So are you going to continue the trend of no legacy items?

"
I really hope they comment on this. It's fine to nerf items without creating legacies, as long as they're consistent about it. However, their stance has been that existing items won't receive numerical changes, only new ones will.

How can they justify creating legacy VoV, ToH, and Mjolner, but nerfing Voltaxic, which probably a lot more players own and use? If there's a reason, I'd be satisfied. If this is a change of direction, again, that's fine. I just want to know if that's the case so I know what to expect.

If they can nerf without creating a legacy, they will. That's has always been the case.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
I can't fathom some of the standard players frustration right now personally like okay we've had several of them like the last ''legacy'' nerf to chaos was not retro now it is? What the fuck lol

Idk, look all the past nerfs. They seemingly flip a coin when deciding which items get a legacy version and which get fucked. There's no pattern at all.
Nerfs are meant to balance the game. I think there should be more.

As a Standard player, I'm very relieved that they finally stop this legacy bullshit: legacy items mean allowing stuff in Standard that is considered broken and out of balance. They just shouldn't exist at all because they are bad for the game.

So +1 GGG!
"
sidtherat wrote:
these changes (legacy or nonlegacy) are mostly due to technical reasons. they insist on it being impossible to reroll items (that obviously being false but whatever) so they stick to it: if it is possible they do. if not they dont. simple as that.

Technically they don't rerolls the items, they just change the mechanics. Leech for instance was changed to be a fifth of the value stored in the item so in the item's data it will say leech is 2% but the game will read that and convert it to 0.4%. It's not actually a reroll but it appears as such in game.
I kinda understand that chaos damage had to be adjusted somehow. But nerfing everything without making legacy items?

What happened to your "you can play your build for ages because we won't break it" ideology? I mean almost everyone from active playerbase assaults standard players whenever they can, saying how shitty std is, how nobody cares about std. And you, GGG, are feeding this situation with absolutely no love for standard. Not a single mechanic from league made it to std since Torment (all my friends I know personally did quit because of this).

Yet when it comes to handle chaos meta issue, your balance team decides to nerf everything as usual. Whats different tho is even items in standard are being nerfed - STANDARD about whom nobody cares? Like... what is this.

To clarify something - I'm not crying because of Voltaxic. I never had this item nor planned to have it. I play CI, Vaal Pact, 100% chaos Incinerate.... and I'm using Hungry Abyss. You see, this build never felt OP, especially after shitstorm treatment it got in 2.1. It is just fine. However with planned changes my leech with this jewel will be nerfed by 40% and its a lot. And nobody even mentioned this since it is not fotm.

It feels extremely punishing when your build, which is not even close to be op but you still enjoy it, gets nerfed because of something completely unrelated. This was exactly why I did quit D3 years ago and I'm very close to apply same treatment to PoE.

If you are going to say something like "stop complaining about patch which is not even live yet" just... don't. I've seen this argument being said so many times... and discussed changes made it to release anyway. Then devs didn't touch such changes for whooole temp league since they just don't do that. Hell its not even speculation, Chris himself said its going to happen.
"
Soepkieken wrote:

As a Standard player, I'm very relieved that they finally stop this legacy bullshit: legacy items mean allowing stuff in Standard that is considered broken and out of balance. They just shouldn't exist at all because they are bad for the game.

So +1 GGG!

we already have so many legacy items on STD , nerfin those 2 won't change a thing
"
"
Soepkieken wrote:

So +1 GGG!

we already have so many legacy items on STD , nerfin those 2 won't change a thing

this doesnt mean future nerfed items should have legacies. Volta was unfair and got punished. get over with it.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on May 23, 2016, 11:44:47 AM
"
"
Soepkieken wrote:

So +1 GGG!

Therefore it's right to stop making legacy at least from now on
Last edited by GodKas on May 23, 2016, 11:46:09 AM
24:25 ZiggyD "so just to confirm there are no more legacy voltaxics?"
Chris: "that's a risk they took"
Zeno: says stuff
Chris: "well that's why PoE is awesome - you can speculatively make a thing like that. If we had confirmed, 'yes', those will be legacy than those guys right now are rich. In this case they're not, but next time maybe. You know, speculation is good."

This was answered yesterday :P
"
innervation wrote:
24:25 ZiggyD "so just to confirm there are no more legacy voltaxics?"
Chris: "that's a risk they took"
Zeno: says stuff
Chris: "well that's why PoE is awesome - you can speculatively make a thing like that. If we had confirmed, 'yes', those will be legacy than those guys right now are rich. In this case they're not, but next time maybe. You know, speculation is good."

This was answered yesterday :P

All this happened because certain people recieved insider information yet again , so Chris decided to rek them and change the game . Obviously Voltaxic was getting legacy but then this happened . So yeah whoever invested in these bows , welp you got rekt ez gg no re .
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on May 23, 2016, 12:41:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info