Please scale spectres up as well as down (Or another alternative for summoner QoL)

"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
Why the fuck would anyone think it's asking too much? Is this real life right now? Summoners right now are ass and I'm a veteran summoner in fact I always play an MF summoner every fucking league before transitioning into a main char.

Anything will help them.

I-NO...IF you're asking them to do about as much work as making asecendancy classes, for the sake of one skill, and one small subset of players....Then it's too much. YOu can't expect them to stall out the next patch and tick off a majority of players for the sake of the subset of players that use Raise Spectre. It's just plain unreasonable, and they ARE a business, so they need the MAJORITY of players happy. Compared to all the other players in the game...Spectre players aren't a massive amount, really.

I GET that this needs a fix. I don't expect them to put THIS on their top priority list, however, as Spectre players aren't a majority. I kinda doubt they're even a particularly large fraction.

Alright, Sheepster. Now I think you're just a summoner hater.

Why? It's because of your very faulty and disingenuous logic.

First you make the true statement:
"
IF you're asking them to do about as much work as making asecendancy classes, for the sake of one skill, and one small subset of players....Then it's too much.

You even capitalized IF. Good use of logic so far, and it's a reasonable statement.

But then you go on IN THE NEXT SENTENCE
"
YOu can't expect them to stall out the next patch and tick off a majority of players for the sake of the subset of players that use Raise Spectre.
This is also Logically true...
HOWEVER!

You are drawing an association between these two sentences (not much of a stretch). So far, in and of themselves, these two sentences in isolation do not present a great problem, except insofar as you seem to be implying that someone (your opposition in this friendly argument) wants the first-sentence condition to be met, and consequently the second sentence's conditions will necessarily come about.

HOWEVER, at the same time, you're implying very, very strongly that you happen to KNOW that what is being asked in this thread (that spectres scale to levels both above and below their creation level, instead of just below) is tantamount to asking that the amount of work needed to implement such a functionality would near the amount of work put into Ascendancy (you're simply that bad at shilling). You lack the technical knowledge to make such a bold statement (or strong implication), and if you possessed such knowledge, you would make your point immeasurably better by DEMONSTRATING that knowledge. You have completely failed to demonstrate ANY real technical knowledge of the programming of this game, beyond a very general, rumour-sounding group of assertions about queries, provided completely without factual reference.

This is shilling, and not particularly good shilling.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on May 20, 2016, 7:48:54 PM
Nah, a shilling is too much, tuppence at most.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Catarina could sell corpses lvl 100 (like a ho decoration) which allow us to summon our spectres.
Last edited by Bible_Black on May 20, 2016, 9:19:03 PM
While a solution, hardly fair that we should have to pay for a skill, or actually pay for a skill several times since I doubt there is anyone with only one specter. I have 5 or 6 depending on which summoner, even if the price is low, it would add up to allot over time.
the corpse could be permanent, not destroyed by spectre gem.
And would it be a specific corpse ? Then they would have to have several corpses available for purchase. Now we get to the real issue here, if you could get any monster in the game at the level you wish for, allot more types would be potentially chosen as specters, so just about any monster in the game would need to be be for sale. If not then we are talking a generic level 100 corpse and you would still need to carry it around and go to whatever location to desecrate it and summon which would defeat the whole argument about retaining your chosen summon type/types in case of d/c's or otherwise game stop/start. The best way to give summoners what we really wish for, is to either make the specter gem scale up as well as down. Or if that is too difficult, some way to leave an imprint of your last summoned specters complete with level. Best of all would be both things at the same time, scale able specters that leave an imprint until changed to another type that then is saved and so forth.
I like the idea of an hangout decoration as spectre source.

I like that idea as well...

A permanent corpse at lvl 100 that isnt' consumed by raise spectre. That...

Is an awesome Idea.

Even better than mine.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
joachimbond wrote:
Spoiler
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
Why the fuck would anyone think it's asking too much? Is this real life right now? Summoners right now are ass and I'm a veteran summoner in fact I always play an MF summoner every fucking league before transitioning into a main char.

Anything will help them.

I-NO...IF you're asking them to do about as much work as making asecendancy classes, for the sake of one skill, and one small subset of players....Then it's too much. YOu can't expect them to stall out the next patch and tick off a majority of players for the sake of the subset of players that use Raise Spectre. It's just plain unreasonable, and they ARE a business, so they need the MAJORITY of players happy. Compared to all the other players in the game...Spectre players aren't a massive amount, really.

I GET that this needs a fix. I don't expect them to put THIS on their top priority list, however, as Spectre players aren't a majority. I kinda doubt they're even a particularly large fraction.

