Please scale spectres up as well as down (Or another alternative for summoner QoL)

Summoners had been forever ignored . When they got powerfull ofc , they got nerfed and the spectres got nerfed to the ground . Every other build can stay OP for years but not summoners they have to be broken and unfun to play .

GGG clearly doesn't like us to play summoners .
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on May 16, 2016, 8:26:48 PM
"
tryhardgg wrote:
Summoners had been forever ignored . When they got powerfull ofc , they got nerfed and the spectres got nerfed to the ground . Every other build can stay OP for years but not summoners they have to be broken and unfun to play .

GGG clearly doesn't like us to play summoners .

Sad cuz it's true.

Revenant even after the new node (100% life and damage) still never gets back to their early 2.0 state. The rest are just as crappy as ever.

Necromancer as a class is not bad (so many casters going Necro just for Offering node, especially in HC), but summoner gems/mechanics are both outdated and terrible. There is not a single phase in the game that summoner is good at. Leveling is very slow as minions die constantly and deal pitiful damage; you better just grab a 3L Firestorm. End game is limited with bad map clear speed and mediocre damage. Hell, even 3L Flameblast clear map faster than Low life classic summoner with 6L spectres and 6 auras!

Bump
+
Guys, for the love of all that's holy and sane...This thread offers a complaint, but NO WAY for GGG to GIVE YOU what you WANT.

You need a way for GGG to DO what you are asking, and you've not provided one. Whatever fix you suggest needs to deal with the level issue, with being OP or UP. It needs to allow you to choose monster type somehow, for player preference and/or synergies. It also needs to allow you to get Spectres without chasing to whatever zone they come from naturally. Most importantly, it needs to be viable without GGG having to add a new function to the game or recode a major portion of the game.

I think my suggestion has done this.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663050/page/1/#p13286416

Take a look, and please, for the sake of my sanity and not cluttering the threads...Don't make a post saying there's an issue, without suggesting any way to fix said issue. A REASONABLE way to fix said issue, as GGG only has so many people and so much time, and expecting massive recodes is just not going to happen.

- Sheepster
I don't see how this thread is not offering a solution. It's right there in the title. It's a pretty easy and straight forward one as well that does not depend on any sort of fancy mechanic that would need to be implemented.

When it comes to persistence: there is an equally simple solution -- just don't let them die on logout (see animate guardian) and possibly make them re-animatable.
IMO it would be so EASY TO FIX.

Look at desecrate gem.. it literally scales up to lvl 100 corpse. When using detonate dead It therefore means that your dps will never fall off because you will always spawn a corpse of the appropriate level.

Why can't Raise spectre work similarly. I.E the gem takes properties from desecrate in that as you level it will say something like "summon spectres up to level 40 etc etc " and with that mechanism if I go to a lvl 35 zone, my minions will scale down to 35 and if I go to a 40 zone they go back up to 40. Just as how when desecrating for detonate dead you can't spawn lvl 75 hp corpses to help someone defeat normal malachai.

We must accept a penalty for this IMO. I know 80+ spectres are opop but lets settle for a maximum of lvl 78 spectres. That way no matter if I logout/crash If I go to crematorium and summon incinerators and go back into my village ruin map they WILL be lvl 78 rather than 63.

Last edited by JusJev on May 18, 2016, 12:44:32 PM
"
JusJev wrote:
IMO it would be so EASY TO FIX.

Look at desecrate gem.. it literally scales up to lvl 100 corpse. When using detonate dead It therefore means that your dps will never fall off because you will always spawn a corpse of the appropriate level.

Why can't Raise spectre work similarly. I.E the gem takes properties from desecrate in that as you level it will say something like "summon spectres up to level 40 etc etc " and with that mechanism if I go to a lvl 35 zone, my minions will scale down to 35 and if I go to a 40 zone they go back up to 40. Just as how when desecrating for detonate dead you can't spawn lvl 75 hp corpses to help someone defeat normal malachai.

We must accept a penalty for this IMO. I know 80+ spectres are opop but lets settle for a maximum of lvl 78 spectres. That way no matter if I logout/crash If I go to crematorium and summon incinerators and go back into my village ruin map they WILL be lvl 78 rather than 63.

That's not easy because the game doesn't query YOUR level when you enter a zone. The game doesn't HAVE that function, so it ISN'T easy. Also locking your spectres to L78, NOT easy, no.

As far as the guy with the Animate Guardian suggestion...I'd suspect that that's coded as a tag to the items themselves, so NO, that wouldn't be easy for Spectres.

The game has no way IN it, right now, to MAKE your Spectres change level when you enter a zone, and it has NO way to query YOUR level for the Spectre's level. It's not IN the game, and expecting them to ADD that just for one skill would be way more work than any one skill is worth.

Also...Descrate CAN raise up to 100...but it's locked to ZONE level. So it doesn't ACTUALLY scale, it simply queries the ZONE level, not your level.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
JusJev wrote:
Also...Descrate CAN raise up to 100...but it's locked to ZONE level. So it doesn't ACTUALLY scale, it simply queries the ZONE level, not your level.

again I don't know if that's true, but what I read before regarding the topic of scaling, maplevel is a multiplicator in %.

every mob has a selection of "full" stats; health, speeds, damage, mana, etc etc pp.
when you raise or explode the corpses, the skill "looks up" the stats from the database and multiplicates it by the level.

totally wild guess example:
1000hp full health * 0.33 map, level cap is 33 = 330hp base explosion damage
Last edited by fusurugi on May 18, 2016, 9:20:14 PM
"
fusurugi wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
JusJev wrote:

again I don't know if that's true, but what I read before regarding the topic of scaling, maplevel is a multiplicator in %.

every mob has a selection of "full" stats; health, speeds, damage, mana, etc etc pp.
when you raise or explode the corpses, the skill "looks up" the stats from the database and multiplicates it by the level.

totally wild guess example:
1000hp full health * 0.33 map, level cap is 33 = 330hp base explosion damage

A, a bit of a misqouting there, as I didn't type that, XD.

B, more importantly...If that WAS true, then you'd be saying GGG has to do the coding equivalent of adding an up button on a down only elevator. You'd be actively saying that GGG could simply add that existing function to spectres, just setting up a call to the same function, and the whole problem wold be fixed....At which point the obvious issue comes up.

Do you really think, if GGG could fix it so simply, that they really wouldn't have done it by now? Forget if you like GGG or not, forget catering to your player base, or balance....GGG would've done it just to shut us all up, if it was REALLY that easy.

C, Do we have any reason to believe this? At all? It seems like an unlikely way to code it anyways, a bit...untenable, and liable to need a LOT of fine tuning. For a sustainable game they'd be better off taking the time in the first place and simply making a version of that monster for every level, and just having the game call up the type and the stats for the zone level and rarity. It sounds like more work, but in the end it'd cause less issue and be easier to change later, especially as there aren't a ton of mob types, and there isn't infinite scaling.

EDIT: Okay, Edit system is just off. Forget my A.

- Sheepster
Last edited by Nssheepster on May 18, 2016, 10:17:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info