Please scale spectres up as well as down (Or another alternative for summoner QoL)

Not giving a hoot isn't really GGG's style. Nor is "getting sucked onto the hype train", as there is so little hype about anything but a new league(and its peripherals). If you really want to think that GGG can fix this easily and is ignoring you all, go for it...But that begs an immediate question: If you truly believe they don't care about this large issue with a skill gem...Why are you still here? Games managed that way always die, invariably, so why stay around to watch it fall? If you believe the players aren't cared about...why would you want to be a player? Your stated beliefs and your actions are in conflict.

I don't really want an answer...I simply want you to make sense of it yourself. Also, if you are right, and GGG doesn't care/isn't going to bother...Then by your own logic, your post would do nothing, as it cannot and will not make GGG care/bother. If you are right, then this thread, and every single one like it, is a waste of text, as they will have zero effect on GGG's practices and decisions.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
...If you truly believe they don't care about this large issue with a skill gem...Why are you still here? Games managed that way always die, invariably, so why stay around to watch it fall?

If you think this game is not dying, look at these numbers for steam players.
http://steamcharts.com/app/238960

When the league started, they jumped from almost 6,000 players to 16,700, then in April they dropped to 10,600 and in may, they're down to 6,800 players. The expansion and new league promised a lot but didn't deliver anything but massive lag spikes and a labyrinth that, at least, half the community wants nothing to do with.

What do you suppose is gonna happen when they nerf chaos conversion? The problem with this game is the devs have an anti-fun policy. If the community is loving something that they have built into the game, they break it and whine about balancing issues. This is an on-going trend that has no end in sight.

The devs should start opening up the map options so we can set what level we want the maps; let us play the game on our own terms much like Torchlight and Diablo do it. They wouldn't have to worry about balance issues so much if they'd rethink their approach to players' control over their own gaming experience.

Also, they promised us guild servers and never delivered those either.
Last edited by CentauriSoldier on May 22, 2016, 12:43:09 AM
"
Catarina could sell corpses lvl 100 (like a ho decoration) which allow us to summon our spectres.

Actually it would be cool if she held our err nonliving spectres between sessions. That and being able to get set spectres from desecrating on maps and I would be happy as a clam. though to be honest just buying 4-5 level 6 maps isn't a big deal now for me.

4 aura spectres with 60+ resist are pretty solid now except for some bosses and while I lose the content its not a game breaker for me.
Be happy that they even bother with fixing summoners , be happy for the small fixed that you get because some of us waited for these for years .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Nssheepster wrote:
Not giving a hoot isn't really GGG's style.

Of course it isn't, but they have limited resources, a crowded to-do list and developing new skills probably does draw more players back than fixing old ones. Some skills have been borderline usable for years which means they're either low on the priority list or that they're actually happy with the way a skill works.

For instance, we've been asking for animate guardian buffs ever since it came out, however since they made him durable enough he does fill a certain role and is getting used a fair deal. Sure, he could be designed better (for instance replacing his gem damage bonus with a large defensive bonus so his equipped items matter more) and could use some quality of life improvements (like a console command that links his equipped items in chat window), but it's still a useful skill and probably considered to be working as intended.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
As somebody who's played summoner almost exclusively since open beta, I support this. :)
I'd love to finally see 'permanent' spectres, similar to how Animate Guardian works.
this is a good idea.
"
Spoiler
"
Nssheepster wrote:
...If you truly believe they don't care about this large issue with a skill gem...Why are you still here? Games managed that way always die, invariably, so why stay around to watch it fall?

If you think this game is not dying, look at these numbers for steam players.
http://steamcharts.com/app/238960

When the league started, they jumped from almost 6,000 players to 16,700, then in April they dropped to 10,600 and in may, they're down to 6,800 players. The expansion and new league promised a lot but didn't deliver anything but massive lag spikes and a labyrinth that, at least, half the community wants nothing to do with.

What do you suppose is gonna happen when they nerf chaos conversion? The problem with this game is the devs have an anti-fun policy. If the community is loving something that they have built into the game, they break it and whine about balancing issues. This is an on-going trend that has no end in sight.

The devs should start opening up the map options so we can set what level we want the maps; let us play the game on our own terms much like Torchlight and Diablo do it. They wouldn't have to worry about balance issues so much if they'd rethink their approach to players' control over their own gaming experience.

Also, they promised us guild servers and never delivered those either.

A) Steam is not the only way to play the game...Personally I advise against trusting Steam for any game if you don't have to.

B) Again, if you think the game IS dying...Why are you still here?

- Sheepster
"

When the league started, they jumped from almost 6,000 players to 16,700, then in April they dropped to 10,600 and in may, they're down to 6,800 players.

Just a heads up, this happens every league. It's always been like that. Every new league you'll see a huge surge of players, after a month or two, it will die down as people chill and wait for a new league. Repeat.
"
Nssheepster wrote:
Not giving a hoot isn't really GGG's style. Nor is "getting sucked onto the hype train", as there is so little hype about anything but a new league(and its peripherals).
You're obviously not an old-style computer nerd. They get hyped about the possibility of bringing something technically challenging into existence. It's how they're wired. The guys who were responsible for perandus packs, for all the headache they caused the players, I'm sure were jizzing their pants at work every day. That kind of shit is FUN with a capital FUCKING, if you're a computer nerd. So I know you're not one.
"
If you really want to think that GGG can fix this easily and is ignoring you all, go for it...But that begs an immediate question: If you truly believe they don't care about this large issue with a skill gem...
Here you are with the twisting of my words again. So disingenuous and you LOVE to beat on your strawmen.
"
Why are you still here? Games managed that way always die, invariably, so why stay around to watch it fall?
Because I'm like a crack addict, man! I gotta have my fix. I tried staying away when the lab launched and lasted about a week.
"
If you believe the players aren't cared about...why would you want to be a player? Your stated beliefs and your actions are in conflict.
Addiction is an irrational behavior. I never claimed to be behaving rationally.
"

I don't really want an answer...I simply want you to make sense of it yourself.
Too fucking bad, sunshine. You've pissed me off in the only way to really do that: you've twisted my words. So, I will continue to respond to your bullshit point for point, while you shitpost in a blob at the bottom, making me look smarter and yourself look dumber all the while. See, I know how this ego thing works.
"
Also, if you are right, and GGG doesn't care/isn't going to bother...
Gee, I thought I said that my number 1 guess was the hype train. Oh that's right, I DID!
"
Then by your own logic, your post would do nothing, as it cannot and will not make GGG care/bother.
Squeaky wheel.... you can't underestimate the power of the squeaky wheel. In fact that just gave me a great idea for a unique item. If i ever get flush enough with cash, I'll name it Sheepster's Squeaky Wheel, in honor of you. And of course, It will be a spectre-oriented item. (no, just kidding about all that, but it sounded funny dinnit?)
"
If you are right
No, if your twisted version of what I said is right
"
, then this thread, and every single one like it, is a waste of text, as they will have zero effect on GGG's practices and decisions.
Whatever you say, man.

Squeak, squeak!
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info