WOW GGG banned a Master Supporter player

"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Especially if the money spent on the game was made by using RMT or something, you can see why they'd definitely want to ban you.

Yeah but seriously though, banning a guy who spent $1500 US in support packs?

Its not like GGG is a professional company, Chris said POE is for hardcore ARPG nerds and not for newbies or casuals. This indicates POE is funded by people like him so I don't quite understand the logic in banning him regardless if he paid to win or not.

Its not like people like me are funding POE its people like him and GGG knows its people like him who are funding POE since POE does not cater to newbies etc.

Though I must admit as time goes by POE becomes more like D3 and as it comes closer to being a D3 game I am tempted to buy a supporter pack

Banning a guy who broke the rules...Period. Money doesn't enter into it.
GGG has been very professional as far as I can see.
Yes, GGG IS funded by people like him...Who left D3 and other such games when the devs there stopped caring.

If this gets closer to D3 I'm gonna be pissed. I left D3 after that FB6 debacle that they mishandled so terribly, and I am NOT going back. Really, D3 lives on because ARPGs aren't a large genre, and they've got minimal competition. Top that off with the well known Diablo name, Blizzard behind them as well...And people who haven't been hit by Blizzard's mismanagement will go there over POE because they know the name. Same reason WoW lives on, despite any other MMORPG outclassing their combat and navigation systems tenfold. It's got the name, it's got Blizzard, so people go there.

- Sheepster
I think OP would probably have his mind blown if he realizes that there was a $12,500 USD supporter's pack. And GGG actually sold a couple of them.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Hehehehehe
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Hey there everyone!

Just to clarify, Supporter Packs are available to purchase to players who want to support Path of Exile and see it continue to grow. Purchasing Supporter Packs does not in any way exempt someone from abiding by the Terms of Use.

Please keep in mind also that we are not able to comment on the moderation of other players, and speculation about matters such as this may constitute as "naming and shaming".

This thread has been left open for the time being as it has developed into a discussion relevant to Path of Exile, however please be aware that we do not permit threads created to discuss or target specific players.

Please let us know if you have any concerns about this :)
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Good to see that money won't save you from cheating.
And since when should money FREELY invested automatically mean you a pass on being an ass??

Money shouldn't buy privilege like that, c'mon..
IGN: Yuzu
Nemesis - Omnomdyingsoon
Onslaught\HC - OmnomEmmaWatson
HC - Omnomniknight
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
Zephryl wrote:
It's not like it's different on a Pay-to-play game. You do bad things, you get the ban hammer.

Well, I suppose you're generally paying your money over time instead of a lump sum like with Supporter Packs.

What you think they banned him for? He must have spent like what $1500 USD in support packs in POE? WTF

I wonder how GGG feels about banning a guy who spent that much money to keep them afloat though.

It is likely that GGG is now acting like a real company and going by the rules, if so we are in luck and they would soon make this game accessible for new people. GGG never striked me as a company, always striked me as a few hardcore Diablo 2 nerds creating a niche game only for hardcore nerds.

They never striked me as people who run a professional company in a professional manner since Chirs statements about POE is not for new players and its only for hardcore arpg players. You would understand why I am surprised they would ban a huge supporter like that dude.

The guy was a drop in the bucket. How much money do you think it costs GGG to put out a patch like the one coming up? You don't have to guess since Chris said it in the podcast, $500,000 in development costs.

Add to that operating costs for servers and bandwidth, and development costs on other things going on at the same time and that big fish who got banned is not so much more important as you may think. This game needs a lot of people, including the very many who have contributed smaller amounts.
This troll is even baiting GGG responses. 3/10
I would just like to say to all the normal people who are here because they enjoy this game, dont respond to this guys threads in future. If you dont respond the thread disappears and no one has to humor its nonsense.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on May 24, 2016, 8:55:51 AM
Back in the days (like 2006), i have been playing a game called "Silkroad" by Joymax, which was f2p with an ingame shop. My Guild was like the biggest botting guild across all servers and we found out, that none of our Chars that had ever bought smth from the ingame shop was ever banned.
On the other hand, close to all of the twink accounts have been banned sooner or later (they were used clientless though, which might have made them easier to detect though).

tl;dr: Some companies do exclude paying customers from the tos.

Oh and before anyone thinks bad about me now: That was 10 years ago, i was young and needed the money :P
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info