WOW GGG banned a Master Supporter player

Everyone who doesn't buy a supporter pack should be banned!!!
-What we want?
Ban Hammer
-When we want it?
Right Now
-?
??

...sorry I forget the rest, i'm old.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"
raics wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
The rules are the rules and unless they are enforced blindly, you don't have real justice.

Law equals order, not justice, it's just something that's nice to have, if possible.

Maybe in the real world, but not in constructed game worlds. Order in a game is an emergent phenomenon from the artificial construct of foundational game mechanics.

Justice is getting what you deserve. There is no justice on the positive side of the scale, because the good is judged only by RNG - a capricious god if ever their was one. But on the evil side of the scale, law is a prerequisite for justice. The law, or in our case, rules, tell everyone what the punishments are for various misbehavior. When GGG enforces this without looking at account names or support level, that is justice. Anything less would be corruption.
I bet if Charan uses 3rd party program he won't get banned straight away, prob a warning or something

(this is not an attack to Charan because he doesn't violate the rules for sure, just as an example of someone who had spent lots)
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
He'd get banned straight away.
so has ggg leaned their lesson of not implementing any competitional gameplay with prophecy?

looks like it, doesn't it? no more "sharing" in the new gameplay content...

"
turtleken wrote:
I bet if Charan uses 3rd party program he won't get banned straight away, prob a warning or something

i think there is a difference between an supporter and an investor. it's like customer/business partner.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 24, 2016, 11:33:03 AM
"
innervation wrote:
Maybe in the real world, but not in constructed game worlds. Order in a game is an emergent phenomenon from the artificial construct of foundational game mechanics.

Justice is getting what you deserve. There is no justice on the positive side of the scale, because the good is judged only by RNG - a capricious god if ever their was one. But on the evil side of the scale, law is a prerequisite for justice. The law, or in our case, rules, tell everyone what the punishments are for various misbehavior. When GGG enforces this without looking at account names or support level, that is justice. Anything less would be corruption.

Nah, if abuse of third party programs for personal gain forced them to enforce the rule 'those that use third party programs will get banned', then that's what will happen regardless of what you used them for and you explicitly agreed to that when signing for the first time. So, if you used a third-party program to, say, change game files to show globe girls instead of lion and the skull you will still get banned because you broke the rules, not because of what you did. It's a common occurrence to place order before justice if it isn't possible or practical to determine the exact course of events in every case, devs don't have the time to also play detective.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I am no lawyer and this issue is fairly complicated since the game has no single player and you can easily create a new account. But as soon as you pay for a game you have the right to access the game pretty much regardless of what you do. Atleast if it doesn't include real criminal activity not some bogus EULA/TOS or whatever. You should check your local consumer protection laws. In the EU they are pretty favorable to you.
"
raics wrote:
if you used a third-party program to, say, change game files to show globe girls instead of lion and the skull you will still get banned because you broke the rules

Stop trampling on my dreams raics :(

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

"
turtleken wrote:

Yeah, no.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on May 24, 2016, 11:51:23 AM
"
xiMy wrote:
I am no lawyer and this issue is fairly complicated since the game has no single player and you can easily create a new account. But as soon as you pay for a game you have the right to access the game pretty much regardless of what you do. Atleast if it doesn't include real criminal activity not some bogus EULA/TOS or whatever. You should check your local consumer protection laws. In the EU they are pretty favorable to you.

This doesn't apply to PoE, as you cannot 'pay for the game', only support the company, GGG in the form of mtx and supporter pack purchases.
"

This doesn't apply to PoE, as you cannot 'pay for the game', only support the company, GGG in the form of mtx and supporter pack purchases.

Isn't that splitting hairs? And just relabling what is actually happening? For example I payed for the Awakening Supporter pack which entitled me access the Awakening Beta. I payed direct entrance. Again no lawyer but I don't see how changing paying to "supporting" makes me forgo every consumer protection.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info