Alright, Sheepster. Now I think you're just a summoner hater.

Why? It's because of your very faulty and disingenuous logic.

First you make the true statement:
"
IF you're asking them to do about as much work as making asecendancy classes, for the sake of one skill, and one small subset of players....Then it's too much.

You even capitalized IF. Good use of logic so far, and it's a reasonable statement.

But then you go on IN THE NEXT SENTENCE
"
YOu can't expect them to stall out the next patch and tick off a majority of players for the sake of the subset of players that use Raise Spectre.
This is also Logically true...
HOWEVER!

You are drawing an association between these two sentences (not much of a stretch). So far, in and of themselves, these two sentences in isolation do not present a great problem, except insofar as you seem to be implying that someone (your opposition in this friendly argument) wants the first-sentence condition to be met, and consequently the second sentence's conditions will necessarily come about.

HOWEVER, at the same time, you're implying very, very strongly that you happen to KNOW that what is being asked in this thread (that spectres scale to levels both above and below their creation level, instead of just below) is tantamount to asking that the amount of work needed to implement such a functionality would near the amount of work put into Ascendancy (you're simply that bad at shilling). You lack the technical knowledge to make such a bold statement (or strong implication), and if you possessed such knowledge, you would make your point immeasurably better by DEMONSTRATING that knowledge. You have completely failed to demonstrate ANY real technical knowledge of the programming of this game, beyond a very general, rumour-sounding group of assertions about queries, provided completely without factual reference.

This is shilling, and not particularly good shilling.

I-No, You misunderstand just slightly. What I'm implying is not that it DOES take that much work...I'm SAYING that YOU don't know it doesn't, and as I've said again and again...If this "solution" you all mystically think EXISTS was SO EASY....Then what logic could GGG POSSIBLY have for listening to us all whine about it?

If this is SO EASY for GGG to fix, then explain to me SOME viable reason to LEAVE it broken, to LEAVE us upset and angry. That doesn't make sense for GGG, for any coder, for any business.

Stop pretending there's some magic easy solution that GGG is somehow withholding from you. Accept that this is a REAL issue and takes REAL work to fix, or GGG would have it dealt with by now.

- Sheepster
I'll just ignore the fact that you have a problem with reading blockquotes (and using them, unfortunately, since you don't address point-for-point (which makes communication much clearer).

That was MY post that you quoted.

"
Nssheepster wrote:

I-No, You misunderstand just slightly. What I'm implying is not that it DOES take that much work...
Quite disingenuous for you to say that at this stage.
"

I'm SAYING that YOU don't know it doesn't, and as I've said again and again...If this "solution" you all mystically think EXISTS was SO EASY....Then what logic could GGG POSSIBLY have for listening to us all whine about it?
Not giving a fuck is my #2 guess. My #1 guess is that the management get sucked onto the hype train for every sound and flashy skill idea, and decide to put QoL issues on the back burner indefinitely. Oh, they'll get around to it someday, but as it was noted many times before, it took them a hell of a long time just to get player names onto the minimap.
"

If this is SO EASY for GGG to fix, then explain to me SOME viable reason to LEAVE it broken, to LEAVE us upset and angry. That doesn't make sense for GGG, for any coder, for any business.
It's not rational to our point of view, but in a sense I can sympathize. The hype train is very intoxicating and seductive, and fixing broken QoL stuff is BOOO-RINNGGGG. Maybe it would be a good idea for me to start a poll of players to see how many PoE players were initially drawn to the game SPECIFICALLY FOR the summoner archetype and how they implemented it. That is me.

I was playing Skyrim a lot around july/aug of last year, with several dead thrall mods, and I searched for "best summoner class mmo". The top of the current games happened to be Path of Exile, and it still is. No other game offers the varied and flexible summoning system that PoE does. Sure, you can have pets, as in Perfect World International, or Black Desert Online, or you can summon demons, or clay or rock golems, but nowhere else can you have zombies, flaming skulls, animated guardians created from equipment you found lying on the ground, spectral copies of monsters you have slain, golems of every stripe, animated weapons, AND skeletons! This shit is just too cool!
"

Stop pretending there's some magic easy solution that GGG is somehow withholding from you. Accept that this is a REAL issue and takes REAL work to fix, or GGG would have it dealt with by now.

I'm not the one pretending. You are the one pretending that you know the mind of the dev team. I'm just asking, loudly and persistently, for a solution to a real QoL bugaboo that's gone unaddressed for far too long. The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease!
Quoting Saltychipmunk:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info