Why GGG doesnt want 2WEEK race to be SSF?

Because nobody is stopping SSF players from playing SSF. I think it speaks a lot to your psychology if you feel the need to FORCE others to play like you when nobody has ever forced you not to play SSF.

Now if it's recognition you desire. Then maybe GGG should give players the option to declare their character SSF, thus preventing that character from trading, partying, or picking up items that another player has dropped on the ground.

In exchange you get an alternate art skin with 5x skin transfers. Or some special "hey look I'm SSF mtx" that can only be placed on SSF characters. Would that make you happy? I think even I would be convinced to try it out if I got a cool mtx for it.
"
The botting and rmt account owners are making the difference in the voting percentage unfortunately.

Unfortunately you are completely right about this, Sir.

Since it's not mentioned in the official post whether a newly created (after that post) account can vote or not, those botting and rmt companies can easily create tons of accounts to drive the result to their benefit - anything but SSF.
Cogito, ergo, sum.
"
Maswasnos wrote:
I think the question should be "Why would GGG ever want a SSF event at all?"

They've put lots of time into creating trade features and balancing the game around trade. Why would they go to all that trouble only to throw all those things away for a league/2week?

Regardless, the community seems to have spoken, and SSF has lost (good riddance). I wasn't going to play in the race when it was just Perandus, and I certainly won't if it's going to be SSF. I will probably play if it's a flashback, though.

You are noking rigbt ? Whole tradesystem is based on the unpaid poetrade guy
Tradefeatures my ASS filter is made unpaid aswell cant wait till the particle control guy gets shafted aswell

Poe is virtuell pride look at my mtx and be jealous there would be no point having mtx if nobody except yourselve sees them from a buisness pov ....thats why there will never be an official ssf
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on May 3, 2016, 6:04:35 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
Face your fears, Logen Ninefingers

Oh, I would probably play just to try it out. Haven't played SSF since my first days in PoE, it'll be interesting to see how well I'll do. But I'm pretty sure it'll get boring fast and it'll be an overall failure.

The problem to me would be the Solo part. I see why they enforce it - because with parties, even if you disable the Trade window you can still have drop trades and so on. But although I play basically SF [don't trade; but I'll look for levelling gear from guild stash if desperate for an upgrade] I don't necessarily prefer playing solo, without the company of guildmates. Indeed it rules out my favourite regular groups.
It'd make more sense to me if currency was BoA, basically usable for crafting or masters only, so trade if any had to be truly barter-based. I don't see any obvious SoJ in here, although maybe something would emerge. But this would allow party play without permitting trade.

Playing SF mostly means the first build has to be a caster because you can play one without specific gear. And although levelling to 90 with nothing better than a 4L is a pain, it's doable.
That's the real drawback, I only get to play a melee (or archer) build if I happen to drop a really decent weapon with the caster; I've tried several times starting the other way and by A4C it's just too painful. If crafting actually existed, and they hadn't nerfed the sash recipe and hybrid weapon mods from masters (because "economy", presumably) then it might be more viable. As for "crafting" a 5L on any piece not for end-game...
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
I recently stopped my SSF misery and this game is more fun now, no need to run 150x docks to do dried lake and 150x dried lake to do maps, chasing that 1 alch item that caps my resists/gives other stats :P

and Perandus was the first league ever that i had ALL my gems before level 86-92 (the horror :D), too bad the league itself is kinda boring.
d:-D*
"
BearCares wrote:
Because nobody is stopping SSF players from playing SSF. I think it speaks a lot to your psychology if you feel the need to FORCE others to play like you when nobody has ever forced you not to play SSF.

my words, totally agree. i dont actually understand why people want SSF. we already have race seasons and there like 97% of the races are SSF.
those races have all kind of durations but i dont see the fun in playing 2 weeks solo. 1h yeah, 2h, 8h, 48h, absolutely cool for SSF but 2 weeks is too much.

if someone really wants to experience long time SSF then he can just play the normal game like that.

another thing is, perandus league is running for some time now already and i dont think i would play a perandus league again (already starting to struggle with the normal league to keep me motivated and SSF wud only make it double boring), but flashback brings a great change there.
and arent flashback the best leagues anyways? if GGG offers us flashback we shudnt even think twice.
"
rushjo wrote:
"
BearCares wrote:

my words, totally agree. i dont actually understand why people want SSF. we already have race seasons and there like 97% of the races are SSF.
those races have all kind of durations but i dont see the fun in playing 2 weeks solo. 1h yeah, 2h, 8h, 48h, absolutely cool for SSF but 2 weeks is too much.

if someone really wants to experience long time SSF then he can just play the normal game like that.

another thing is, perandus league is running for some time now already and i dont think i would play a perandus league again (already starting to struggle with the normal league to keep me motivated and SSF wud only make it double boring), but flashback brings a great change there.
and arent flashback the best leagues anyways? if GGG offers us flashback we shudnt even think twice.

