Please scale spectres up as well as down (Or another alternative for summoner QoL)

"
dyneol wrote:

You what ?
There obviously is scaling. If you really think up-scaling would work completely different from down-scaling and is somehow extremely difficult to implement - it isn't - but still, let me refer to map mods that include random monster types from different zones and things like invasion.

It's really that simple.

I really do think up scaling is different. A), Because it IS. B), because if it wasn't, then you're saying GGG has put off making a minor, day or less of work, change in, for no apparent reason for...How long has this been an issue? Even if you don't think GGG cares about the players...They'd have done it by now simply to shut us up.

Every time you find yourself thinking "Oh this fix is so easy" Stop, and go, "Well, the Devs aren't idiots, so if it WAS that easy, it'd be done by now, if only to stop the whining."

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:

You what ?
There obviously is scaling. If you really think up-scaling would work completely different from down-scaling and is somehow extremely difficult to implement - it isn't - but still, let me refer to map mods that include random monster types from different zones and things like invasion.

It's really that simple.

I really do think up scaling is different. A), Because it IS. B), because if it wasn't, then you're saying GGG has put off making a minor, day or less of work, change in, for no apparent reason for...How long has this been an issue? Even if you don't think GGG cares about the players...They'd have done it by now simply to shut us up.

Every time you find yourself thinking "Oh this fix is so easy" Stop, and go, "Well, the Devs aren't idiots, so if it WAS that easy, it'd be done by now, if only to stop the whining."
You are wrong. Oh, you are so wrong. Read my signature, lol.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:

You what ?

It's really that simple.

I think they need to rethink specters. I really don't mind buying maps for specific specters but if I buy the map they should ALWAYS spawn.

Its not hard to code desecrate to have specific mobs randomly spawn always. I don't mind having to buy the map. I do mind having to buy 4 maps to get the the specter I need.
"
silumit wrote:

I read your signature, and my immediate first thought is..."Who cares? If you don't know where people are you've got your own dang issues." Seriously, are you ACTUALLY falling so far behind your party that you need a name? I really can't fathom how a NAME would be a such BIG issue for a majority of players that would it be ANYWHERE NEAR their top priority. That's like saying "Oh this was an obnoxious color, everyone whined but it took two years to fix!" So what, it's not at all important, they've got bigger fish to fry here.

Devs do, you know, have PRIORITIES. Names on the minimap aren't a top of the list item. I'd suggest changing your whiny signature to a genuine, viable complaint that people will empathize with, because that really just makes YOU look bad, not them.

- Sheepster
Is there even a good reason for spectre's being scaled down in the first place? No other skill in the game changes based on the level of zone.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:

You what ?

It's really that simple.

I really do think up scaling is different. A), Because it IS. B), because if it wasn't, then you're saying GGG has put off making a minor, day or less of work, change in, for no apparent reason for...How long has this been an issue?

I don't think there are any technical problems with monster scaling, they certainly don't do this by hand every time they need an area of certain level populated by monsters of certain level. That would be a lot of unnecessary work, very few games with dynamic content do it that way, maybe even none, there are just so many ways you can screw it up.

The reason is specters were extremely powerful once so spectre hunt was a way to balance it, there's probably no reason for it anymore so I'd guess we can expect this change at some point.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Amen !
"
The reason is specters were extremely powerful once so spectre hunt was a way to balance it, there's probably no reason for it anymore so I'd guess we can expect this change at some point.

This, and the fact that almost every league is a counter to the summoner. I would have no problem if they were to buff the specters to where they are extremely powerful and going through the annoyance of summoning them pays off.
"
Nssheepster wrote:
Guys, for the love of all that's holy and sane...This thread offers a complaint, but NO WAY for GGG to GIVE YOU what you WANT.

You need a way for GGG to DO what you are asking, and you've not provided one. Whatever fix you suggest needs to deal with the level issue, with being OP or UP. It needs to allow you to choose monster type somehow, for player preference and/or synergies. It also needs to allow you to get Spectres without chasing to whatever zone they come from naturally. Most importantly, it needs to be viable without GGG having to add a new function to the game or recode a major portion of the game.

I think my suggestion has done this.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663050/page/1/#p13286416

Take a look, and please, for the sake of my sanity and not cluttering the threads...Don't make a post saying there's an issue, without suggesting any way to fix said issue. A REASONABLE way to fix said issue, as GGG only has so many people and so much time, and expecting massive recodes is just not going to happen.

Sheepster, here's the fuckin' solution:

replace "if spectre_moblvl>area_lvl, set spectre_moblvl=area_lvl"
with "set spectre_moblvl=area_lvl"

Of course I'm not a programmer, so the implementation of this method is probably more complex than I've imagined it to be. But maybe it isn't, because we aren't privy to the code!

Is that enough for you to quit complaining that I haven't offered a WAY?

With your solution, have you offered coding for the individual skill gems that would be tied to mob types? NO. I don't complain on your thread; please don't complain on mine.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
Nssheepster wrote:

That's not easy because the game doesn't query YOUR level when you enter a zone. The game doesn't HAVE that function, so it ISN'T easy. Also locking your spectres to L78, NOT easy, no.

As far as the guy with the Animate Guardian suggestion...I'd suspect that that's coded as a tag to the items themselves, so NO, that wouldn't be easy for Spectres.

The game has no way IN it, right now, to MAKE your Spectres change level when you enter a zone,
It's already doing that, Sheepster. Spectres change level every time you enter a map of lower level than the one you created them in. Please don't tell me that you weren't aware of that, when you were just now telling us about your inside information to what queries the game makes and doesn't make as to the level of entrants.
"
and it has NO way to query YOUR level for the Spectre's level. It's not IN the game, and expecting them to ADD that just for one skill would be way more work than any one skill is worth.
I agree. But the change-spectre-level functionality is already in use. It's there. It always has been as long as I have been playing (less than a year)
"

Also...Descrate CAN raise up to 100...but it's locked to ZONE level. So it doesn't ACTUALLY scale, it simply queries the ZONE level, not your level.
Maybe, with your knowledge, you could tell us how the current function of lowering spectre level to zone level is done, so that we the community can hammer out a viable solution to allow them to scale up as well, that the coders need only polish and implement.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info