Why GGG doesnt want 2WEEK race to be SSF?

How can one play master flipper build if SSF?
"
And1111 wrote:
How can one play master flipper build if SSF?

Cause everyone who trades = master flipper *logic*
I think it's cuz solo self found is boring to many players at this point.

Most of us started playing PoE in a solo self found way , i know for sure I was one of the folks who would fall into this catagory. I played a bunch of builds solo self found when i first started the game however solo self found really dose have limitations in build diversity , and crafting ability of the player .

Trading is a easy solution to many of these problems. Simply put it makes the game more fun , and alowes players to further explore the game.

Sure for some of us vets we don't need that anymore and WANT to play SSF becuse it adds a new layer of difficulty to the game , but we already have all the info under our belt of what items do what and how they function togheter , cuz we learned that in a trade enviroment. Also thare is nothing preventing anyone at any time to play the game SSF , why people insist on having some kind of set rule for this is beyond me ( o wait it's not beyond me , they want SSF so they can then strengthen thare case to incresses drop rates so they are handed evreything they want instantly with no work " GGG i am playing SSF and in 90 levels i did not get the item i need to make this 1 build i have my heart set on FIX YOUR DROP RATES YOU JERKS !!!! " )
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
I think the question should be "Why would GGG ever want a SSF event at all?"

They've put lots of time into creating trade features and balancing the game around trade. Why would they go to all that trouble only to throw all those things away for a league/2week?

Regardless, the community seems to have spoken, and SSF has lost (good riddance). I wasn't going to play in the race when it was just Perandus, and I certainly won't if it's going to be SSF. I will probably play if it's a flashback, though.
Complainers complaining for complaining's sake...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
The botting and rmt account owners are making the difference in the voting percentage unfortunately.
I actually think SSF would be a great experiment with Perandus, since Perandus essentially trivializes droprates anyway. Since the Perandus part isn't optional, I voted SSF.

It's worth noting that, without Perandus, I wouldn't have voted for it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 2, 2016, 9:41:14 PM
I'm pretty sure SSF + Flashback would have won if that was an option.

How many of those 3601 SSF voters want flashback as well, and how many of those 4880 flashback voters want SSF as well? GGG is forcing people to choose which they want more but I suspect a collective majority would be happier trying both for 2 weeks.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on May 2, 2016, 9:54:27 PM
how to SSF
"
Vhlad wrote:
How many of those 3601 SSF voters want flashback as well, and how many of those 4880 flashback voters want SSF as well? GGG is forcing people to choose which they want more but I suspect a collective majority would be happier trying both for 2 weeks.
Excellent question, questionable conclusion.

I can easily agree with you that at least some SSF votes are lost this way, but it's not wise to jump to conclusions regarding how many. Your claim is that at least 25% of "schedule" voters would also want SSF, which is a bit of a stretch. Possible, but a stretch.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 2, 2016, 10:13:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info