Please scale spectres up as well as down (Or another alternative for summoner QoL)

"
Nssheepster wrote:

The game has no way IN it, right now, to MAKE your Spectres change level when you enter a zone, and it has NO way to query YOUR level for the Spectre's level. It's not IN the game, and expecting them to ADD that just for one skill would be way more work than any one skill is worth.

Also...Descrate CAN raise up to 100...but it's locked to ZONE level. So it doesn't ACTUALLY scale, it simply queries the ZONE level, not your level.

Actually spectres are an important part of summoning so I do not believe its asking too much for them to add that. The game has all the monster life/damage information under normal settings (no map mods) so I do not think it is too tedious or beyond the GGG staff to incorporate that to make Raise Spectre less stressful.
Last edited by JusJev on May 18, 2016, 10:21:21 PM
Why the fuck would anyone think it's asking too much? Is this real life right now? Summoners right now are ass and I'm a veteran summoner in fact I always play an MF summoner every fucking league before transitioning into a main char.

Anything will help them.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
- Bump -

Also, minions/aura's that stay thru DC/Re log.

Where's that 2nd action bar that was talked about with V2? (NOT ENOUGH BUTTONS for summoners!)

Option to set Anti-Guard on a passive mode, (Even if gem) as it'd be nice to build him as a 'buff stick' not a suicide guy that dose crap N lose's armor sets.

Actually a 'protect me only' gem, would be nice so could chose zombies to be my guards etc.
"
Why the fuck would anyone think it's asking too much? Is this real life right now? Summoners right now are ass and I'm a veteran summoner in fact I always play an MF summoner every fucking league before transitioning into a main char.

Anything will help them.

I-NO...IF you're asking them to do about as much work as making asecendancy classes, for the sake of one skill, and one small subset of players....Then it's too much. YOu can't expect them to stall out the next patch and tick off a majority of players for the sake of the subset of players that use Raise Spectre. It's just plain unreasonable, and they ARE a business, so they need the MAJORITY of players happy. Compared to all the other players in the game...Spectre players aren't a massive amount, really.

I GET that this needs a fix. I don't expect them to put THIS on their top priority list, however, as Spectre players aren't a majority. I kinda doubt they're even a particularly large fraction.

- Sheepster
I completely agree, they specters need to scale on char lvl or something. It's currently impossible to lvl as a specter summoner, forcing you to play boring caster builds or srs. It really negates from the game, every time I have to lvl a summoner I cringe at the thought.

Also reloging, and dcing should not remove the specters, this is such an annoyance. I really hope GGG makes summoners quality of life better, bc as it is I really hate playing my favorite character. Especially having to grind him up to maps/ and having to get through crazy Derresso and Koam to get 78 specters, no other class has to do that.
"
bob2006 wrote:
I completely agree, they specters need to scale on char lvl or something. It's currently impossible to lvl as a specter summoner, forcing you to play boring caster builds or srs. It really negates from the game, every time I have to lvl a summoner I cringe at the thought.

Also reloging, and dcing should not remove the specters, this is such an annoyance. I really hope GGG makes summoners quality of life better, bc as it is I really hate playing my favorite character. Especially having to grind him up to maps/ and having to get through crazy Derresso and Koam to get 78 specters, no other class has to do that.

And how do you suggest they fix that for you?

- Sheepster
"

Well as I suggested scaling specters off player lvl or skillgem (like zombies). That way when you find the ones you like you can play to end game content with them.
Having to resummon specters after dc or alf4 could be easily fixed by setting a timer of like 15 min or something before they despawn. Or even treating them like Animate Guardian where unless they die you can resummon them by activating the skill.
Last edited by bob2006 on May 19, 2016, 3:17:19 PM
"
bob2006 wrote:
"

Well as I suggested scaling specters off player lvl. That way when you find the ones you like you can play to end game content with them.
Having to resummon specters after dc or alf4 could be easily fixed by setting a timer of like 15 min or something before they despawn. Or even treating them like Animate Guardian where unless they die you can resummon them by activating the skill.

A) And how do they put that scaling, that the game doesn't have, into the game without causing other issues or stalling out the next patch?

B) It's really not that simple, as they have no way in the game to "save" that data right now. The Animate Guardian suggestion MIGHT work...Except Animate Guardian is simply saving the items, really, not a monster. As you still OWN the items, the game is most likely simply storing them in a hidden inventory area, and drawing them out to make the guardian again.

C) Better ideas are need, sadly.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
Spoiler
"
bob2006 wrote:
"

Well as I suggested scaling specters off player lvl. That way when you find the ones you like you can play to end game content with them.

A) And how do they put that scaling, that the game doesn't have, into the game without causing other issues or stalling out the next patch?

B) It's really not that simple, as they have no way in the game to "save" that data right now. The Animate Guardian suggestion MIGHT work...Except Animate Guardian is simply saving the items, really, not a monster. As you still OWN the items, the game is most likely simply storing them in a hidden inventory area, and drawing them out to make the guardian again.

C) Better ideas are need, sadly.

You what ?
There obviously is scaling. If you really think up-scaling would work completely different from down-scaling and is somehow extremely difficult to implement - it isn't - but still, let me refer to map mods that include random monster types from different zones and things like invasion.

It's really that simple.
Well they do have some form scaling otherwise they wouldn't be able to nerf the specters down to the lvl of the map you are in. I wouldn't mind if they made the summy more gear dependent by adding some gear scaling.
Some other people (on another thread) suggested storing the specters in a currency like item.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info