I feel like we're being a little too harsh to GGG

"
Xavderion wrote:
"

This game has less than 10,000 loyal players.

That's 200k active players on Steam alone.

Okay, if you're going to post Steam numbers wildly larger than the official numbers from the Steam store website, you're gonna need to fuckin' cite your source.

And I know the peak today was 16k and change, I say less than 10k loyal players because if you look at the history of PoE on the site I got my chart from earlier, you'll see that aside from the spikes around major updates, the average count stays under 10k. Everyone else drops off after an update hits.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Jun 21, 2016, 12:11:42 AM
A sizeable portion of those are bot accounts as well.
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

This game has less than 10,000 loyal players.

That's 200k active players on Steam alone.

Okay, if you're going to post Steam numbers wildly larger than the official numbers from the Steam store website, you're gonna need to fuckin' cite your source.

And I know the peak today was 16k and change, I say less than 10k loyal players because if you look at the history of PoE on the site I got my chart from earlier, you'll see that aside from the spikes around major updates, the average count stays under 10k. Everyone else drops off after an update hits.

Here's the source, it's also a much more useful site than steamcharts: http://steamspy.com/app/238960

Btw your definition of a loyal player is skewed. For example I always play for the first 3-4 weeks of a new league and then I stop until the next league. And yet I'm a loyal player.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
A sizeable portion of those are bot accounts as well.

Botters don't bot through Steam, they use the standalone client.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Here's the source, it's also a much more useful site than steamcharts: http://steamspy.com/app/238960

Btw your definition of a loyal player is skewed. For example I always play for the first 3-4 weeks of a new league and then I stop until the next league. And yet I'm a loyal player.

Look, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you made a mistake, because on the chart you were looking at each bar represents the total player count over a two week period.

What you're looking for is "CCU (Daily)", which shows the peak concurrent players per day. And not surprisingly, it falls directly in line with everything I've cited already, topping out at 16k today.
This is a buff™
"
"
Xavderion wrote:

Look, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you made a mistake, because on the chart you were looking at each bar represents the total player count over a two week period.

What you're looking for is "CCU (Daily)", which shows the peak concurrent players per day. And not surprisingly, it falls directly in line with everything I've cited already, topping out at 16k today.

Wrong. It only makes sense to use the two week chart to check how many active players there are at the moment. CCU tells us very little about that. Following your logic, as soon as I leave the game and go to sleep I'm not a loyal player anymore? Doesn't make any sense.
"
Xavderion wrote:
200,000 concurrent players a day

I think you are reading the chart wrong.
The one you showed in your post is the total players over 2 weeks period.

It's around 20k peak (on steam) a day during the first weeks of a league on a weekend.

2 weeks chart shows nothing but there are 200,000 unique account logged ingame over 14 days... it's not peak concurrent it just shows how many account logged in.

Also most f2p games have millions of accounts. Swtor (yep I said it), which is widly considered a very bad game released a 25 million+ account creations shortly after they went f2p.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 21, 2016, 12:44:56 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

It's around 20k peak (on steam) a day during the first weeks of a league on a weekend.

That quote is fabricated, I never said that.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

That quote is fabricated, I never said that.

If anything your chart showed nothing but the very complains that people are whining about in this thread. New league release, people comes back to try this, and *most* immediately quit shortly after... And only 200k account logins after a league release? Another way to look at this is... out of the 5.2 million registered accounts on steam, only 20k people logged in *today*, and only 200k account over 2-week period that even logged in...

So using the total steam PoE account figure, ~5% of the players logged in over 2 weeks and 0.5% of the players actually played today *on steam*. This is not a good number following a new league release.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 21, 2016, 12:53:14 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:

Wrong. It only makes sense to use the two week chart to check how many active players there are at the moment. CCU tells us very little about that. Following your logic, as soon as I leave the game and go to sleep I'm not a loyal player anymore? Doesn't make any sense.

My logic is that this game has a core player base of less than 10k, because that's what's left after the hype wears off and the people who temporarily play filter out. It's the number of people who are consistently playing this game, and are thus a more consistent source of revenue. If you're the kind of person who pays for what amounts to a fancy banner on the forums every three months for a game you don't even consistently play, then I'm sorry but you're perpetuating a financial system that has never worked long-term and cannot be sustained.

And if you're going to deliberately misuse player stats, then I'm sorry but that's about as clear a case of white knighting as I've ever seen, and I'm not gonna waste any more effort on you.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info