So are you going to continue the trend of no legacy items?

"
innervation wrote:
24:25 ZiggyD "so just to confirm there are no more legacy voltaxics?"
Chris: "that's a risk they took"
Zeno: says stuff
Chris: "well that's why PoE is awesome - you can speculatively make a thing like that. If we had confirmed, 'yes', those will be legacy than those guys right now are rich. In this case they're not, but next time maybe. You know, speculation is good."

This was answered yesterday :P

chris is ok with taking our money and fucking us over - ye i'm quiting
"
innervation wrote:
Chris: "well that's why PoE is awesome
It's a good thing that GGG nerfs items globaly instead of making even more legacy items, it should always be like that
Legacy items should never be made in first place.
Most legacy items are created based on being simply overpowered. Everybody who invest in most overpowered and popular item/build should be aware of taking the risk of loosing its value sooner or later.

People that whine about nerfs are like person standing on railroad and then "How come a train is riding on it? WTF?! GGG I quit."

Actualy GGG should nerf broken things even faster, so the only thing that I got against them is slow reaction. That cause lot of problems, like economy shifts, people abusing the build got upper hand comparing to others and possibly few others.

Last edited by herflik on May 23, 2016, 3:58:47 PM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
I can't fathom some of the standard players frustration right now personally like okay we've had several of them like the last ''legacy'' nerf to chaos was not retro now it is? What the fuck lol

Idk, look all the past nerfs. They seemingly flip a coin when deciding which items get a legacy version and which get fucked. There's no pattern at all.

I dunno tbh, what items didnt get legacy?

Atziris Acuity

Crown Of Eyes

Binos

now we have the Chaos Conversions

so they flip a coin and managed to land on only the items that would have caused a permanent ridiculously overpowered meta based around legacy items in standard that would choke high level diversity there, potentially forever, by trumping every reasonable op meta that comes in and out of legit play in the temp leagues from here onwards. Virtually everything else where the items remaining in play would not have had this disastrous effect theyve let us keep our items rather than mess us around.

Id say thats a pretty good coin tbh, if I owned one Id be banking on its flips too.
"
mazul wrote:
"
I really hope they comment on this. It's fine to nerf items without creating legacies, as long as they're consistent about it. However, their stance has been that existing items won't receive numerical changes, only new ones will.

How can they justify creating legacy VoV, ToH, and Mjolner, but nerfing Voltaxic, which probably a lot more players own and use? If there's a reason, I'd be satisfied. If this is a change of direction, again, that's fine. I just want to know if that's the case so I know what to expect.
If they can nerf without creating a legacy, they will. That's has always been the case.
I can't think of a time when that's been the case. Surgeon's flasks, Mjolner, Aegis Aurora, ToH, Lightning Coil, Cloak of Defiance, and VoV are all examples of items that had a unique mod that no other item in the game had. All of those have legacies.

The only counterexamples I can think of are CoE, Acuities, and Granite Flasks. CoE received a change in the way its mod worked, and Acuity was changed to be more like Vaal Pact instead of 2.5x better. Acuity might be the only analogous example. For Granite Flasks, I'm not sure if they could change the base item without changing existing items, like when they changed resist flasks.

For people saying "Everyone has a Voltaxic, so it's good there aren't legacies", I think the opposite is true. If only a few (probably very rich) people are playing with an item, then nerfing that item with no legacies is more alright, because those players can just buy the new OP hotness. Nerfing a commonplace item with no legacies can harm the experience of normal, even casual players who suddenly find that what might be their only high-level build is different and maybe non-viable now.

Edit: Actually, creating legacies benefits players. Anyone who had a Voltaxic, and then Voltaxic went legacy, would have considerably more money all of a sudden. Nerfs that create legacies are a windfall for players who are already experienced enough to play end-game builds. For new players, legacies aren't a big deal imo (at least I didn't care about them when I was a new player) because they a) don't understand how broken the item is, b) just don't set their sights on obtaining an item like that. The game isn't balanced around legacies, so legacies just create an ez-mode in standard which I think is okay.

Edit edit: Also I forgot about Bino's. Again it's not quite the same, because they removed the old mod from the game and replaced it with the new mod. Chaos conversion, on the other hand, still exists in exactly the same form, just with a numerical nerf.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on May 23, 2016, 4:18:02 PM
This decision feels really arbitrary. Voltaxic gets a nerf... But Mjolnir went legacy? Both items have a unique mod with no range of rolls. I would think that Mjolnir could be changed just as easily, but they didn't.

So what gives?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
So what gives?

Shit balance philosophy with no vision.
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
I think for the future of POE making sure there is no legacy items anymore is important this helps to create balance all around in both economy and play-ability which this helps stop people from controlling the game.
This also helps to make it easier for future balancing as it can be seen exactly what needs to be worked on if there is a uniformed approach to items instead of massive randomness that ends up taking way to much time looking at stats and items to work things out.
"
adzang wrote:
I think for the future of POE making sure there is no legacy items anymore is important this helps to create balance all around in both economy and play-ability which this helps stop people from controlling the game.
This also helps to make it easier for future balancing as it can be seen exactly what needs to be worked on if there is a uniformed approach to items instead of massive randomness that ends up taking way to much time looking at stats and items to work things out.

What the hell are you talking about. You are like legacy items could ever make it to temp leagues, which is only place where balance in economy is justified.

Legacy items are something people in std can farm for (if they still have willpower to play in standard). Market is insanely flooded and legacy items are only items which keeps their value. And thats positive.

Honestly I don't understand this. Most of players which argue how good non-legacy philosophy is are playing temp leagues only anyway. Why do you care then?

Like I said, legacy items are good thing since they are only items with league specific and GGG rares worth farming for.
Last edited by Diphal on May 24, 2016, 2:12:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info