WOW GGG banned a Master Supporter player

I'm sorry. But you're donating, not purchasing.
To receive donations they have to be a charitable organisation which they are not
Semantics.

Ok. You're giving them free no-strings-attached money to support their project.

(thank you for your support, btw) :)
I am not convinced since the money spent for supporter packs is attached to whatever they offer in return. I have no beef with GGG and there are companies which actually fuck their customers over a lot worse but I do find it important to look into your own rights and not just bend over.
Last edited by xiMy on May 24, 2016, 12:19:49 PM
The point is, is that you have no rights in the case of PoE. Every dollar you voluntarily and optionally give them is of your free will.

They in return, lend you the use of things like mtx pets, stash tabs, etc. But none of that is yours.

Take me, for instance. I'm on a freebie account. I have nothing except what GGG allowed me to freely use. And I have the ability to play all of this game.
"
xiMy wrote:
To receive donations they have to be a charitable organisation which they are not
Not true at all. Anybody can donate to anybody. Charitiable organization has nothing to do with it. Unless homeless people with tin cups on street corners are charitable organizations now.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 24, 2016, 1:22:36 PM
In my opinion you are just abusing the language to suite your argument. It has been since forever that you don't actually <own> the copy of any game but only a license to play it. Still EU laws guarantee that you get to either access the game or your money back. It doesn't even matter if you cheat or not.
The whole supporter dynamic for me is just a cheap relabling. As soon as I pay money I am a customer in my eyes. As it is clear I pay the game company for their actual game.

Also look at the phrase "The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win"." which they have on the homepage. They has been development in the EU to ban the term free to play if it relies on microtransactions to generate revenue. It is mostly aimed at those pesky mobile games but I don't see how it couldn't also be applied here.
You keep saying you've paid for this game. You cannot PAY for this game. It's quite literally IMPOSSIBLE to do so. I am proof of this. I play without having given a cent.

And you did not purchase a license. Because it is impossible to purchase a license to play PoE.

You are paying for optional MTX's in advance by purchasing points/supporter packs... Is it too hard of a concept to grasp?
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
So what do you say to that then?
"Digital content:
You play a ‘freemium’ computer game – which means that the game was free to use when you started playing it 5 months ago. During that time you have spent money on in-app purchases to improve your game character. After your last character upgrade which you made via an in-app purchase, the game has stopped working. Under the Act you would be entitled to a repair or a replacement. If a repair is not provided within a reasonable time or is impossible to replace then you would be entitled to some money back."

If it is an optional purchase and I cannot "PAY" for anything how come I get some back? I know it is not exactly the case here but it is something which you clearly denied. If I am now completly unaible to use my paid MTX what happens then?

Last edited by xiMy on May 24, 2016, 1:19:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info