 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:

Like I said, GGG is getting smarter in making money.

I wonder if they planned on introducing such divisive content so they could rake in the cash when they "fix" it.

Too paranoid?
Last edited by SudianX on Jun 25, 2016, 8:06:46 AM
"
Bars wrote:
The threads are hostile because GGG is making mistakes which could have been forgivable to an indie producer with a newfound success a few years ago but are looking less and less excusable as time goes by.

- yet another league plagued by technical difficulties: GGG used a closed beta pre-awakening but made the players actually pay to betatest their content and didn't listen to a word said in the closed beta feedback forum, which understandable lead to a massive backlash. They overreacted in a typical fashion and, instead of making a free open beta a few weeks before the leagues after that and actually listening to player feedback, stopped doing betas whatsoever.

- the majority of players hates the lab and Chris calls them a 'vocal minority' and introduces even more lab, and a much more fucked-up one, in the next patch (where am I getting my data? EVERYWHERE. All my friends ingame I've talked to, yes, the stupid straw poll, the general atmosphere in the forum, my own conclusions - everything points that way)

- the XP grind past 90 was ridiculous even before and almost no one had the patience for it - GGG rapes XP gain after 90, Havoc says he won't level to 100 in the new league (if I were in GGG's shoes, I would treat that as a major disaster btw)

- players are more powerful than ever with the 8 ascendancy points... and they have no content to run, red maps don't drop, yellow maps give no fucking XP, uber atziri is gated behind layers and layers of farming and RNG, even the uber lab is gated for the few people who like running it

- they add even more random spike damage in the game - I don't know what they did to normal monster damage but my map buddies and I regularly experience white mobs in t11-12 maps, without too rippy mods, hitting for 5-6 k. Perhaps they upped monster crit multi? Yesterday in a spings map a white viper literally oneshot me at 5700 hp. I returned to the map and just tried his damage, he was hitting for ~2500 with normal (ranged and unavoidable!) attacks, so perhaps the oneshot was a crit? Do I really have to explain for the 10th time why having such huge and random damage spikes from unpredictable sources is bad game design?

... and I could go on and on. So, yes, players have a lot to complain about and they are doing it. You can tell when the league is successful - the forum is much more peaceful. There are and there will always be negative threads but the + to - ratio is much different.

well said Bars !!!

I have friends ( veterans ) that loved ggg before , they don't anymore , ggg don't listen to the players anymore . In the end it's going to backfire ggg !!!
But the game is balanced with alt f4 in mind ( pathetic and amateurish imo )
"
SudianX wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

I wonder if they planned on introducing such divisive content so they could rake in the cash when they "fix" it.

Too paranoid?
you are not

GGG has already done some patch in the past that worsen the game just to make more money

They actually changed the skin of most helmets to horrible ones. Suddenly at same time they released new helm mtx and skin xfwe
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Its because GGG has been given a lot of leway in the past. The game is 3+ years old now and many leagues and mechanics have come and gone. They have nerfed the hell out of a ton of skills and everyone has hated it. People are starting to have less patience. The constant skill nerfs into oblivion are geninuely build breaking. GGG doesnt appear to understand their own game sometimes. Its quite simple they aren't learning from their mistakes.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Jun 25, 2016, 9:00:42 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
SudianX wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

Too paranoid?
you are not

GGG has already done some patch in the past that worsen the game just to make more money

They actually changed the skin of most helmets to horrible ones. Suddenly at same time they released new helm mtx and skin xfwe

This is correct. Even Kripp had something to say about it when GGG did that... lol
Kripp's Response https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ6oATzYh-s
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 25, 2016, 9:01:54 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
SudianX wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

Too paranoid?
you are not

Bullshit. The helmet review was awesome and I wish they'd do that to other types of gear.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
SudianX wrote:

Too paranoid?
you are not

Bullshit. The helmet review was awesome and I wish they'd do that to other types of gear.

What a weird coincidence that they change rats nest 3D art to an unnecessary shitty one and in the same week they release 2 new helmet mtx ?
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
they change rats nest 3D art to an unnecessary shitty one

Kinda, it's probably too small, no room for the rats.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

What a weird coincidence that they change rats nest 3D art to an unnecessary shitty one and in the same week they release 2 new helmet mtx ?

You must be trolling. If you seriously believe that I have no nothing left to say.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info