Please scale spectres up as well as down (Or another alternative for summoner QoL)

"
[...]

What do you suppose is gonna happen when they nerf chaos conversion? The problem with this game is the devs have an anti-fun policy.
It's not the devs, it's the self-styled "hardcore" nolifers who want the game to be harder, harder and harder (at the expense of other people's fun.) Because you know what? Those hardcore no-lifers actually COMPETE against each other in this game! Yeah! I'm not kidding! They have a ladder and shit... The weirdest thing...

Anyway, Those are the people who demand nerfs to every cool OP mechanic that is discovered. Unfortunately, when GGG nerfs, they nerf HARD, and when they buff, they also tend to overbuff. So we have this continual pendulum effect of people crying out from both sides of every skill. Those saying it needs a buff one league, and those saying it is way too OP in the next. This league obviously it's spark, and Earthquake. Next league? who knows. We have some new skills coming out, and if they're strong, I have no doubt that we'll have the same crying babies demanding that it be made useless.
"
If the community is loving something that they have built into the game, they break it and whine about balancing issues. This is an on-going trend that has no end in sight.
Yeah, it's not the devs fault. They're just trying to pander to their original hardcore playerbase (and slowly failing, because you can't please everyone, and the majority of players want more power, so there's a bell curve to be observed, and no-lifers don't have a shitton of money, on average, whereas casuals will spend money on the game as part of their entertainment budget (at least I do, when I have money, and I'm a fairly un-affluent casual)
"

The devs should start opening up the map options so we can set what level we want the maps; let us play the game on our own terms much like Torchlight and Diablo do it. They wouldn't have to worry about balance issues so much if they'd rethink their approach to players' control over their own gaming experience.
I like that idea. make a thread!
"

Also, they promised us guild servers and never delivered those either.
Uhh... yeah. I don't see that happening. I hope I'm wrong.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
Nssheepster wrote:

A) Steam is not the only way to play the game...Personally I advise against trusting Steam for any game if you don't have to.

B) Again, if you think the game IS dying...Why are you still here?

Obviously Steam is not the only way to play, hence why I said "Steam numbers" but maybe you missed that.

A game dying or being dead does not prevent me from playing it or reduce it's fun. I don't require other people to validate the joy I get in playing a game. I still play NES games, Freelancer, Dungeon Siege, Forged Alliance, and so on. Hope that answers you questions.
"
joachimbond wrote:
...many words...

Thanks for the detailed response, Joachimbond.

As far the HC playerbase, why not give them what they want but without wrecking it for us? I know there are people ewho love grinding, makes them feel like they earned something I guess but I hate it. If GGG would allow us to control the tier levels, that'd allow the HC players to go crazy and be all HC and let the rest of us have our fun and blow shiz up.

I also realize that GGG can't please everyone and they do have a tough job. But like you said, that yo-yoing is annoying for everyone. Maybe they could spend some more time build-testing and less time making MTXs (if they must choose, that is) or just higher some more staff for QA.

Yeah, the server thing is a long-forgotten promise, I was just bringing it up to make a point about GGG's priorities.
Last edited by CentauriSoldier on May 22, 2016, 1:18:33 PM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Just a heads up, this happens every league. It's always been like that. Every new league you'll see a huge surge of players, after a month or two, it will die down as people chill and wait for a new league. Repeat.

I did notice that trend but don't you think there's an interpretation of that data that suggests that players may not like the mechanics of the leagues?

Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to thread high-jack. Back to summoners.

I think there's a precedent for doing something like that and that is, Animate Guardian. If I recall correctly, the guardian is linked to the player, that is, you can switch AG gems and still summon the same guardian. With up-scaling and player-tethering, specters would become very enjoyable to play. We'd also be able to do really neat monster combos that are not possible now because of the monster level problem. For example, I cannot easily keep a specter from act 2 alive in end-game maps. With up-scaling the possibilities for summoners would open up and create an entirely new play-style.
"
[...] With up-scaling the possibilities for summoners would open up and create an entirely new play-style.

You understand!
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Lmao, nice pic.

I really do, I love summoners. I played a summoner in D2 all the time :).

I wish GGG would spend a league fleshing out the details for the summoner like the current topic's suggestion as well as a tab for our minions so we can see the details of them (life, damage, crit, armour, evade, special details, blah, blah, etc.).

Also, It's be cool if we have some actual elementals, like storms or vines for example.
"
joachimbond wrote:

The very long post you put

I've one simple response to the entire thing....I didn't twist a thing. If you'd like to pretend I did, I can't stop you....But words DO have a meaning, and your words DID mean what I thought they meant. Either you need to pick the proper terms, or you're doing the usual forum troll thing, and pretending that by saying A, you really meant B. Of course anyone who points out that you said A, and doesn't answer the B you never said, didn't understand you and is clearly an idiot, right?

Or you could just say what you mean, and mean what you say. But that's crazy talk, that'd imply people value sense, honesty, and honor, and that hasn't been the case in years, right?

Don't pretend I did something I didn't, and don't waste time trying to match morals or words with ME, your wits clearly aren't up to the task.

In case you didn't notice, people lying about what I've said or what they've said, tends to tick me off. Don't do it again.

- Sheepster
Welp, at least you keep the thread up :)
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:

I've one simple response to the entire thing....I didn't twist a thing.
You implied strongly that I believe that GGG doesn't gaf, when i made it clear that I thought something else was more likely. That's enough to expose you for the trolling you've come to do. THE END.
"

In case you didn't notice, people lying about what I've said or what they've said, tends to tick me off. Don't do it again.
That's rich. Everything we both said is here to read in grey and yellow. Unless you've gone and edited your posts, and I can't be arsed to go back and check.

Nice touch, the feigned offense at the end... Bravo.

Quoting Saltychipmunk:

"
joachimbond wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:

I've one simple response to the entire thing....I didn't twist a thing.
You implied strongly that I believe that GGG doesn't gaf, when i made it clear that I thought something else was more likely. That's enough to expose you for the trolling you've come to do. THE END.
"

That's rich. Everything we both said is here to read in grey and yellow. Unless you've gone and edited your posts, and I can't be arsed to go back and check.

Nice touch, the feigned offense at the end... Bravo.

Didn't edit a thing. Don't have to, because what you've said clearly indicates you believe GGG DOESN'T GAF. "Sucked onto the hype train". If they GAF, then they'd put the players first, cuz, you know, they GAF. If they don't, then their desires, IE, the hype train, then they do as they please cuz they don't GAF.

Maybe you'd like to pretend that what you've said means something else...but you said it, more than once, and every word around it supported it. You decided to believe that GGG doesn't GAF about players and just does what they're interested in doing.

Feigned offense? Not really. And your cutesy images don't hide your intellectual issues with the concepts of diction and connotation. Or consequences, apparently.

If I say I got hit by a car, I don't really need to say I'm injured, it's 100% clear. If you say GGG is focusing on this mythical self-hype you think they have, then it's clear you think GGG values that over our concerns, and doesn't GAF. The flow from one to the next is clearer than the air in front of my face.

- Sheepster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info