So are you going to continue the trend of no legacy items?

Like you don't go and randomly take it away people do quit over this stuff surprisingly.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 24, 2016, 2:13:18 AM
I honestly feel like the majority of ARPGs balance there game around the concept of
leagues/ladders. Standard has always been the "dumpster" league. It's up to standard players to sort through garbage of what the leagues throw away. You can't decide what that is.. you just open the trashbin up and thats it.

It's funny and sad that I keep seeing these threads pop up about standard not getting love.
I just keep thinking... don't you guys get it. It probably won't change. These games are built with the idea that you come play it for abit, burn out, then come back later when things are fresh again.
That's what the ladder/league system does.

I'm not trying to bash standard. I just wouldn't expect much to happen to it anytime soon. If something
does change.. great. But again I wouldn't expect anything.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
I honestly feel like the majority of ARPGs balance there game around the concept of
leagues/ladders. Standard has always been the "dumpster" league. It's up to standard players to sort through garbage of what the leagues throw away. You can't decide what that is.. you just open the trashbin up and thats it.

It's funny and sad that I keep seeing these threads pop up about standard not getting love.
I just keep thinking... don't you guys get it. It probably won't change. These games are built with the idea that you come play it for abit, burn out, then come back later when things are fresh again.
That's what the ladder/league system does.

I'm not trying to bash standard. I just wouldn't expect much to happen to it anytime soon. If something
does change.. great. But again I wouldn't expect anything.

Ye ye, another nobody cares about standard comment. Can you explain to me what logic makes this argument when they obviously started to care about standard since they are plannign to make retrospective nerfs to items which already are in standard?

Your comment would make sense with their previous philosophy which generates legacy items. Philosophy which they all of sudden dismissed.
Last edited by Diphal on May 24, 2016, 3:21:30 AM
"
Vhlad wrote:
Standard hasn't seen a lot of temp league content. And in the podcast when we hear that talisman was a half a million $ league (and how much was perandus? prophecy?), it's starting to feel really bad being a standard player and supporter.

Adding league mods to standard via zana for a fee is a pretty unsatisfying and punitive way to experience league content. I'd like to see all of it rolled into standard, full scale (including adding league uniques to the drop pool), when the league ends. Waiting 3 months for the content is penalty enough. Heck, if player choice is a concern take a page out of the victor vran hex system and give us a UI to enable/disable league mods.

If standard is losing item permanency it really needs to start getting love in other ways.

Or have the current temp league mods available concurrently in permanent league maps via Zana, for free, fuck this paying lark.

I stopped actively throwing money at GGG, for the purpose of supporting, a long time ago. But I do buy points on a need basis from time to time, often via a supporter pack. I was actually just about to buy the new pack when I heard Chris say that in the podcast and I was like, nope, I'll get by without contributing to this massive, ongoing sink of wealth into a game I don't play while the one I signed up for and happily, heavily supported before the switch is ignored, or thrown a tiny bone here and there. And even then, those tiny morsels are designed to be a currency sink for wealth transferred from that game I don't play, wealth I have no part in.

While technically, GGG didn't lie about what PoE was and would be, the information they did give along with the information they didn't, resulted in a pretty fucking blatant bait and switch.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 24, 2016, 6:43:02 AM
I tought about having the possibility of playing current temp league with our standard characters trough Zana for free, it would be awesome, in one side i hate playing temp league because you have to start from 0 again but it's new content and items, and on the other side you have everything you need on Standard but there is nothing new, they should really make something for this other than having to pay on Zana...
You aint gonna get the league mods in standard while they are current. That would be the stupidest thing they could ever do. For obvious reasons. Hearing people asking for cats that bark is tiring.
"
Miská wrote:
You aint gonna get the league mods in standard while they are current. That would be the stupidest thing they could ever do. For obvious reasons. Hearing people asking for cats that bark is tiring.

Those obvious reasons which you listed, right?

I think asking for a cat that isn't muted is more the analogy.

Temp leagues are fresh economies, a fresh ladder with petty 'challenges' and MTX rewards, they do that without being bribe-deprive content design. People will play temp leagues who want to play temp leagues for those reasons.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 24, 2016, 7:01:12 AM
"
StDrakeX wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
So what gives?

Shit balance philosophy with no vision.

nah guys, think about it, does legacy mjolner cause massive balance issues and destroy perceived high end build diversity in standard? No. Would a legacy Voltaxic? Yes, big time.

I know people are upset cause they have voltaxics, but anyone slamming this decision needs to take a step back and look at the game, understand what drives the build metas, the markets, the continued interest in the game from a large group of players. Legacy chaos conversion would be horrible for standard, it would be utterly cancerous and lock a broken, diversity crippling meta into prime position forever, and it would all revolve around legacy uniques. It would destroy that league, if ppl cant see that then.. well sry, but trust me its a thing and they could not allow it to happen under any circumstance.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Temp leagues are fresh economies, a fresh ladder with petty 'challenges' and MTX rewards, they do that without being bribe-deprive content design. People will play temp leagues who want to play temp leagues for those reasons.

The main part about temp leagues is the special mod attached, regardless of your opinion.
"
Miská wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

The main part about temp leagues is the special mod attached, regardless of your opinion.

But nobody is suggesting removing the mods from the temp leagues.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 24, 2016, 7:20:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info