WOW GGG banned a Master Supporter player

"
Darkrox wrote:
Back in the days (like 2006), i have been playing a game called "Silkroad" by Joymax, which was f2p with an ingame shop. My Guild was like the biggest botting guild across all servers and we found out, that none of our Chars that had ever bought smth from the ingame shop was ever banned.
On the other hand, close to all of the twink accounts have been banned sooner or later (they were used clientless though, which might have made them easier to detect though).

tl;dr: Some companies do exclude paying customers from the tos.

Oh and before anyone thinks bad about me now: That was 10 years ago, i was young and needed the money :P

My experience with the so call favoritism happened usually with inde companies toward their "high rollers". For example, they can go hams and racist, calling people the n word left and right on forums and somehow they are usually left along by the mods while someone say "you suck" towards the same guy and gets instantly suspended for "personal attack".

Company like Blizzard generally don't give a fuck all the way around. And GGG seems to be pretty good as well. Especially when I saw Charan (his name is changed to "Demon Kill" in Kanji now 鬼殺 or some shit like that) had his forum account suspended before (as well as myself) when we got into verbal brawling. I was impressed by GGG actually... Didn't think the almighty ruler of wraeclast could get in trouble for being a potty mouth (which I was 100% fully aware I will get punished lol).

Huge props to GGG mods.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on May 24, 2016, 7:50:33 AM
Good. You shouldn't be able to evade bans, set a poor example, and not follow the rules just because you spend money on the game. If you could that would be immensely pay to win: "pay us and we'll let you hack and RMT" is what that would tell me. And I wouldn't support GGG if that were the case.
"
Eleziel wrote:
"
this is generally why I never spend money on F2P games.

You have nothing to fear if you don't cheat (in any way)

uhm, let's see:
"

Restrictions: Under no circumstances, without the prior written approval of Grinding Gear Games, may you:
(c) Utilise any automated software or ‘bots’ in relation to your access or use of the Website, Materials or Services.

this point in the ToS alone enables ggg to ban all users of poe.trade.

why? because the site uses bots to crawl the trade forum.

and please stop laughing. because it really doesn't matter if ggg currently allows it and it's current practise to do so. it's stated illegal in the ToS and entitles ggg to pull this off at will and ban everybody violating this point in the ToS.

Spoiler

see microsoft for example: for centuries this company gave a dang about people pirating their operating system with the intention to get the os spread out as wide as possible and destroy competing software before they finally pulled the plug and inisted on their copyright and people licensing their stuff.

just to be unserstood in the right way: this is not comparing ggg to mikkisoft, it's to show that illegal practices stay illegal if the company says so, even if it openly allows these practices.

it's just one point i grabbed, there are more. for example the one where ggg can sue you for compensation if your postings cause them costs (10e) ...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 24, 2016, 10:08:50 AM
If I was making a game I'd reserve the right to ban anyone for any reason whatsoever (unless otherwise prohibited by law). So the post above this didn't bother me.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If I was making a game I'd reserve the right to ban anyone for any reason whatsoever (unless otherwise prohibited by law)

they basically did what you said.

and i have no problem with it as long as they act reasonable and don't violate the trust i have in them.

in that regard: them coming forward lately with unexpected, unilateral decisions like "banning scammers" without even defining what their understanding of "scamming" is, was nagging hard on that trust. them pointing to the ToS in this case which say "we ban your ass if we want to" was another nail.

it's not about scamming or me personally, it's about trust, i don't know what they're up to next if that trust is violated and not communicated properly.

i'm just afraid that they scare away potential new or existing high value supporters in the future if the trust is gone.
Last edited by vio on May 24, 2016, 10:16:48 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
Eleziel wrote:
"
this is generally why I never spend money on F2P games.

You have nothing to fear if you don't cheat (in any way)

uhm, let's see:
"

Restrictions: Under no circumstances, without the prior written approval of Grinding Gear Games, may you:
(c) Utilise any automated software or ‘bots’ in relation to your access or use of the Website, Materials or Services.

this point in the ToS alone enables ggg to ban all users of poe.trade.

why? because the site uses bots to crawl the trade forum.

and please stop laughing. because it really doesn't matter if ggg currently allows it and it's current practise to do so. it's stated illegal in the ToS and entitles ggg to pull this off at will and ban everybody violating this point in the ToS.

GGG allowed and approved the existence & usage of poe.trade previously?
That's your answer.
Please, don't turn to the "naysayers" side.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
You must be Blizzard employee of the month :)
"
Miská wrote:
This troll is even baiting GGG responses. 3/10

Wow harshest judge ever. Baiting a GGG response is auto 10/10, no?

To say something on topic - I was put on a chat timeout in game once. I was calling out a guy for obviously and blatantly trying to scam new players. I was pretty mad about it in the moment given that, you know, nothing happens to that guy, because gouging newbies via trade isn't against the ToS, but I was punished for using some colorful language. It was the right thing to do though. The rules are the rules and unless they are enforced blindly, you don't have real justice.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

That's your answer.

then they should change their ToS in this matter.

"
HarukaTeno wrote:
Please, don't turn to the "naysayers" side.

i still love them, otherwise i wouldn't have upgraded to souvereign supporter. but that statement of them that they have banned players already just based on their unknown internal evaluation really shocked me. and i wasn't the only one, there were long time, high value supporters (on reddit) who didn't understand that either.

ggg is still sitting this out without any comment. that's what i complain about and i don't consider that "naysaying".
they created a competitive game and can't leave people in the dark as to how far that competition is within their rule set.

and on top of that: the only ones who can really lose on ggg's inability to specify rules are the ones who supported the game, all others don't really have to care. accounts are free to make.

Last edited by vio on May 24, 2016, 10:44:48 AM
"
innervation wrote:
The rules are the rules and unless they are enforced blindly, you don't have real justice.

Law equals order, not justice, it's just something that's nice to have, if possible.

"
HarukaTeno wrote:

Kinda, yes. I think Chris said one time there are two reasons they aren't trying to replicate Poetrade ingame, one is of technical nature and the other one is they don't feel good about taking a poop on the authors. That probably means they approve of the tool and count on the authors to provide further service.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 24, 2016, 10:49:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info