Please scale spectres up as well as down (Or another alternative for summoner QoL)

"
joachimbond wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:
this has been an issue since forever, and GGG just takes in all that fat cash from ascendancy and says "let's add more features" instead of fixing shit that's been BROKEN for years?
What doesn't this apply to?

Umm... You log in and you have your weapon.

That is a privilege that my summoner characters DON'T have!

I have to hunt for mine for HOURS if i want certain ones, and usually i just have to settle for those noisy-as-fuck revenants, because someone thought it was a great idea to make spectres' strength based off the level of monster that's raised instead of the level of the one doing the raising.

Oh shit I didn't realize this vanished on log out... oh wait...

I want spectres to level up on zoning into higher maps, yeah. But as for right now, Merciless spectres are fine until they implement upleveling. For one, if they let the levels of the spectres upscale at the moment, the gem itself would need to probably be nerfed. I can run up to about tier 11 maps with my summons feeling fine. If they upscaled at the very moment, they'd rofl stomp pretty much everything. The gem seems to be compensating for the lack of upscaling currently, so the spectres are tolerable right now considering it takes a minute of desecration to find the bodies you need until you find a map with them. If you are taking hours just to make your summoner setup. Ouch.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Really, Pleiades? You run around and kill mobs with that POS?

Try harder if you're trying to be funny.

Think harder if you're trying to be constructive.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"

I want spectres to level up on zoning into higher maps, yeah. But as for right now, Merciless spectres are fine until they implement upleveling. For one, if they let the levels of the spectres upscale at the moment, the gem itself would need to probably be nerfed. I can run up to about tier 11 maps with my summons feeling fine. If they upscaled at the very moment, they'd rofl stomp pretty much everything. The gem seems to be compensating for the lack of upscaling currently, so the spectres are tolerable right now considering it takes a minute of desecration to find the bodies you need until you find a map with them. If you are taking hours just to make your summoner setup. Ouch.

Yeah well I want to run with undying incinerators, and that's a 3G 3B chest setup for me. On an int-based chest. You know how rare it is to find incinerators above level 63? way too fucking rare. i encounter them on maybe 15% of the maps I know they can spawn in.

As i said, i'm damn lucky to have 2 white sockets on my chest piece.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on May 9, 2016, 8:16:28 PM
"
joachimbond wrote:
"

Yeah well I want to run with undying incinerators, and that's a 3G 3B chest setup for me. On an int-based chest. You know how rare it is to find incinerators above level 63? way too fucking rare. i encounter them on maybe 15% of the maps I know they can spawn in.

Used to use incinerators at one point. They were fine using Crematorium spawns, they just don't play as smoothly as bubbles or revenants and tend to die easier because of their ai.

Dunno what the socket complaint is for. Completely different issue.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
"
joachimbond wrote:
"

Used to use incinerators at one point. They were fine using Crematorium spawns, they just don't play as smoothly as bubbles or revenants and tend to die easier because of their ai.

Dunno what the socket complaint is for. Completely different issue.

Bubbles, spiders, fire hankies, fire bombers, they all use different socket colors for their optimal setup. I thought you would know that.

And you can't compare level 63 fire bombers with lv 70 spiders. Really there is no comparison. Their AI is fine. They're just weak and squishy. You would know that if you'd ever used level 73 fire bombers in a tier 11 map. edit: and compared that with how the level 63 fire bombers fare
Quoting Saltychipmunk:

Last edited by joachimbond on May 9, 2016, 8:25:30 PM
Wait a minute... does joachimbond not use Desecrate to generate corpses?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I'm right here, no need to refer to me in 3rd person.

of course i use desecrate. sheesh
Quoting Saltychipmunk:

"
joachimbond wrote:

Bubbles, spiders, fire hankies, fire bombers, they all use different socket colors for their optimal setup. I thought you would know that.

And you can't compare level 63 fire bombers with lv 70 spiders. Really there is no comparison. Their AI is fine. They're just weak and squishy. You would know that if you'd ever used level 73 fire bombers in a tier 11 map. edit: and compared that with how the level 63 fire bombers fare

Still don't see the problem with the sockets. You need different colors for different spectres. What does it have to do with upscaling spectres? Secondly, I used incinerators before revenants came out. Bubbles simply were better and played better with others so I personally just don't use incinerators was all I was saying, their ai did suck when I tried em.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
"
joachimbond wrote:

Still don't see the problem with the sockets. You need different colors for different spectres.
The problem is: if i can't find incinerators, I have to swap to revenants or bubbles. That means different support gems. That means different colors needed on my chest piece. But it's not a problem for me since i have 2 white sockets. BUT I can imagine it's a huge problem for someone who doesn't have that luxury. Very expensive to put 3G 3B on an ES chest, every time you (yay) find your firebombers. Then having to change it to 1G 5B for your spiders when you can't. I don't see how you don't see this is a problem. Unless you're sitting on 63,000 chroms and don't care how many you burn.
"
What does it have to do with upscaling spectres?
Upscaling spectres means i get to keep the type I want, and don't have to switch around because RNGesus says "no incinerators for you today"
"
Secondly, I used incinerators before revenants came out. Bubbles simply were better and played better with others so I personally just don't use incinerators was all I was saying, their ai did suck when I tried em.
I think they must have polished the AI some because I find them very nice to play with. The only problem is the short delay of their fire traps (not as bad as the alchemists) but i can live with that.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Desecrate corpse levels can only be as high as the zone you are in.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info