I have a feeling these guys that think that there is not a need to "FORCE" a level-playing field do not understand the concept of competitive gaming very well.

When you introduce a ladder system/a scoreboard/a ranking system/race system/or even an achievement system... you've introduced competition to your game.

When you've introduced competition, it's imperative that you ensure that competition is FAIR. That means everyone on the starting line has no perceivable unfair advantage over another. No cheating/hacking/wall-hacks/aimbots/Steroids.

edit: This is why a large part of League of Legends community is up in arms right now at the exclusion of a Solo League and Riot forcing down Dynamic Queues into its players' throats. Solo Q is simply a better level-playing field to access rankings.
Last edited by fraggleroc on May 3, 2016, 8:06:08 AM
"
SirSid wrote:
I think it's cuz solo self found is boring to many players at this point.

Most of us started playing PoE in a solo self found way , i know for sure I was one of the folks who would fall into this catagory. I played a bunch of builds solo self found when i first started the game however solo self found really dose have limitations in build diversity , and crafting ability of the player .

Trading is a easy solution to many of these problems. Simply put it makes the game more fun , and alowes players to further explore the game.

Sure for some of us vets we don't need that anymore and WANT to play SSF becuse it adds a new layer of difficulty to the game , but we already have all the info under our belt of what items do what and how they function togheter , cuz we learned that in a trade enviroment. Also thare is nothing preventing anyone at any time to play the game SSF , why people insist on having some kind of set rule for this is beyond me ( o wait it's not beyond me , they want SSF so they can then strengthen thare case to incresses drop rates so they are handed evreything they want instantly with no work " GGG i am playing SSF and in 90 levels i did not get the item i need to make this 1 build i have my heart set on FIX YOUR DROP RATES YOU JERKS !!!! " )

This is exacly the reason for making it SSF, you think casuals have ANY chance to be in those 25 top each ascendency ? No they have 0 chance. Its a race league, competition is only between us VETS. Casuals dont matter at all, they work only as cheap way to gain resources after reaching high maps in a first day.

When we finally know its a race between veterans, how to make it harder for us to increase competitive aspect of the game ? Yea SSF would work great.

But GGG doesnt care about competitive aspect of races, they want to sell "more hats", and hats dont sell well when most knows from the start they lost.

Thats why they added this avail of "random X players get rewarded", to create semi carrot on the stick. Its not a true race league. Its next trash "buy more hats" play from GGG...

Disappointed.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on May 3, 2016, 8:06:04 AM
Yep
Just look at those people following havoc in the start of perandus

In race they could all be carried by the same shit and end up winning the demigod for their class

Sff ensure that what you earned, wether levels or gear, you owe it to your skills not a carrier or by feeding a super OP dude with items to make him more OP

The prizes are individual, therefore group shouldn't have an incidencw
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
fraggleroc wrote:
I have a feeling these guys that think that there is not a need to "FORCE" a level-playing field do not understand the concept of competitive gaming very well.

When you introduce a ladder system/a scoreboard/a ranking system/race system/or even an achievement system... you've introduced competition to your game.

When you've introduced competition, it's imperative that you ensure that competition is FAIR. That means everyone on the starting line has no perceivable unfair advantage over another. No cheating/hacking/wall-hacks/aimbots/Steroids.

edit: This is why a large part of League of Legends community is up in arms right now at the exclusion of a Solo League and Riot forcing down Dynamic Queues into its players' throats. Solo Q is simply a better level-playing field to access rankings.

So what you're saying is, that as long as it's okay to forcefully sacrifice the majority of players into a certain play style that their not interested in everything is a go. I'm sorry how selfish is that?

Sure you might not receive the same recognition for you're preferred play style but at least it's still an option that you can make. Having everyone forced into SSF, there's no other option for those not interested in that event.

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Yep
Just look at those people following havoc in the start of perandus

In race they could all be carried by the same shit and end up winning the demigod for their class

Sff ensure that what you earned, wether levels or gear, you owe it to your skills not a carrier or by feeding a super OP dude with items to make him more OP

The prizes are individual, therefore group shouldn't have an incidencw

Yeah.. life isn't fair. I don't know what to tell you, and why can't people party? Who are you to say they can't party and receive help from friends. Shit why don't you party? Some people will always be more dedicated than others. Having the option to party is a big part of PoE, not that I personally use it to great advantage. I usually solo, or party with my brother a little.
#NeverGoing90

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info