I feel like we're being a little too harsh to GGG

It's probably closer to 30,000 LOYAL players. The same LOYAL 30,000 from launch, plus and minus a few thousand quitters/comers
I became quite more passive about GGG's decisions lately but when Chris spit on his playerbase by taking them for complete idiots when he said " Lab haters are a vocal minority" and then add more Lab stuff, He destroyed the restraint we had about failed decisions, restraint generated by our respect and love for GGG's work.

When you have loyal and loving players and you try to fill them with blatant bullshit, dont expect more love in return
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jun 22, 2016, 12:06:07 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:

If you want to compare similar games, compare PoE to Marvel Heroes. The latter even has a super popular franchise to carry it.

It also had one of the worst launches I have ever witnessed, a developer which outright censors criticism, a dearth of meaningful content at all levels, and they even rebranded themselves just to dupe people into thinking it wasn't the same game.

I am well aware of how terrible Marvel Heroes is. They are carried by the license, and only the license. It's time will come, but because they're backed by one of the biggest multimedia juggernauts on the planet right now, that day is a long way off. Quite frankly, they can afford to be shit.

But, funny enough, aside from the mass exodus following the infamous launch, they've remained more steady than PoE has. There's the expected minor bumps when big updates come out, but not the gigantic peaks and drop-offs of PoE.
This is a buff™
"

But, funny enough, aside from the mass exodus following the infamous launch, they've remained more steady than PoE has. There's the expected minor bumps when big updates come out, but not the gigantic peaks and drop-offs of PoE.

Like I said before, PoE doesn't have much player retention power other then the first 4 to 5 weeks into a new league every 3 months.

Also it seems that PoE has admitted this and looking to make the most out of leagues now judging by the release of the prophecy supporters pack. This is the first ever supporters pack release that doesnt follow a major expansion/content updates.

GGG is smart, instead of making a game that has strong retention power all the time they opt for the rollercoaster ride and we will probably see supporters pack release every single league from now on, in order for GGG to secure their paychecks during the 4 to 5 weeks time where there are player spikes. And tbh it's strange that GGG didn't do this earlier.

Another example that confirms this is the progressive patching over time during league. They locked out a lot of contents/prophecies and fated uniques and release them gradually in to extend the life of the league.

Like I said, GGG is getting smarter in making money.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 21, 2016, 10:19:04 PM
"

I am well aware of how terrible Marvel Heroes is. They are carried by the license, and only the license. It's time will come, but because they're backed by one of the biggest multimedia juggernauts on the planet right now, that day is a long way off. Quite frankly, they can afford to be shit.

Heh, I guess we disagree again, because imo Marvel Heroes is a very solid game. I play it occasionally and it definitely has its perks.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"

Like I said before, PoE doesn't have much player retention power other then the first 4 to 5 weeks into a new league every 3 months.

Also it seems that PoE has admitted this and looking to make the most out of leagues now judging by the release of the prophecy supporters pack. This is the first ever supporters pack release that doesnt follow a major expansion/content updates.

GGG is smart, instead of making a game that has strong retention power all the time they opt for the rollercoaster ride and we will probably see supporters pack release every single league from now on, in order for GGG to secure their paychecks during the 4 to 5 weeks time where there are player spikes. And tbh it's strange that GGG didn't do this earlier.

Another example that confirms this is the progressive patching over time during league. They locked out a lot of contents/prophecies and fated uniques and release them gradually in to extend the life of the league.

Like I said, GGG is getting smarter in making money.

I feel that not having a ton of player retention after 4-5 weeks after a new patch is probley pretty normal in this day in age. I could be wrong im just not shocked by that number

Again i look over to the division a very new game that had massive hype around it + a well known franchise suport with a massive budget behind it. If we are going to look at steam charts ( witch is a bad idea we know that but it seems we are on that road at this point ) then POE is absoultly crushing it . last patch came out around the same time , and the division expansion was HIGHLY awaited cuz the company promised lots of fixes, POE is siting at 10 k the division at 3 k

I agree with you that GGG is getting smarter at making money in this pay model . Is it a bad thing ? IDK it could be. Dosent ring alarm bells for me but i pay really close attention to how this buissnes model is working so not something im turning a blind eye to .

I personaly did not buy the last suporter pack for 2 reasons . Reason 1 was that i felt i had given plentey to GGG and i felt like a break . Reason 2 was basicaly what you said , it was a pack for a non major expand just a new leauge , not really something i was interested in .Perhaps others might be.

How i feel about GGG trying to scalp a bit more cash off folks who drop in for a few weeks then drop out is , go for it guys . The more cash they make off them the less i feel i have to make large donation to safeguard the project. If they are taking other peoples money then they can take less of mine :)
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
I became quite more passive about GGG's decisions lately but when Chris spit on his playerbase by taking them for complete idiots when he said " Lab haters are a vocal minority" and then add more Lab stuff, He destroyed the restraint we had about failed decisions, restraint generated by our respect and love for GGG's work.

When you have loyal and loving players and you try to fill the with blatant bullshit, dont expect more love in return

You kind of bring up a interesting point with this .

A game like PoE ran by a company like GGG is walking a thin line . just ONE fuck up like that can lead to totaly loss in confendence.

Not to say it's right or wrong for a person to react very strongly over 1 thing , sometimes it's justified sometimes it's not .

STORY TIME :

Sometimes massive player rage against a company can actualy be a positive thing as well . CCP the company that makes EvE online was going down a road alot of folks did not like , then they relesed a bullshit patch with dumb content no one wanted . We wher mad . A few days later some internal company documents wher leaked basicaly saying that " it was a good idea to try to ram this new content down the players throts whether they wanted it or not " and even worse also in thare was basicaly said that " players will pay whatever we want for the new cosmetic items and we can get them hooked on that then start brining in more pay walled game content ( AKA P2W moddel ) . The player base went into a mad RAGE !!!! the company was hacked , forums wher spammed with rage , RMT sites wher massivly DDos'ed . Then 4000 players marched into the main trading system and layed sige to a monument put up by the company to honor the main trading hub of the game. The servers crashed .

The aftermath saw a large shift in the companys workings , the curent content plan was totaly scraped and people wher moved around in the company and new people brought in , some lost thare jobs over this .

Since then it has been back on track and heading in a good direction . mostly focousing on balance ships , and revamping old outdated systems. For the most part the game is 100 % back on track and doing better than ever , with the future looking good when they can finaly get to start making new stuff again .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Last edited by SirSid on Jun 21, 2016, 11:47:14 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

When you have loyal and loving players and you try to fill the with blatant bullshit, dont expect more love in return

Well said. I hate lab and especially burning rage uber trial with a passion.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=772HiI9fBNM

Just because people are harsh sometimes but still believe in the company doesn't mean GGG should have complacency at the state of their game.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jun 22, 2016, 12:30:19 AM
"
SirSid wrote:
The aftermath saw a large shift in the companys workings , the curent content plan was totaly scraped and people wher moved around in the company and new people brought in , some lost thare jobs over this.

Probably just slobs that leaked the internal document.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info